Hi Guys,

How to fix on BS Beta 3 (Z390 Aorus Master): at boot

Couldn't alloc class "AppleIntelPchSeriesAHCI"  

I try SSDT-Ec without success

Thanks

Edited by Matgen84
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

Using new OpenCore 0.6.0 Beta Release (24/07) + Latest Lilu and his plugins:  I can't boot Big Sur. Stuck at apfs_module_start: 2411 (with or without apfs.efi, with or without SSDT-AWAC.aml

Any ideas ! Please.

Dont' forget to add vsmcgen=1 to boot-args, if emulated SMC is detect as MMIO.was working in beta 2 with virtualsmc of course)

I got same issue with 3 hacks of my signature.

Fred

J'ai eu le même problème que toi avec les 3 hack de ma signature.

Ils sont détecté par VirtualSMC pour utiliser MMIO.

If faut ajouter à boot-arg vsmcgen=1

Edited by FredWst
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, FredWst said:

Dont' forget to add vsmcgen=1 to boot-args, if emulated SMC is detect as MMIO.was working in beta 2 with virtualsmc of course)

I got same issue with 3 hack.

Fred

Thanks @FredWst wsmcgen=1 boot-args is present, without success with BS Beta 3

18 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi Guys,

Thanks

I get this stupid issue "Couldn't alloc class "AppleIntelPchSeriesAHCI"  " with OC and Clover 5120.

But Clover 5119 mod pass this issue.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Stefanalmare said:

Hi! Does anybody have this phantom GPU on BS beta 3? It happen in 2 of my hacks (ivybridge desktop and laptop).

Would you please share your EFI folder for your IvyBridge desktop? I wasn't able to boot mine with OC. You can remove the SMBIOS info from config before sending it.

Thanks

P.S.

About the phantom GPU check if there's an entry under DeviceProperties.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, d5aqoep said:
Spoiler

Sadly, those 3 kernel patches and cloverX64.efi don't work on my HEDT MSI X299 system. Stuck at "PCI configuration end, 11 devices" error

Seems like ACPI error. I tried to find PNP0C09 as per creating my own SSDT guide. But PNP0C09 does not exist on my X299 system. Anyone have pointers to fixing my ACPI for Big Sur? It did boot perfectly via Clover on Beta 2.

May be you find this on RTC for X299 

Device (RTC)
                {
                    Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0B00"))  // _HID: Hardware ID
                    Name (_CRS, ResourceTemplate ()  // _CRS: Current Resource Settings

Take a look at your DSDT :) 

Edited by Loloflat6

41 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

Would you please share your EFI folder for your IvyBridge desktop? I wasn't able to boot mine with OC. You can remove the SMBIOS info from config before sending it.

Thanks

P.S.

About the phantom GPU check if there's an entry under DeviceProperties.

Here you have. If install, disable unnecessary kexts. Especially wifi and bluetooth. After that I have no problem. Even recovery boot easily. If continue not booting, tell me symptoms, maybe I can help.

About phantom GPU, it's kinda strange:

261174771_Capturdeecrandin2020-07-25la15_53_52.png.22d87b9682dbaf93a6018be11b7f7ef6.png

OC.zip

• Like 1

4 hours ago, arsradu said:

@eSaF maybe if you install it with SIP disabled, the Preboot issue does not occur....? I don't know... I installed with SIP enabled (in order to see the update in System Preferences; by the way, that seems to be another bug) and I couldn't get it to show anything other than Preboot ever since. No matter if SIP is enabled or disabled. If you're doing it after the fact, it doesn't seem to change anything.

Also, I don't know why, but I can't seem to be able to disable SIP from Recovery. It says it's disabled and I have to reboot to see the changes, but...it's still enabled (if I left it enabled) when checking its status via: "csrutil status". In other words, no matter what you do in Recovery, doesn't seem to affect the live system. But I'm probably missing something... There are a ton of new things with Big Sur, so I wouldn't be surprised if this was yet another bug.

Same here, bud. 

it doesn't matter what I do in Recovery, after reboot "csrutil status" shows enabled. 

I tried to reinstall BS from Recovery but Preboot is still there. On top of that I lost Big Sur from Startup Disk, lol. 

Hi Folks, I am running Big Sur Beta3 no problem.  Reverted to FakeSMC (vs VirtualSMC).

