[pre-release] macOS Big Sur

3,698 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, eSaF said:

@SavageAUS - Ok you've convinced me - I am gonna do a Recovery and see if I can get the Disk to show in the Start Up section and if need be a full re-install, I got time on my hands for 'Crappery' today. :hysterical:

My Big Sur disk does not show up though.

4 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

My Big Sur disk does not show up though.

Yea but you do have the choice to pick which disk to restart from whether it is BS or another if you're Dual-Booting? Because the pic you posted I can see BS, in mine I only see Windows unless I manually Mount the BS volume then it shows in the Start Up Disk section.

1 minute ago, eSaF said:

Yea but you do have the choice to pick which disk to restart from whether it is BS or another if you're Dual-Booting? Because the pic you posted I can see BS, in mine I only see Windows unless I manually Mount the BS volume then it shows in the Start Up Disk section.

I must be going blind as i cant see my Big Sur disk. Only Windows 10 and Catalina.

Spoiler

1096362174_ScreenShot2020-07-24at8_47_27pm.png.846c366d9012e944a2b7aae90d2e3af7.png

@SavageAUS - Aha so it is not just me then on my machine and yet Chris1111 and a few others don't have the problem/glitch. It is killing me right now (Oh why do I let small $hit like this bother me so much :hysterical:).

BS only shows if I mount it manually or Hot-Plug Catalina and that aint normal Beta or no Beta :hysterical:

Spoiler

1362547287_Screenshot2020-07-24at12_23_53.png.db5c6630e807caf949ce1da5f9b35343.png668903753_Screenshot2020-07-24at12_24_44.png.f4f050d4ce452316256e1935cea66ba5.png668903753_Screenshot2020-07-24at12_24_44.png.f4f050d4ce452316256e1935cea66ba5.png

Edited by eSaF
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, eSaF said:

@SavageAUS - Aha so it is not just me then on my machine and yet Chris1111 and a few others don't have the problem/glitch. It is killing me right now (Oh why do I let small $hit like this bother me so much :hysterical:).

Im trying to set my csr active config to 77080000 but propertree won't load on Beta 3 even with python installed.

How would i enter 77080000 into xcode for my config.plist?

2 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

Im trying to set my csr active config to 77080000 but propertree won't load on Beta 3 even with python installed.

How would i enter 77080000 into xcode for my config.plist?

Sorry man I don't use Xcode too flaky for me I use PlistEdit Pro, best by far for editing.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, mick3lson said:

I'm trying to update to beta3 on hp4540s but at first reboot,  stuck on: apfs_module_start:2411

IMG_2826.jpeg

was in the same case.

adding vsmcgen=1 in boot-args solved the trouble for me. (Mac mini 8,1)

Edit same for my iMac15,1.

Fred

Edited by FredWst
  • Thanks 1

You see now this beta 3 is just refusing both my AR5B95 Wifi card and the TP Link 725n usb Wifi, no matter what I try. They are both working with the previous two betas. I wonder what they did, but I will keep on trying till I get at least one of them working :wallbash:

• Like 1

@eSaF

You are determined to wind the BS war... I like it, today when I return home I'm erasing my BS thingy and start fresh, because there are some things that I don't like.

For that reason although I solved the "Preboot" issue, the bluetooth... fresh install it is...

PS: On a side note, right now I'm at work, and I have a real Mac mini 2018, the update appeared and I installed it but it was only 4,99 GB. after finishing that update appeared the other with 11,98 GB to download. BS is weird even in real Macs... LoL ...

Edited by MorenoAv
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, MorenoAv said:

@eSaF

You are determined to wind the BS war... I like it, today when I return home I'm erasing my BS thingy and start fresh, because there are some things that I don't like.

For that reason although I solved the "Preboot" issue, the bluetooth... fresh install it is...

PS: On a side note, right now I'm at work, and I have a real Mac mini 2018, the update appeared and I installed it but it was only 4,99 GB. after finishing that update appeared the other with 11,98 GB to download. BS is weird even in real Macs... LoL ...

