[pre-release] macOS Big Sur

3,698 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, PropoFlexWX4 said:

Ok. Luckily this was just a minor nuisance.

This build once again requires "vsmcgen=1" boot arg to install.

Fixed by using the "vsmcgen=1" boot argument.

Yep, that did it. Thanks!

Well then, I managed to fresh install BG beta 3, but now I don't have bluetooth, and my SMBIOS is a macPro 6,1, and my config.plist sábios is an iMac 19,1... at boot I have an message that the computer can't read the connected disk, anddd is all, a sea of problems... but installed the damn thing...

How do I solve all this problems?

Captura de ecrã 2020-07-23, às 14.24.14.png

Captura de ecrã 2020-07-23, às 14.25.00.png

Captura de ecrã 2020-07-23, às 14.25.19.png

Captura de ecrã 2020-07-23, às 14.34.43.png

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, 123Mike said:

Thank you, when your ready.

@123Mike, I was able to install BS beta 3 and so far everything is working in the same way as BS beta 2. The only thing I’m still wondering is why my serial number is not displayed in About This Mac if I use the DSDT that @MaLd0n prepared for me which helped enabling the WiFi in BS. At lunch time I will upload my EFI folder.

5 minutes ago, Donw35 said:

No, installed from beta2 to beta3

Yea that was one of my trials to get rid of the horrid name Preboot at the Boot Menu and all I got for my effort was still that horrid name and a guest account that I couldn't delete no matter what I tried so I did a vanilla install with Preboot still as my named boot disk although I named it Big Sur but now following fusion71au instructions to rid the system of it.:wallbash:

11 minutes ago, MorenoAv said:

my SMBIOS is a macPro 6,1, and my config.plist sábios is an iMac 19,1

You probably have a mix of information on your PlatformInfo settings.

Install Hackintool, then on the System > Serial pane, select the model you want for your system (I believe iMac19,1 is the closest for you), then copy the S/N, Board S/N and SmUUID, and paste them into OC's config.plist as SystemSerialNumber, MLB and SystemUUID respectively. Make sure the SystemProductName matches the model you selected. Then try again.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, meaganmargaret said:

Has anybody been able to download the installer for Beta 3?  Because I can't.  If I try from the macOS Software Update, I will get Beta 1.   And even though Beta 3 is listed and will start to download, it errors out.  I wonder if my account might be blacklisted?  Any thoughts out there?

InstallAssistant.pkg
or
sudo python installinstallmacos.py --raw --seedprogram DeveloperSeed

installinstallmacos.py

Edited by MICKHAEL

4 minutes ago, MICKHAEL said:

Please. does not publish a link to the Apple catalog because the moderator is not going to be happy. I think. :)

5 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Please. does not publish a link to the Apple catalog because the moderator is not going to be happy. I think. :)

thanks. I just copy paste from few page back) if so, sorry

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FirstTimeCustomac said:

Initially, I had it named Preboot, but after enabling SIP it changed back to its correct volume name.

I have the same problem, do you know how to solve it.

Edited by luky35

12 minutes ago, FirstTimeCustomac said:

Initially, I had it named Preboot, but after enabling SIP it changed back to its correct volume name.

Do you keep SIP enable after the change back to its correct volume name? So what is the code active it in my  OC config.plist. Please.

4 hours ago, MICKHAEL said:

okay. beta 3
whos using Clover? @MorenoAv @mnfesq anyone?

Reveal hidden contents

240871212_Capturdeecrandin2020_07.23la14_01_36.thumb.png.5e8508473f162987f9ef6d74c8c3bf36.png1927595348_Capturdeecrandin2020_07.23la14_01_53.thumb.png.0fbcb3df2ac47b95e37ccffd73a2f7da.png

even with VoodooI2C I'm not get HDD load (from screens), system never booted. latest compiled Clover
any ideas?

If I understand your photos, the first one did not have VoodooI2C and the second one did.  In the first photo, you have no AHCI/SATA and in the second photo, you had no kext injection from Clover.  I am using Clover too and am now having that problem with no kext injection as well. 

5 minutes ago, mnfesq said:

If I understand your photos, the first one did not have VoodooI2C and the second one did.  In the first photo, you have no AHCI/SATA and in the second photo, you had no kext injection from Clover.  I am using Clover too and am now having that problem with no kext injection as well. 

hi. well, in both case I have VoodooI2C as my laptop have a I2C-HID devices. the only deference its first one had a old version (thats working well on Catalina)
but, I'm unable to boot installer. Big Sur beta3
YES, same issues, no kext injection. but I also tried with compiled 2 day ago, Clover, that booted installer, Big Sur beta 2

Edited by MICKHAEL