[pre-release] macOS Big Sur

3,698 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @eSaF

I have it installed, with the MaLd0n method, but I'm trying to see if I can make this method work too.

It's a case of much free time and pure curiosity... lol

Hi @Pavo,

This is good news and it means that it boots the usb install, with nothing installed?

Thanks

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Pavo said:

Latest OpenCore commit is able to boot the installer and pre-existing installed macOS 11 Big Sur with kext injection without using prelinkedkernel nvram variables. It is now able to boot both with the new kernel collections method.

Glad to hear it.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Pavo said:

Latest OpenCore commit is able to boot the installer and pre-existing installed macOS 11 Big Sur with kext injection without using prelinkedkernel nvram variables. It is now able to boot both with the new kernel collections method.

That's great news, so no more VMware needed for the moment.

• Like 1

@Pavo I create a USB installer with latest commits and kexts, removed NVRAM values, and Reset NVRAM before installation but I am still getting SIGABRT loop error.

-lilubetaall also added to boot args.

Did you make anything special?

Edited by telepati

7 minutes ago, telepati said:

@Pavo I create a USB installer with latest commits and kexts, removed NVRAM values, and Reset NVRAM before installation but I am still getting SIGABRT loop error.

Same with me, Pavo what were your settings? Any recommendations?

50 minutes ago, telepati said:

Build Lilu.kext from Master. It have necessary changes for BS. No need '-lilubetall'. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Great help from the OC team and Dortania to get this running, Progress, and finally, Hackintosh is alive again! :drool:

AMD Bare metal is still broken for now. hopefully with a few more commits and a new patch AMD will work soon!

3 minutes ago, MacPato said:

just update to latest commits and disable NVRAM entries for Kernel Collection Method, also add vsmcgen=1 for stage 3 fix.

Sorry ask about it, but how do it "disable Nvram entries"? and add -vsmcgen01 on boot-args? 

28 minutes ago, fantomas said:

@MacPato Maybe it is funny but put yourself in the place of a user who discovers this topic only now. Do you see yourself reading these 49 pages to discover a reliable solution on page 50? I guess you do not.  ^_^

Perhaps a link to the resolution could be placed in the first post?

• Like 3