@MorenoAv

Apple developers says: macOS Big Sur 11 beta 3 is a full app instead of only incremental update image. Maybe that means B1+B2+UpdateBS3=Beta 3 :)

Despite of fresh install, I've got the "Preboot" issue on my Aorus Master :cry: it does not matter

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

@MorenoAv

Apple developers says: macOS Big Sur 11 beta 3 is a full app instead of only incremental update image. Maybe that means B1+B2+UpdateBS3=Beta 3 :)

Despite of fresh install, I've got the "Preboot" issue on my Aorus Master :cry: it does not matter

I did a clean install using the Big Sur recovery partition and I also got the Preboot "issue" at the end. However, following the instructions of @fusion71au the "issue" was solved.

I didn't copy any file, I  just run csrutil disable, then csrutil authenticated-root disable in the terminal in the BS recovery partition and restarted my computer. After that the Big Sur volume was correctly shown in the OC picker! just like that.

I hope it helps,

Good luck. 

Edited by dvil
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, MorenoAv said:

@eSaF

Yes for me it is a war, some days I win some days I lose :lol:. I just done a Recovery not from Time Machine or a back-up disk but a Live one from Apple Servers, over my BS beta3 install and I did not get to the object of my initial plan which was to get the BS Disk to show in the Disk Start Up panel, All I achieved was the named Disk in the boot menu reverting to the name Preboot and BS still not in Start Up panel, so that is one battle I lost :wallbash:But on the plus side, Recovery works perfect you can install over the original installation or delete and install a fresh copy of BS, so far the moment I will recoup and gather the troops and save the battle for another day but that is not going to stop me from doing covert operations on BS like a Ninja. :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

• Like 3

On 7/23/2020 at 10:29 AM, fusion71au said:

For those who want to rename "Preboot" in your OC GUI menu to "Big Sur", extract the text file disk_label.contentDetails into your ~/Downloads folder.

Use diskutil to mount Big_Sur's Preboot volume, then copy the file disk_label.contentDetails to /Preboot/UUID/System/Library/CoreServices with the "." prefix eg

sudo mv ~/Downloads/disk_label.contentDetails /System/Volumes/Preboot/UUID/System/Library/CoreServices/.disk_label.contentDetails ...

Perfect, I even renamed the drive inside the text file to match my HD (Macintosh HD)

Works as intended, thanks!

@dvil - Although I did it previously with fusion71au method and was successful, I just tried your method and got - 'This Tool needs to be executed from Recovery OS' - ah well I'll leave it for a while and see what happens or until it does my head in, which ever one happens first. :lol:

6 hours ago, arsradu said:

Have any of you guys tried the new VP9 decoding feature of Safari in Beta 3? I can't seem to get it to work... I mean, it's enabled in Developer options, it's just not giving me the options for resolutions higher than 1080p in YouTube for example.

I can't set anything higher than 1080p, other resolutions are not showed...

even with VP9 enabled

Edited by JahStories
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, eSaF said:

@dvil - Although I did it previously with fusion71au method and was successful, I just tried your method and got - 'This Tool needs to be executed from Recovery OS' - ah well I'll leave it for a while and see what happens or until it does my head in, which ever one happens first. :lol:

That's correct, you need to do it from the recovery partition.

Cheers,

• Thanks 1

On 7/23/2020 at 1:56 PM, arsradu said:

The post you quoted above doesn't have anything to do with this message. It was only meant for people who can't see the update in Software Update section.

Please, take a look at the known issues here: https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/extras/big-sur/#installation

"This is actually the part at where macOS will seal the system volume, and where it may seem that macOS has gotten stuck. DO NOT RESTART thinking you're stuck, this will take quite some time to complete."

how can you stop sealing? so that you then have full write permissions?
It was possible with the option "pull plug" at this point, is that still possible and then the sealing is

stopped but the system is then completely installed?