[pre-release] macOS Mojave

2,429 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Ukr55 said:

Look at this 

Thanks for the link. I didn't know there's a guide for WEG. Instead of putting the 32MB DVMT patch in the KextsToPatch section, I put it just the way the guide described, and it worked!

But gradients are still not as smooth as I expected. More tweaking maybe necessary.

Update made, without changing nothing, and still have sound... :thumbsup_anim:

Another thing where could I find the combo update, is time for updating my High Sierra, and it is hard to find...

Thanks 

Captura de ecrã 2018-09-12, às 21.20.46.png

Edited by MorenoAv

1 hour ago, MorenoAv said:

Update made, without changing nothing, and still have sound... :thumbsup_anim:

Another thing where could I find the combo update, is time for updating my High Sierra, and it is hard to find...

Thanks 

As far as I know there are no combo updates for DP and Beta version available publicly, but you can use @crazybirdy's script to download the full installer.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, MorenoAv said:

I have the script from @crazybirdy, but as you say it only downloads the full installer and what I want is to update my High Sierra, but I see that the only way is to wait for the official release...

Thanks 

Sorry guys for the off-topic post:

If I understand correctly you want to update High Sierra?

Here is the official link for 10.13.6 Combo update:

https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1970?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

and here's the High Sierra's topic for further High Sierra related questions:

• Like 2

No... @Cyberdevs what I want is to update de High Sierra to Mojave... I don't know if that is even possible, if not I'll have to clone my Mojave that I have in another ssd to the one where I have High Sierra and then migrate all my files to it...

Installed using crazybirdys script and everything seems to be in order. Even SpeedStep is now working for me.

Screenshot for reference:

Spoiler

10_14.thumb.png.6b67b2d113ee8c72679b0e001a6c08c6.png

I don't know if CPU-X or CPU-Z is showing the correct L1 cache sizes, so I simply included both of them.

Thanks everybody, this update went quite smooth for me, thanks to a lot of help by you people.

All is the same:D PERFECT on HP ProBook 6570B

With VirtualSMC

566145389_Capturedcranle2018-09-1222_19_31.png.46769ed49c9589a7401da0c33230146f.png

For the Geforce 210 not need to reinstall old kext, working again same thing like the other update 

captu160.png.26ee8478333ff1e6e6bb0daa5cb5e4e5.png

Edited by chris1111
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, al6042 said:

Installation finished:

Build Number is not shown automatically... I guess since it seems to be GM status.

And... USB-Port-Limit-Patch still works... ;)

Agree.  Since the build number is not automatically shown, this "beta" is probably the GM.

3 hours ago, In-N-Out said:

Not sure why the build number isn't appearing in the screenshot of About This Mac after updating to Beta 11, but I'm indeed running 18A389.

Screen Shot 2018-09-12 at 6.15.20 PM.png

Build number appears when you click your mouse in area next to "Version 10.14" ;).  

All my systems also upgraded without incident through App Store or @crazybirdy's script (for XPS M1530 Mojave on HFS+, used installScript_1014 and mojave2core patcher)....

Spoiler

302828263_MojaveDB11_18A389onNUC6i5SYH.thumb.png.f39931dfc8ae1acce6d8b4121a106bba.png

2009169841_MojaveDB11_18A389onXPSM1530.thumb.png.b9bac07920efeab4eed04a68feefeff7.png988067950_MojaveDB11_18A389onGAP55aUD3.thumb.png.79f5d8b063ee0ac60c46397434ef3f1c.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, fusion71au said:

Since the build number is not automatically shown, this "beta" is probably the GM.

What makes me thinking that this beta 11 is probably the GM it is the absence of the last letter like we can see on a confirmed beta seed (ex build 18A384a).

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, fantomas1 said:

What makes me thinking that this beta 11 is probably the GM it is the absence of the last letter like we can see on a confirmed beta seed (ex build 18A384a).

only mojave is still named beta ... everything else is GM

Spoiler

Schermata 2018-09-13 alle 11.33.02.png

Maybe they are going to make a new seed (GM) before the final release..

• Like 3

Curious thing is Apple is surely doing something fishy :P

As per your pics i can see the beta indication... However if you go and get all the packages from Catalog

you will discover... a mess

091-62771 seems to be latest build but different files (same packaging attributes) are shown

what i get is both beta and non beta WTF!!! LOL

258929409_ScreenShot.png.71e369b26f96e4a12fb55e97aa45d502.png

anyway dunno if a complete installer is already available and so as happened before here are all files needed to make a full install

macOS Mojave 10.14 18A389  091-62771

1. Download 6 packages below with your fav. Internet Downloader app:

2. Open "InstallAssistantAuto.pkg" using Pacifist.app then extract "Install macOS Mojave.app" (@18MB on my case)

3. Do the same as point "3", but now with "InstallESDDmg.pkg" (this took a little bit longer while extracting "InstallESD.dmg" @5.2GB)

4. Right click "Install macOS Mojave.app" within Finder, choose Show Package Contents

5. Go to Contents - SharedSupport. Place 5 packages on this folder:

• AppleDiagnostics.chunklist
  • AppleDiagnostics.dmg
  • BaseSystem.chunklist
  • BaseSystem.dmg
  • InstallESD.dmg
  • (InstallInfo.plist is already here, so you have 6 files)

7. Place the "Install macOS Mojave.app" to /Applications; use createinstallmedia if you're going to install it on a mac using  USB FlashDisk. Or, also install Clover to be used for a hackintosh PC

PS

this package is slightly bigger than the other one's so i guess now a 8gb drive will not suffice

Edited by LAbyOne
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, LAbyOne said:

Curious thing is Apple is surely doing something fishy :P

As per your pics i can see the beta indication... However if you go and get all the packages from Catalog

you will discover... a mess

091-62771 seems to be latest build but different files (same packaging attributes) are shown

what i get is both beta and non beta WTF!!! LOL

258929409_ScreenShot.png.71e369b26f96e4a12fb55e97aa45d502.png

Thanks a lot :) Crazybirdy's script do the same thing automatically. Installer app size is 6.03Go

4 hours ago, gengik84 said:

only mojave is still named beta ... everything else is GM

Reveal hidden contents

Maybe they are going to make a new seed (GM) before the final release..

Maybe... or did you already forget Mojave first beta with HS icon??  :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Version 18A389 installed perfectly and, for the first time, I am able to use AppleALC and have AppleHDA working, including HDMI audio.  VirtualSMC is working great and I never would have thought there would be an improvement on FakeSMC.  The Mojave Beta experience has been very positive for me and my laptop's performance has been very good, operating temperatures are lower and the only thing that still needs improvement is the temperature of my NVMe drive, which still feels hot when my laptop is sitting on my lap.  I'm looking forward to the release of Mojave so that 3rd-party app developers will update their apps to be fully compatible with Mojave. :thumbsup_anim: 

• Like 3