It may have been posted in this forum already, but I may missed it.  I need to mount my root partition as read-write, but I'm getting error 66 (I didn't have this issue in Beta2).  This leads to my second issue which is I can't boot the recovery partition using the latest beta of opencore 0.6.0.  It refuses to boot and dumps me back out into the opencore picker.  So to summarize my issues with Beta3:

1) Trying to mount root partition as read-write but getting error 66.  I've tried different values of csr-active-config (verified that they're enabled using nvram-p).  I've tried FF0F000 per the latest dortania, 77080000 as I've seen some mention before, and the old E7030000. None of which allow for me to mount my root partition as read-write.  I'm booting using kernel collections method (and not the booter-fileset-kernel + booter-fileset-basesystem method).

2) Given the difficulty in #1 above, I then tried booting into the recovery partition, to run csr-authernticated-root disable command.  But opencore isn't booting the Big Sur Beta3 recovery partition on my rig.  Some OCD error or something of the sort.  Opencore doesn't seem to be able to boot the Big Sur Beta3 recovery partition.

I'm stumped.  Might someone have any advice please?

Thanks!

Edited by dehjomz
missing content.

24 minutes ago, dehjomz said:

Hi Folks, I am running Big Sur Beta3 no problem.  Reverted to FakeSMC (vs VirtualSMC).

It may have been posted in this forum already, but I may missed it.  I need to mount my root partition as read-write, but I'm getting error 66 (I didn't have this issue in Beta2).  This leads to my second issue which is I can't boot the recovery partition using the latest beta of opencore 0.6.0.  It refuses to boot and dumps me back out into the opencore picker.  So to summarize my issues with Beta3:

1) Trying to mount root partition as read-write but getting error 66.  I've tried different values of csr-active-config (verified that they're enabled using nvram-p).  I've tried FF0F000 per the latest dortania, 77080000 as I've seen some mention before, and the old E7030000. None of which allow for me to mount my root partition as read-write.  I'm booting using kernel collections method (and not the booter-fileset-kernel + booter-fileset-basesystem method).

2) Given the difficulty in #1 above, I then tried booting into the recovery partition, to run csr-authernticated-root disable command.  But opencore isn't booting the Big Sur Beta3 recovery partition on my rig.  Some OCD error or something of the sort.  Opencore doesn't seem to be able to boot the Big Sur Beta3 recovery partition.

I'm stumped.  Might someone have any advice please?

Thanks!

For #1, I don't know. But I think I can help you with the second issue.

Set JumpstartHotPlug=YES in OC config.

Edited by arsradu

8 hours ago, manmo71 said:

I have been attempting BS3 all this while with OC 0.6.0 and failed, but now after seeing people having success with Clover (have been a long time clover user)

I thought I will give a try at BS3 using a bootable USB and Clover.

But I am stuck at this point

Hide contents

I remember in the past that under quirks you need to enable AvoidRuntimeDefrag to get past this, which I have done but still no luck.

Hide contents

Anyone any clues?

Here is my EFI if anyone want to take a look at EFI.zip

Hi my friend!! Maybe you should try -wegnoegpu (for AMD Gpu) or -igfxvesa (for intel igpu)

Thanks for share...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi Guys,

Thanks

Hallo @Matgen84 you write ob top "EDIT I forgot a '>' in the config.plist. I can boot with FakeSMC now.... and here write you not work...

what is can you boot after the Error "apfs_module_start: 2411" ....with FakeSMC in Open Core or not ?

Edited by AlfredoM

Here are some shots from my last effort to understand what gives with Beta3 and as it stands at the moment I am done playing until the next update unless something drastic happens before that time.The Speed Stepping stats don't look too bad either. :thumbsup_anim:

Spoiler

1789788365_Screenshot2020-07-25at15_30_58.thumb.png.e631f2e3c8003919bfcd0fd5607207ff.pngIMG_0117.thumb.jpeg.8b74f9bb78aebb3b76f3dc1c51fcc981.jpeg834018341_Screenshot2020-07-25at08_06_58.thumb.png.01f1de1c6437329c6aa2c541c7e80bee.png2145948939_Screenshot2020-07-25at10_47_59.thumb.png.46ab930b64955afcc7ac73441880c7cd.png

41 minutes ago, arsradu said:

For #1, I don't know. But I think I can help you with the second issue.

