[pre-release] macOS Big Sur

3,698 posts in this topic

I'm back and this afternoon, I fresh installed again BS in another ssd that I own, to see if I could solve that pesky brightness slide in control panel... no dice it still remains greyed out... for that reason I need to download again the installer of BS. Anyone have the @crazybirdy script? 

thanks

this really annoying guys. Trying to fix PM. I follow OpenCore guide. Try with the default aml files for my pc (a 4th gen intel core). In the OpenCore log I see that the table seems they are loading, but when I check with IOREG I have this (CPU0 on name in IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/CPU0@0).

I atteched my config.plist (remove serial number, UUID and MLB) and my log.

I'm trying very hard to fix this problem. Almost a week now...

Please help

opencore-2020-07-25-193946.txt

config.plist

5 minutes ago, FirstTimeCustomac said:

Anyways, what's the use of Startup Disk?

This feature come in handy if you're multi-booting different operating systems like windows or ubuntu etc, etc as well as Mac on the same machine, then you have the choice of which OS to startup and boot into. Hope that is clear enough.

The Preboot name and BS disk not appearing in Startup Disk is only a problem on Hacks I think, I just watched an BS beta3 installation tutorial on a MacBook and there weren't the problems we are having understandably.How to install macOS Big Sur beta with macOS Catalina Dual Boot

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, eSaF said:

This feature come in handy if you're multi-booting different operating systems like windows or ubuntu etc, etc as well as Mac on the same machine, then you have the choice of which OS to startup and boot into. Hope that is clear enough.

The Preboot name and BS disk not appearing in Startup Disk is only a problem on Hacks I think, I just watched an BS beta3 installation tutorial on a MacBook and there weren't the problems we are having understandably.How to install macOS Big Sur beta with macOS Catalina Dual Boot

I see, thanks for the explanation. So is this same thing as making O.C to fix default startup volume after setting, Security->AllowSetDefault->Yes and pick default volume with ctrl+enter in boot manager ?

Edited by FirstTimeCustomac

1 minute ago, FirstTimeCustomac said:

I see, thanks for the explanation. So is this samething as making O.C to fix default startup volume after setting, Security->AllowSetDefault->Yes and pick default volume with ctrl+enter in boot manager ?

I would think so but the official OC Guide would explain better - The option in System Preference/Startup Disk actually overrides the original option for next boot up regardless and works the way Apple intended.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Sbrillo said:

this really annoying guys. Trying to fix PM. I follow OpenCore guide. Try with the default aml files for my pc (a 4th gen intel core). In the OpenCore log I see that the table seems they are loading, but when I check with IOREG I have this (CPU0 on name in IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/CPU0@0).

I atteched my config.plist (remove serial number, UUID and MLB) and my log.

I'm trying very hard to fix this problem. Almost a week now...

Please help

opencore-2020-07-25-193946.txt

config.plist

Not sure if this is gonna make a difference, but have you tried removing the part under ACPI -> Delete from your config?

My PM works perfectly fine. And...if you got SSDT-PLUG.aml in /ACPI, which I'm guessing it is, then I think everything looks fine.

33 minutes ago, arsradu said:

Not sure if this is gonna make a difference, but have you tried removing the part under ACPI -> Delete from your config?

My PM works perfectly fine. And...if you got SSDT-PLUG.aml in /ACPI, which I'm guessing it is, then I think everything looks fine.

thank you for the answer. Yes remove also the delete part on ACPI. Nothing change.

I'm made another plist and re-download aml files. Will see if this, make difference

there is a way to enable sensors cpu and others in Big Sur? I tried with SMCProcessor and SMCLightsensor kexts (put in kext folder in EFI/OC) and load them from OpenCore configurator. Nothing...

Edited by Sbrillo

thank you for the answer. Yes remove also the delete part on ACPI. Nothing change.
I'm made another plist and re-download aml files. Will see if this, make difference

there is a way to enable sensors cpu and others in Big Sur? I tried with SMCProcessor and SMCLightsensor kexts (put in kext folder in EFI/OC) and load them from OpenCore configurator. Nothing...

But...what is the issue you’re trying to solve? What happens when you put your computer to sleep? Sometimes the issue is not the CPU but the GPU.

16 minutes ago, arsradu said:

But...what is the issue you’re trying to solve? What happens when you put your computer to sleep? Sometimes the issue is not the CPU but the GPU.

well, first I want an efficient pc...

in second, I try to fix the sleep. Pc go in to sleep mode, but when I wake up it, go in to the lockscreen, and I can move the mouse, but I cannot click or use the keyboard.

I hope that, with power management set properly, I can solve the issue.

Anyway, now the boot, from post to bootloder is very very slow. It takes 10 seconds or so.

Edited by Sbrillo

1 hour ago, MorenoAv said:

I'm back and this afternoon, I fresh installed again BS in another ssd that I own, to see if I could solve that pesky brightness slide in control panel... no dice it still remains greyed out... for that reason I need to download again the installer of BS. Anyone have the @crazybirdy script? 

thanks

Hi @MorenoAv im not sure if was that, but here we go:

curl -O https://raw.githubusercontent.com/munki/macadmin-scripts/main/installinstallmacos.py && sudo /usr/bin/python installinstallmacos.py --raw --seedprogram DeveloperSeed

Its more safe try download in Catalina because in BS im notice issues...

