[pre-release] macOS Big Sur

3,698 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Thanks @arsradu I saw your post about Recovery Partition. The driver uploaded is a Big Sur version? I can try it.

Yes, I've JumpstartHotPlug set to Yes. Of course.

I can boot on Catalina Recovery partition but not in Big Sur Recovery partition. :cry:

Hi Mat! Yeah, same issue here (until now).

And yes, that's the file I used before to successfully get into Recovery. :) 

Edited by arsradu
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, iamprabhuantony said:

anyone using this wifi card? TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 on Big Sur? Please Guide or Give me Kext..... I am on Big Sur Dp beta 3.

used the @fusion71au methods to snapshots disabled, and follow step by step 

success story :D

pico@picos-iMac / % sw_vers

ProductName:    macOS
ProductVersion:    11.0
BuildVersion:    20A5323l
pico@picos-iMac / % kextstat | grep AirPort
   74    0 0xffffff8001e64000 0x127000   0x127000   com.apple.driver.AirPort.Atheros40 (700.74.5) 9753F22E-5C85-3E95-B543-0870CF03838A <73 43 14 8 6 5 3 1>
pico@picos-iMac / %

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Pavo said:

This is all I needed for my drive name to show up correct in OpenCore boot menu. Thanks

Pavo,

Since you and I run the same setup (mobo, cpu, gpu, Proxmox VM), can you answer my above post as why I cannot seem to csrutil disable SIP in Recovery?

After re-booting from Recovery, it does not re-boot directly into Big Sur (probably the AMD/GPU reset problem). Instead, I must re-start the computer and Proxmox. Once re-booted in Big Sur, SIP is enabled, not disabled.

Thanks!

3 minutes ago, iGPU said:

Pavo,

Since you and I run the same setup (mobo, cpu, gpu, Proxmox VM), can you answer my above post as why I cannot seem to csrutil disable SIP in Recovery?

After re-booting from Recovery, it does not re-boot directly into Big Sur (probably the AMD/GPU reset problem). Instead, I must re-start the computer and Proxmox. Once re-booted in Big Sur, SIP is enabled, not disabled.

Thanks!

so.... it could be a couple of things. I have my csr-active-config as 00000000 in the config.plist and have the proper settings for UEFI > APFS section in the config.plist. But it could be the EFI disk that you setup for the VM itself not saving correctly.

• Thanks 1

Is there a way to run the Clover installer in Big Sur?  I'd really like to have the Clover preference pane so that I can get the EFI partition mounted when my system boots.

Edited by mnfesq
  • Like 1

Spoiler

@meaganmargaret I am on the same boat. Stuck with Asmedia, after several attempts I sort of gave up. I managed just like you with BS2, was able to create a bootable USB and also install it albeit after a couple of re-tries. But with the same EFI, I am stuck just like you on BS3.

Will keep trying, if I find something, I will surely update here and you will know.

Edited by manmo71

Ok from a fresh (vanilla) instal, all kexts latest versions and new EFI Folder, new ssd disk - (sorry for the delay, had to go out and get a Take-Away for the wife), The install was trouble free from start to finish, two things with Beta3 - The first - 'Preboot' is the default name of the boot disk at the Boot Menu (whether this is the new norm from Apple or a bug, we have to wait until the next update). The second is definitely a bug - There is no startup disk to choose from in System Preferences/Startup Disk because the volume is not mounted - even when Multi Booting it is not there - unless manually mounted after reaching the desktop then it shows. These are the only two major bugs I noticed in Beta3 and with these findings, I will stop trying to correct these two and let Apple solve them for the next release - Cheers.

• Like 4

Well, well from a fresh install, parroting @eSaF here, I only have one bug that is mutual I don't have startup disk, but my disk is macOs Big and not PreBoot, and I have another bug that is the brightness slider, that don't work. This time I have bluetooth, sound, the right name... for that reason I'll stay put for the time being... :hysterical: always wanted to put an emoticon like this one... LoL ...

I'm kidding here, don't take offense ...

Captura de ecrã 2020-07-24, às 20.40.54.png

Captura de ecrã 2020-07-24, às 21.18.34.png

Edited by MorenoAv
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, MorenoAv said:

. . . I have another bug that is the brightness slider, that don't work. This time I have bluetooth, sound, the right name... for that reason I'll stay put for the time being... :hysterical: always wanted to put an emoticon like this one... LoL ...

I'm kidding here, don't take offense ...

Captura de ecrã 2020-07-24, às 20.40.54.png

Are you sure you have a working PNLF - either SSDT or DSDT patch?

1 hour ago, mnfesq said:

Are you sure you have a working PNLF - either SSDT or DSDT patch?

Hi,

No I'm not sure, but my SSDT was made by MaLdon, and until 2 days it worked, it stopped working in the last 2 fresh installs...

PS: And now I want to tell you guys, that after a couple reboots I have a PreBoot disk at boot and not a macOS Big Sur again... weirdness Big Surianna I'm sure... LoL ...

Edited by MorenoAv
  • Confused 2

my EFI for Clover has no particular mysteries, as long as you have installed/updated Big Purge to beta 3 uses Clover 5119 mod that you find in the first post on the German forum complete with instructions and add in the config kernel patch the 3 new patches in the page linked previously
kexts compiled with the latest commits and boot-args vsmcgen-1

post 1 - https://www.hackintosh-forum.de/forum/thread/49311-macos-11-bigsur-dev-beta-clover-patch/?postID=619527#post619527

post 237 - https://www.hackintosh-forum.de/forum/thread/49311-macos-11-bigsur-dev-beta-clover-patch/?postID=626411#post626411

• Thanks 1

Ever since Big Sur, my audio system always plan sound via my monitor (Via HDMI or Display port).

Even I change to internal speaker and mute the speaker,  audio always still plays via HDMI on display speaker. 

AppleALC latest kext is loaded, OpenCore latest is used, the same setup works without issue on MacOS 10.15.5 .

Any suggestion would be great, thanks!

2 hours ago, iCanaro said:

Yes! applause to the Germanic guys, Clover 5119 mod - the 3 new patches, launches Big Purge beta 3 already installed my Z370

https://www.hackintosh-forum.de/forum/thread/49311-macos-11-bigsur-dev-beta-clover-patch/?postID=626411#post626411

bootlog.txt.zip

Yep, I can boot BS Beta 3 with clover 5119 mod & these updated patches.

Thanks 

So I updated to latest master OC and updated to newest kexts this morning and still no Big Sur option in startup disk and still Preboot for volume name. But all still working so I can wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, iCanaro said:

my EFI for Clover has no particular mysteries, as long as you have installed/updated Big Purge to beta 3 uses Clover 5119 mod that you find in the first post on the German forum complete with instructions and add in the config kernel patch the 3 new patches in the page linked previously
kexts compiled with the latest commits and boot-args vsmcgen-1

post 1 - https://www.hackintosh-forum.de/forum/thread/49311-macos-11-bigsur-dev-beta-clover-patch/?postID=619527#post619527

post 237 - https://www.hackintosh-forum.de/forum/thread/49311-macos-11-bigsur-dev-beta-clover-patch/?postID=626411#post626411

Good news.

VM-method install Big Sur Beta 3,

Clover 5119 mod, New KernelToPatch, FakeSMC.kext, works fine here on installed Beta 3 now. :)

VirtualSMC.kext didn't work here with Clover.

Spoiler

110.thumb.jpg.91019011e6ee87541766ef9dd79efcf5.jpg

Edited by crazybirdy
  • Like 5