Mac os High sierra installation attempts

432 posts in this topic

Installed HS for the first time with Beta 2. Used the regular Apple installer (to a different drive), rebooted into the installer just fine (nv_disable=1), but after the installation completed and I rebooted, HS partition is no longer visible in Clover. I rebooted into Sierra, and checked: there's a boot.efi present in S/L/CoreServices...

Also, installer doesn't have any files anymore. New installer is like 20Mb... Files also don't seem to be in /L/Updates as some have pointed out... :X

After installing to new drive did you install clover to the new drive or just use the old drive clover bootloader?

Did you use APFS mode for install?.

After installing to new drive did you install clover to the new drive or just use the old drive clover bootloader?

Did you use APFS mode for install?.

I have Clover running from a USB drive, separate from either drive.

I did use APFS (the drive does show up on my 10.12.4 install).

EDIT: Come to think of it, I probably need an APFS driver for Clover... :rolleyes: <- this was it!

PS: That was the easiest installation of a new major version (especially including a FS change) ever! :o Ran the regular installer from 10.12.x (to a new drive), kept the exact same Clover settings + added the apfs.efi driver, and we're in! :o Now I need to get my NVMe drive working here (Corsair MP500 on a PCIe adapter)... ;)

• Like 1

I've installed 10.13 Developer Beta 3 but when I select my High Sierra partition in Clover, in verbose mode, it keeps displaying me this message “did not find a usable MAC address for entity id” and I'm unable to log into the system. How can I fix this, please?

Yes - appears to be working for me. What issue are you having?

How u fix it ?

I cant enable the night shift i tried lilu+nightshift but not works

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

How u fix it ?

I have read that it may be Symbios dependent, you need a model type that has it (current).    

How u fix it ?

Just a wild guess, do you have wi-fi and are you trying to use sunset to sunrise? I am pretty sure that requires location, and MacOS relies on WiFi for location. I set mine to a custom schedule and it works.

• Like 1

Well, darn. I could use a bit of help here. I am feeling really stupid right now.

I have too hackintoshes. Until two days ago they were identical builds, one for me and one for my wife. Haswell i5's, nVidia 760's etc (see my sig). A few days ago mine started dying - rebooting itself randomly and I decided that was a good excuse to rebuild it.

So, now, mine is a Skylake i5-6500, 16gb 3200 DDR4,nVidia 1050 Ti 4GB and a Gigabyte Z170X-UD3. Not a great build but all the parts are on the other sites compatible list.

My problem is it won't boot.using Clover 4097 and the same config that worked perfectly with the Haswell I get to the Clover boot menu. Windows and Linux boot fine and run with no problems. MAcOS 10.13 is no joy, it displays the Logo and the progress bar doesn't move. 

I only have 10.13 builds right now, and I was going to sacrifice one of them to trying a 10.12.4 build. But before I did, I wanted to see if there something simple I need to do to get MacOS 10.13 to boot on my Skylake system - like changing the CPU ID, or Graphics card ID or adding a kext or something??? Any help out there? 

Thank you in advance! 

Frank

(PS: I have followed one of the YoutTube videos for making a USB for 10.12.4 and similar to my build, and it will boot the installer. But that Clover setup will not boot the 10.13 installation I have. )

Well, darn. I could use a bit of help here. I am feeling really stupid right now.

I have too hackintoshes. Until two days ago they were identical builds, one for me and one for my wife. Haswell i5's, nVidia 760's etc (see my sig). A few days ago mine started dying - rebooting itself randomly and I decided that was a good excuse to rebuild it.

So, now, mine is a Skylake i5-6500, 16gb 3200 DDR4,nVidia 1050 Ti 4GB and a Gigabyte Z170X-UD3. Not a great build but all the parts are on the other sites compatible list.

My problem is it won't boot.using Clover 4097 and the same config that worked perfectly with the Haswell I get to the Clover boot menu. Windows and Linux boot fine and run with no problems. MAcOS 10.13 is no joy, it displays the Logo and the progress bar doesn't move. 

I only have 10.13 builds right now, and I was going to sacrifice one of them to trying a 10.12.4 build. But before I did, I wanted to see if there something simple I need to do to get MacOS 10.13 to boot on my Skylake system - like changing the CPU ID, or Graphics card ID or adding a kext or something??? Any help out there? 