Set JumpstartHotPlug=YES in OC config.

Thanks!  That flag worked, and I can boot into recovery finally.  But even though I run 'csrutil authenticated-root disable' in recovery, I still can't mount my root partition as read/write (i.e., sudo mount -uw /).  Still get the Error 66.  Could it be the wrong csr-active-config flags (FF0F0000) are set? 

Does anyone know how to mount the root partition as read-write in BigSur beta3?

29 minutes ago, AlfredoM said:

Hallo @Matgen84 you write ob top "EDIT I forgot a '>' in the config.plist. I can boot with FakeSMC now.... and here write you not work...

what is can you boot after the Error "apfs_module_start: 2411" ....with FakeSMC in Open Core or not ?

@AlfredoM you mixed up many of my comments. Which makes your question unclear. I confirm Fakesmc can replace virtualsmc in Opencore. If you've the same issue of mine.

9 minutes ago, dehjomz said:

Thanks!  That flag worked, and I can boot into recovery finally.  But even though I run 'csrutil authenticated-root disable' in recovery, I still can't mount my root partition as read/write (i.e., sudo mount -uw /).  Still get the Error 66.  Could it be the wrong csr-active-config flags (FF0F0000) are set? 

Does anyone know how to mount the root partition as read-write in BigSur beta3?

Well, I tried this...and it seems to work. As in, you can mount the partition and add stuff to it. But I don't know if this is the right way to do it with the entire snapshot feature in Big Sur.

But...if you wanna try, you can do this:

1. set csr-active-config to FF0F0000 (or 77080000; seems to do the same thing)

2. reset NVRAM in OC boot picker

3. boot into your system

4. open up Disk Utility and select Mount, then "Show in Finder" (from Disk Utility) for the system partition of the booted volume.

See if you can modify anything in there.

I created a new folder in /System for example.

Spoiler

777604517_Screenshot2020-07-25at18_13_20.thumb.png.af9d0bf75ba7125d88864a1c95ec27d4.png

Again, this might not be the right way to do it. But if you're working on a test partition, I guess you could try.

Edited by arsradu

3 hours ago, crazybirdy said:

I get this stupid issue "Couldn't alloc class "AppleIntelPchSeriesAHCI"  " with OC and Clover 5120.

But Clover 5119 mod pass this issue.

Try VoodooI2C.kext.

@crazybirdy It may also be that you are not getting any kext injection.  I had that issue with Clover 5120 but did not have it with the modded 5119.  A more recent build of 5120 resolved that for me.

Edited by mnfesq
  • Like 1

My experience with creating a Big Sur beta 3 USB installer

My USB installer is simple.

NOTE - Latest OC and kexts worked, OC and kexts, updated 07/24

ACPI

* SSDT-EC created from OpenCore guide

Drivers

* HfsPlus.efi <- not sure this is needed anymore

* OpenRuntime.efi

Kexts

* Lilu.kext

* WhatEverGreen.kext

* VirtualSMC.kext

* IntelMausi.kext <- your Nic kext may be different

config.plist

* this is where you follow the guide, trail and error here and you must document your changes so you can go back if you break it

This was created for the HP 800 G1 but will probably work for most Haswell systems.

Edited by Donw35
  • Like 1

Today I have learned a very hard lesson and hope to never repeat it again. I was having difficulties with the AirPortAtheros40.kext, while there was already a straight forward guide here in the forum and I kept ignoring it :hysterical:. Finally I got it working after following the snapshot deleting guide :thumbsup_anim:, so I would like to advice others that there's great people in this forum doing their best to make it easy for the rest of us and we just make it so difficult for ourselves, by not properly following their guides or just being plain lazy :wallbash:. Thank you very much people of the forum, for making the hackintosh so awesome :trumpet: 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, jinbingmao said:

Installing IntelPowerGadget can change the boot disk of bate3 from “preboot” to drive volume label!

Really? and you have proof of course - Have a look in System Preferences/ Startup Disk and note if BS is there.

36 minutes ago, eSaF said:

Really? and you have proof of course - Have a look in System Preferences/ Startup Disk and note if BS is there.

I remember installing Intel Power Gadget (IGFX trace missing) before the volume label corrected itself. Though, I thought, enabling SIP was what fixed it.  Anyways, what's the use of Startup Disk?

Edited by FirstTimeCustomac
  • Confused 2