Mac os High sierra installation attempts

432 posts in this topic

if you are using apfs on an hdd, it is very slow on that kind of drives

if you are using apfs on an hdd, it is very slow on that kind of drives

Hey i tried with Clover r4097 with this my boot time reduce somehow you can try also 

ApfsJumpStart.efi.zip

Half of the USB booting to installer problems get mitigated with plugging USB drive into USB 2 port.

Just my few cents.

So far I haven't been able to boot the High Sierra installer off USB 3 ports of my ASUS Z270 IX Hero motherboard.

Hi all. I grabbed a copy of 10.13 and I created a USB installer with Terminal + Clover. With clover version r4077 I had a kernel panic but r4081 fixed this issue. However, now it hangs here like FakeSMC isn't loading. Any ideas?

I had a similar issue - still trying to solve this. My clover only allows me to do the non UEFI install option.

I had the same problem, no matter what I did I could not see the HS partition to boot it. I was pointed to this post and it worked for me:

http://www.osx86.net/forums/topic/24540-guide-macos-high-sierra-1013-beta/

Well i tried already to do a installation via core but this also does not work on this machine.

Strange thing... on my second i did not saw the HS partition with the USB drive but... with the clover on the disk it worked.... strange.... and but on the other machine i can not see the HS partition with either.

Already copied all same uefi drivers etc. no clue why my MSI board won't let me see the HS partition. Only the installation partition.

But i don't remember if i copied the boot.efi to the HS partition i will need to check that.

I had a similar issue - still trying to solve this. My clover only allows me to do the non UEFI install option.

Use latest clover (r4097)

At Dec-bra1n yes there is a way to remove that log at on startup. Remove the '- v'command in your clover startup or in config.plist. This will remove verbose mode in short that means it runs the obnoxious log cat of what happens at boot to pinpoint exact cause of crash. Once you dial in your machine so it boots as you have now it is no longer required. Unless your into annoying log every time you boot. Cheers!

At dec-bra1n/ Yes remove the - v command in your clover startup or in config.plist. This will remove verbose mode in short that means it runs the obnoxious log cat of what happens at boot to pinpoint exact cause of crash. Once you dial in your machine so it boots as you have now it is no longer required. Unless your into annoying log every time you boot. Cheers!

i am not booting with -v

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

beta 2 installed....

back on showing AMD R9 XXX 8Gb in video info and a lot of loaded kext for AMD but not the only needed ones :-(

It should be better but no... also still needing fakeID for RX480/580 and kext injection, black screen, that should be solved, is still there... I wonder if it is also still there with the eGPU from the Developer Kitt.... where this problem also occurred but should be solved now.

Yikes - where is that showing up when you boot? If so you may have - v in Clover and or config.plist. You can check when you are in the clover menu under settings...

Before loading the clover boot screen

Can anyone confirm they actually did upgrade to beta 2? I have tried a few times and it reports no errors, claims to have completed successfully, and then when I check the build number it is still beta 1.

Can anyone confirm they actually did upgrade to beta 2? I have tried a few times and it reports no errors, claims to have completed successfully, and then when I check the build number it is still beta 1.

Beta 2 has AMD Vega drivers, check if you have AMD10000Controllers.kext and AMDRadeonX5000.kext

i do not found links for the update combo, as far as i know the only way is to update from the mac app store using an already installed copy of the beta 1

• Like 1

Yes I can - confirmed update via AppStore to 10.13 Beta 2 (17A291j) without issue

post-841024-0-50146700-1498234469.png

• Like 1

So at this point, if I'm starting from scratch with a new installation and the newest version of Clover, what all do I have to do to get things up and running? I've read over the thread but it looks like some people have done different things altogether, and that some steps were made unnecessary by the latest version(s) of Clover. 

Hello Mickeyd453 .. I have everything here. Also read from Piker Alpha and it is all so registered with my High Sierra beta.

All 100 % as described there.

Unfortunately still the same problem Beta2 is loaded in Appstore 2,22 GB then after the download comes the reboot and it was not updated to beta 2 but still beta 1

Before I reboot, have also seen in Library / Updates the folder with names: 901-19061 and 5 files in it.

After rebooting no changes and the updates folder was still everything in there, which normally normally should be empty. At 10.12.6 there is no problems.

With you it worked, how did you load the updates and how installed? Is there a trick?

UPDATE

Problem solved... With Pikeralpha Script update Dp1 to DP2.

Workshop Great. Thank you Pikeralpha... Only a liddle Error to End of Install with Install.pgk

"Installation failed" is NOT True.... Install Work absolut correct !!