[pre-release] macOS Big Sur

3,698 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, yapan4 said:

Maybe is needed new unknown SSDT-XXXX.aml?

Maybe. But right now, OC and Clover both don’t boot Beta 3 on my MSI X299 Tomahawk. ACPI is a huge pain in the arse on this one. I installed Xcode and compiled OC myself today but same error at PCI configuration end, devices 11, bridges 21. I guess not many people are working with X299 system. However, my Gigabyte Z370N Wifi motherboard booted Beta 3 OC 0.6.0 USB installer without even trying. (Zero efforts. I was surprised at how effortless it was)

• Like 1

On 7/25/2020 at 5:11 AM, Stefanalmare said:

Hi! Does anybody have this phantom GPU on BS beta 3? It happen in 2 of my hacks (ivybridge desktop and laptop).

262809035_Capturdeecrandin2020-07-25la15_06_39.thumb.png.a04baf11c31af798a8896dc7374f2e1f.png

Yes, just noticed it today.   Installed gt710 for testing and noticed the R9 270x ID.   AMD Ryzen 3900X system.

Screen Shot 2020-07-26 at 11.54.58 AM.png

On 7/25/2020 at 5:20 AM, Cyberdevs said:

Would you please share your EFI folder for your IvyBridge desktop? I wasn't able to boot mine with OC. You can remove the SMBIOS info from config before sending it.

Thanks

P.S.

About the phantom GPU check if there's an entry under DeviceProperties.

Here's mine with Serials XXXX'd out.  Only thing in Devices is Layout ID =0x1000000

AMD Ryzen 3900X on Beta 3 with GT710 

EFI.zip

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Gigamaxx said:

Yes, just noticed it today.   Installed gt710 for testing and noticed the R9 270x ID.   AMD Ryzen 3900X system.

Spoiler

Screen Shot 2020-07-26 at 11.54.58 AM.png

That's strange. I also have it on my system. It also shows in IOReg,

Screenshot 2020-07-26 at 20.15.52.png

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, chris1111 said:

Strangely today I make a test of my wifi program for BS not because I don't have wifi, I have a native BCM it's just for Beta 3 adjustment I was pleasantly surprised to see my volume icon at reboot :lol:

this on all the machines I have tested:guitar:

Hide contents

@chris1111 that most nice theme I ever seem before....thanks a lot!!!! Im change my all for this!!! 

• Like 1

On 7/21/2020 at 1:05 PM, mnfesq said:

@lottenow @PC IT @hohoho @MICKHAEL It appears that at least 5 of us are all having the same problem - no ability to have Big Sur read our AHCI-connected drives.  Since I have a fully-functioning installation on a USB drive, I swapped the IOAHCIFamily.kext from Catalina with the Big Sur version.  I was able to boot to Big Sur on the USB drive but it didn't change anything - I couldn't see my internal drives.  I will experiment with that a bit more before I rule it a complete failure and will report back.  

I have the same problem with Sunrise Point-LP SATA controller in my HP Envy laptop. 
The installer can’t see both SATA SSD and SATA HDD drives.
I tried to add VoodoI2C.kext, but VoodooInput.kext plugin gives me KP, so I disabled that plugin.
Still no luck with VoodooI2C. Any other workarounds?

3 hours ago, markl18 said:

hi does any one else have this issue of not being able to get updates of Big Sur I have the beta but can't get unto beta 3

@markl18, I believe that you have to have csr-active-config equal to 00000000 (SIP enabled) and click on “More Info” under System Preferences>System Updates in order to see the 5GB delta update available for download and install.

59 minutes ago, jlrycm said:

@markl18, I believe that you have to have csr-active-config equal to 00000000 (SIP enabled) and click on “More Info” under System Preferences>System Updates in order to see the 5GB delta update available for download and install.

ok I made the src-active-config=00000000 but the update didn't show up

also for all of those who might have machine like mine please use your own DSDT from your own machine and all of those kexts are pretty much needed because it doesn't even boot with out them and yes I installed directly from usb into Big Sur 

EFI.zip

Edited by markl18

8 hours ago, crazybirdy said:

This EFI works on installed Beta 3 with i3-2100 legacy BIOS, Clover 5119 mod, not UEFI.

It can't boot installer.

EFI-i3-2100-BIOS-Clover.zip

I think you need OcQuirks.efi in UEFI and Quirks in config.plist to boot Big Sur beta3 successfully even by legacy boot as mine.

config.plist

• Like 2

Im over the moon just this minute. got. Big Sur (20A53231) on my Z490 gigabyte master

thank you all for your help. I have enclosed my EFI I made that worked for me. you will need to sort your sound out and Ethernet. Enjoy:). A Special Thanks to MaLd0n.whos work I used as a bit of a temprate

2122514319_Screenshot2020-07-27at02_25_55.png.3b19cf675ee4f9ea285844f92106715d.png

GigabyteMaster.Z490 Big Sur Beta3EFI.zip

Edited by BALDY_MAN
added EFI
  • Like 4

19 minutes ago, jsl2000 said:

I think you need OcQuirks.efi in UEFI and Quirks in config.plist to boot Big Sur beta3 successfully even by legacy boot as mine.

config.plist

Thanks.

I have tried it.

Clover 5119 mod boot to beta 3 fine.. with or without OcQuirks.efi in UEFI and Quirks in config.plist.

So, I remove it before. :lol: Maybe it needn't for legacy BIOS.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, valeryimm said:

I have the same problem with Sunrise Point-LP SATA controller in my HP Envy laptop. 
The installer can’t see both SATA SSD and SATA HDD drives.
I tried to add VoodoI2C.kext, but VoodooInput.kext plugin gives me KP, so I disabled that plugin.
Still no luck with VoodooI2C. Any other workarounds?

It appears that VoodooInput.kext is located as a plugin in both VoodooI2C.kext and VoodooPS2Controller.kext.  Perhaps it is the presence of 2 of the same kexts that is causing your KP.

10 hours ago, Gigamaxx said:

Here's mine with Serials XXXX'd out.  Only thing in Devices is Layout ID =0x1000000

AMD Ryzen 3900X on Beta 3 with GT710 

EFI.zip

I wasn't able to boot my IvyBridge with OC but yesterday I successfully installed Big Sur on that machine too and now I have tested all of my rigs with Big Sur (IvyBridge, Haswell and Skylake)

@Stefanalmare, @crazybirdy and @Gigamaxx Thanks for sharing your EFI folders :lol:

• Like 3

4 hours ago, crazybirdy said:

Thanks.

I have tried it.

Clover 5119 mod boot to beta 3 fine.. with or without OcQuirks.efi in UEFI and Quirks in config.plist.

So, I remove it before. :lol: Maybe it needn't for legacy BIOS.

Yes, with legacy Clover we never used AptioFix and so OcQuirks not needed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, mnfesq said:

It appears that VoodooInput.kext is located as a plugin in both VoodooI2C.kext and VoodooPS2Controller.kext.  Perhaps it is the presence of 2 of the same kexts that is causing your KP.

Yes, you’re right. I disabled VoodooInput.kext in VoodooPS2Controller.kext and left it in VoodooI2C.kext. No KP now, but didn’t solve the problem.