Sorry im not saw that @eSaF was posted above...

Edited by Max.1974
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Sbrillo said:

well, first I want an efficient pc...

in second, I try to fix the sleep. Pc go into sleep mode, but when I wake up it, it go in to the lockscreen, and I can move the mouse, but I cannot click or use the keyboard. the wifi is missing (wifi logo has a slash on it)

I hope that, with power management set properly, I can solve the issue.

Anyway, now the boot, from post to bootloder is very very slow. It takes 10 seconds or so.

this is a screen from intel power gadget. The only task that I was doing was internet browsing. This values are not acceptable. 

1292866948_Senzanome.thumb.png.1117b522fdacd2c66f8578878d063b37.png202723160_Schermata2020-07-25alle23_40_32.png.fb630b12767e7ca199a74bef03396cf9.png

and this in idle or so. Temps are high for idle. Yes, is summer, but with Catalina I have 34-37 C tops in idle and a frequency much more slower. And of course a consumption more lower

435469416_Schermata2020-07-25alle23_30_17.thumb.png.bf382b5ee35efb96a4e11edbf23d539d.png

Edited by Sbrillo

@Sbrillo If this is from the Hackintosh containing the i5 cpu then a Mac Model 1.1 pro would be more suited for you specs. Even though it maybe summer where you are, your temps are way too high, your MIN Frequency 1.8 ghz also too high, should be around 800 MHz.

1 minute ago, eSaF said:

@Sbrillo If this is from the Hackintosh containing the i5 cpu then a Mac Model 1.1 pro would be more suited for you specs. Even though it maybe summer where you are, your temps are way too high, your MIN Frequency 1.8 ghz also too high, should be around 800 MHz.

so, you suggest to change Mac definitions to Mac Pro 1,1? 

2 minutes ago, eSaF said:

Have a look at my stats one page back at what you should be aiming for and getting.

1 minute ago, Sbrillo said:

so, you suggest to change Mac definitions to Mac Pro 1,1? 

Trust me, you'll be a lot happier with your machine and probably prolong the life of your CPU as well.

20 minutes ago, eSaF said:

Have a look at my stats one page back at what you should be aiming for and getting.

Trust me, you'll be a lot happier with your machine and probably prolong the life of your CPU as well.

and all apple services will be functional? Handoff, continuity, FaceTime etc?

ok, i change my smbios. I noticed a little drop to 40 C, and a frequency that not reach 3,90 ghz but only 3.0 ghz and drop to 1.20 ghz.

PM seems not working, but at least consumption seems more regular.

Edited by Sbrillo

16 minutes ago, Sbrillo said:

and all apple services will be functional? Handoff, continuity, FaceTime etc?

Ok - If you're committed to change Mac Model, Here is what you need to do.

1. Sign out of all Apple Services, iMsg, F/Time, App Store, Apple TV+ iTunes etc, etc.

2. Get and create new S/N, MLB, ROM and SmUUID for a iMac 1.1 pro Mac and inject these details into your config.plist (Use Clover Configurator if nesscessary to get these details) don't forget to check with Apple's on line checker that the data is not already in use by one of their genuine Macs.

3. After all the necessary changes, at boot up  Clean the NvRAM and reboot.

4. After reaching Desktop log into all Apple Services, then in iCloud remove the previous Machine from your account or you can remove it using an iPhone just leaving the new Mac Model iMac 1.1 pro.

Edited by eSaF
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, eSaF said:

Ok - If you're committed to change Mac Model, Here is what you need to do.

1. Sign out of all Apple Services, iMsg, F/Time, App Store, Apple TV+ iTunes etc, etc.

2. Get and create new S/N, MLB, ROM and SmUUID for a iMac 1.1 pro Mac and inject these details into your config.plist (Use Clover Configurator if nesscessary to get these details) don't forget to check with Apple's on line checker that the data is not already in use by one of their genuine Macs.

3. After all the necessary changes, at boot up  Clean the NvRAM and reboot.

4. After reaching Desktop log into all Apple Services, then in iCloud remove the previous Machine from your account or you can remove it using an iPhone just leaving the new Mac Model iMac 1.1 pro.

ok, change everything. Switch to iMac Pro 1,1. Freq still high but better, and the PM is not working. Maybe something missing in the config.plist, a kernel patch maybe?

Edited by Sbrillo

Usb installer made, fresh installed BS and... nothing... greyed brightness bar, grrrrrr

And now I have flaky bluetooth, can't pair my magic mouse, keyboard, and trackpad...  

Weirdness BS continues...

10 minutes ago, Sbrillo said:

ok, change everything. Switch to iMac Pro 1,1. Freq still high but better, and the PM is not working. Maybe something missing in the config.plist, a kernel patch maybe?

Ok here is my config.plist minus my personal data for you to compare, if needed I will upload my EFI Folder if you desire that as well,

config.plist

• Like 2

11 hours ago, mnfesq said:

Try VoodooI2C.kext.

@crazybirdy It may also be that you are not getting any kext injection.  I had that issue with Clover 5120 but did not have it with the modded 5119.  A more recent build of 5120 resolved that for me.

Have tried it.

No lucky here.:(