[pre-release] macOS Mojave

2,429 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, al6042 said:

Are you guys using the internal Intel GPU in "connectorless" mode?

I dont have this kind of issue with Internal GPU Intel HD 4000 on my Laptop, this append with the Geforce gt 710 2 gig

Edited by chris1111

3 hours ago, BALDY_MAN said:

I Have updated to Mojave 10.14(18A389). Just patched sound kext with AppleHDA Patcher. added patched kexts &HDA Enabler with Kext wizard. the only problem I'm having at the moment is the I can't open jpg photographs with preview.

but I can open screen shots with preview. is anyone else getting this issue

Screenshot 2018-09-15 at 18.51.15.png

Which is exactly why we created this thread here. You might wanna check it out.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, telepati said:

is this your Kingston or EVO?  I tried also HFPS+ but this does not change anything. @Pavo are you using anything such as SSDT, settings on config.plist or BIOS settings?

I get pretty well exactly the same as pavo on my 960 evo.

It's on apfs and uses apfsdriverloader-64.efi and no ssdt, no config.plist settings or bios settings.

write does start off at nearly 2000 but slows to 1500 - thermal issues. pavo doubtless has his nvme in a better spot for cooling :P

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, surfinchina said:

edit:

which doesn't seem to let me edit the above post... never mind...

I changed the test file size to 4gb. thermal issues better now

1231504019_Screenshot2018-09-1807_42_20.png.ac8d97014166954a38daeef5360f86bc.png

C'mon guys stop making show off  :P How do you get those speeds :thumbsup_anim: What kind of hack are you using? :hysterical:

are you both using PCI Adapter or directly installed on motherboard?

Edited by telepati

1 minute ago, telepati said:

C'mon guys stop making show off  :P How do you get those speeds :thumbsup_anim: What kind of hack are you using? :hysterical:

Haha I don't know why it's so good...

Maybe something to do with the i9 CPU and the motherboard which has plenty of bandwidth? I'm not a technical guy :P

One thing with all these tests is to run the activity monitor to make sure the disk isn't indexing (comes up as mdworker)

As an aside and a bit off topic, it always pays to go to sys prefs, spotlight, privacy and exclude all your other disks from the indexing...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, arsradu said:

Holy balls! Which SSD is that? :D You have a crapload of them in your signature. :)))

Samsung 960 EVO

3 hours ago, telepati said:

are you both using PCI Adapter or directly installed on motherboard?

Using PCIe adapter in a 4x PCIe slot nothing else, no hack needed. Sometimes the on-board slot uses only 1x speed which looks like what yours is using. get a cheap $10 PCIe adapter.

Edited by Pavo
  • Like 4

On 7/12/2018 at 11:41 PM, crazybirdy said:

1. Put it in /usr/bin/ as /usr/bin/mojave2core
2. Clover boot to single user mode with -s

Terminal command:

3. /sbin/mount -uw /
4. mojave2core

mojave2core.zip

Thanks for this mojave2core which worked up to beta 10, but beta 11 (18A389) broke it.

Do you have any new update for this ?

At present only replaced by 10.13.6's plugin can work at beta 11 (18A389) in my hackintosh of E8400 or X9650 (LGA775 MB).

31 minutes ago, jsl2000 said:

Thanks for this mojave2core which worked up to beta 10, but beta 11 (18A389) broke it.

Do you have any new update for this ?

At present only replaced by 10.13.6's plugin can work at beta 11 (18A389) in my hackintosh of E8400 or X9650 (LGA775 MB).

Works here with Q5-mojave2core/mojave2core on 18A389.

47 minutes ago, Pavo said:

Samsung 960 EVO

Using PCIe adapter in a 4x PCIe slot nothing else, no hack needed. Sometimes the on-board slot uses only 1x speed which looks like what yours is using. get a cheap $10 PCIe adapter.

Actually, my motherboard says 1 x M.2 x4 Socket 3 (32Gb/s M.2 x 4 Support) but I think this is not right in reality. :thumbsdown_anim:

31 minutes ago, telepati said:

Actually, my motherboard says 1 x M.2 x4 Socket 3 (32Gb/s M.2 x 4 Support) but I think this is not right in reality. :thumbsdown_anim:

What mobo? Do you have any other PCIe devices installed? If so what slots?

6 hours ago, telepati said:

My mobo on my signature. These are the slots I use. All other slots are empty.

Z170-A_2D.jpg

You can change this setting to try.

339612421_2018-09-1816_21_49.thumb.png.cb400627c98edcc1516478b259219194.png

Edited by 紫米
  • Like 1