Thank you in advance! 

Frank

(PS: I have followed one of the YoutTube videos for making a USB for 10.12.4 and similar to my build, and it will boot the installer. But that Clover setup will not boot the 10.13 installation I have. )

Use clover graphics settings inject Intel=true, fake Id 0x00000, ig 0x19120000 and Nv_disable=1, then load web drivers if a new build. Haswell graphics settings won't work if you didn't change them it won't boot it will drop pretty quickly to restart.

Use clover graphics settings inject Intel=true, fake Id 0x00000, ig 0x19120000 and Nv_disable=1, then load web drivers if a new build. Haswell graphics settings won't work if you didn't change them it won't boot it will drop pretty quickly to restart.

Thank you VERY MUCH!

So, I don't need to put in a device ID for the nVidia 1050?, and would I be better off letting clover make a new clean config.plist and setting it up as you suggest?

Thanks again I am making the changes now!

Yes, it may be easier to remove the 1050 and get booted, make adjustments, then add card again and reload or reconfigure web drivers for Skylake build. I don't have Nvidia web drivers but the same mobo and CPU.

Also, for CPU no need for fake ID, if you have one for Haswell remove it. And also, I only need to use AppleRT for power management no kernel or auausIntelpowrrmanagement for CPU power management settings.

• Like 1

Yes, it may be easier to remove the 1050 and get booted, make adjustments, then add card again and reload or reconfigure web drivers for Skylake build. I don't have Nvidia web drivers but the same mobo and CPU.

Also, for CPU no need for fake ID, if you have one for Haswell remove it. And also, I only need to use AppleRT for power management no kernel or auausIntelpowrrmanagement for CPU power management settings.

As Gomer Pyle would say, "Thank'ye Thank'ye, Thank'ye". I can now boot into my MacOS 10.13 with my new build. You sir are a gentleman and a scholar!

Now to see if I can do anything about the 1050 flickering like crazy, or if I have to either wait for the web drivers to be released, or put my 760 back in...

Thank you,

Frank

• Like 1

Okay, mostly seem to be up and running now. I get this on About this Mac:

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 7 MB

​Obviously a little more than 7MB is on my 1050 Ti. Any suggestions on how to get the OS to use the 1050 and recognize it? (It is running but VERY slow and flickers) I don't need "acceleration", but it would be nice to be able to make use of the 4GB of video ram...

Thanks

Frank

I use a Gigabyte RX 460 4gb $130 US and in High Sierra I have full audio now through HDMI and Displayports, no drivers needed no fixes it works great. Every update since Sierra public Beta 2 (sept. 2016) has worked for this card it's a keeper.

For Nvidia it's all about waiting for the Web Drivers for Maxwell and Pascal cards. Hopefully they don't wait for the public release to launch them.

• Like 1

One thing that's been bugging me a little with the last 2 betas including the latest (17A315i), is that using the core.pkg method and updating an existing installation reverts my user to standard rather than admin.

I have to do a fresh install and then migrate information to get admin.

Guys vit9696 has created a new plugin for the lilu kext to no longer require the helper gpu on amd cards, so try it, of course i have tested and lilu work fine in high sierra beta, but i do not have amd gpus, so i link the kext and you try it

https://github.com/vit9696/WhateverGreen

• Like 2

I use a Gigabyte RX 460 4gb $130 US and in High Sierra I have full audio now through HDMI and Displayports, no drivers needed no fixes it works great. Every update since Sierra public Beta 2 (sept. 2016) has worked for this card it's a keeper.

For Nvidia it's all about waiting for the Web Drivers for Maxwell and Pascal cards. Hopefully they don't wait for the public release to launch them.

i have an AMD 280x and there is no hdmi audio

One thing that's been bugging me a little with the last 2 betas including the latest (17A315i), is that using the core.pkg method and updating an existing installation reverts my user to standard rather than admin.

I have to do a fresh install and then migrate information to get admin.

i posted how to fix this previously - make sure your user is in sudoers, you might need to boot recovery partition and then add your user to sudoers manually then when in 10.13 just ...

sudo dscl . -create /Groups/admin GroupMembership <youruser>

• Like 2