Mac os High sierra installation attempts

432 posts in this topic

Yes I can - confirmed update via AppStore to 10.13 Beta (17A291j) without issue

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2017-06-23 at 17.25.53.png

Okay, well, not working for me, I have gone through many different configurations and the best I have come out after attempting to update to beta 2 is to have it still at beta 1 and my admin account changed into a standard account. And removing the .AppleSetupDone flag doesn't help restore it - that results in it just jumping straight to the "Setting up your Mac" and bypassing the setting up an account. So far the only way I have discovered to recover is to erase and reinstall 10.13 beta 1. 

My sig is pretty accurate - any suggestions why beta 2 corrupts my beta 1 install? Oh, and I have also tried with ALL other drives removed, and everything on my beta 1 works - transparancy in nVidia, iMessages, audio and USB. No know problems.

Frustration strikes deep with this one...

Okay, a recommendation to anyone having trouble updating to beta 2. DO NOT LET IT RUN ITSELF.

Sigh, if that works for you, then great, more power to you. If not, abort it after download and the open the installer and install manually it by running core just like beta 1. You may need to reboot to do that.

EDIT: Well screw that. It installed and I no longer have an admin account. 

EDIT: Well screw that. It installed and I no longer have an admin account. 

I had that after the beta 1 update - I sorted it by booting from the recovery partition, manually adding my user into the sudoers file and then after a normal boot running the following to make myself an admin again via terminal

sudo dscl . -create /Groups/admin GroupMembership <username> - but replace <username> with your username

• Like 2

I had that after the beta 1 update - I sorted it by booting from the recovery partition, manually adding my user into the sudoers file and then after a normal boot running the following to make myself an admin again via terminal

sudo dscl . -create /Groups/admin GroupMembership <username> - but replace <username> with your username

Thank you, I have added that to my mackintosh notes.

Trying to update from pkg (10.13 beta 1 to beta 2 )

Old method, Apple has changed a lot since 10.12.x. The reason why U could read clearly on message appears. As u can see on /Library/Updates there's not only one required *.pkg files.  :)

Old method, Apple has changed a lot since 10.12.x. The reason why U could read clearly on message appears. As u can see on /Library/Updates there's not only one required *.pkg files.  :)

So what to do ?

@DecBrain...... Is NOT failed is Not true !!

You restart please After that and See the Builnumber.

I have the Some Failed Message, coms Wy NOT a Recovery Partition is createt !

Still same after restart man :( 

i have seen that the update, done from the App Store, creates on the system a Mac OS installer partition, so keep that in mind, because you have to boot that partition to let the update successfully install, and for those who are trying to force web drivers from previous versions of Mac, please do not use nvda_drv=1 boot arg and use Nvidia web in graphics options, because old drivers when activated, will let the system to freeze at the boot up or to have a black screen

I have a problem with DP1 and also with DP2, booting it stucks in the first steps. I took a screenshot in verbose mode. Did someone have the same problem and how to overcome it?

I am using Clover of course, the latest 4097 build. My SMBIOS is iMac 14,2. I had no problems with earlier releases of OSX, so I guess, Apple has changed a lot in this release.

post-36859-0-29341100-1498396958_thumb.jpg

Im have same problems, but im install again BetaAcessUtility, restart, and finally appear on AppsStore!!!

i can see via App Store due to slow connection i download .pkg from my friend pc :(:D 

• Like 1

Hi all. I have this kernel panic and reboot.

System : Supermicro x9dri-f, 2 x e5-2670 , nvidia gtx 1060

Mac os 10.12 is working perfectly.

post-130817-0-55004500-1498513731_thumb.jpg

Don't have a clue what to do.

I have a problem with DP1 and also with DP2, booting it stucks in the first steps. I took a screenshot in verbose mode. Did someone have the same problem and how to overcome it?

I am using Clover of course, the latest 4097 build. My SMBIOS is iMac 14,2. I had no problems with earlier releases of OSX, so I guess, Apple has changed a lot in this release.

I have the same issue as professor panic CPU. Any ideas? Looks like public beta released.

Hi, my install its very simple, im think the Clover arguments is the "secret".

Im using many arguments, and I can install High Sierra in APFS so easy.

Im finally get terminal command work and make a usb.

25/06/2017 - Edit: Using Clover 4097 now!! So please, don't forget to delete "other" folder in EFI/CLOVER/kexts

Thanks a ton! i was trying to install macOS High Sierra on my PC. Was trying since one week but today's morning i was able to install it using your EFI. But it's slow as compared to macOS Sierra. Thanks again

post-1981722-0-31786400-1498622347_thumb.png

• Like 1