Mac os High sierra installation attempts

432 posts in this topic

Working on my (old BIOS)DG43GT Core 2 Quad Q8300 but still no graphics Asus HD7770 only bot with (-x)safe mode

Format=Mac OS Extended (Journaled)

remove dsdt.aml

I do not have DSDT, only 2 SSDT. Since the second one is for the CPU, I already tried to remove one by one.

I have the same problem, I test this, but not work for me.

Any other idea?
I use Clover r4084, apfs.efi...
Hello try with these DropTables in ACPI.

Nothing. Stuck in the same place.

I'll leave all my EFI here, that's what I use in the Sierra, with some changes to the High Sierra. I'm doing several tests.

EFI Vinicius - Test 10.13 Beta.zip

Thank you ricoc90

Then... I'm doing it the right way :-)

Better to stop trying for a moment. I'll get angry with that "Disk Utility" and "Install macOS" problem. Never had something like this before.

I got the same issue my disk utility taking too much time need help guys

• Like 2

It does not just take long, it formats or deletes never without error. No matter what file system is selected. And it works as already said several times, madly sluggish. With an open terminal and the "diskutil list" command I could speed up the search of the hard disk. But otherwise it did not really matter.

It does not just take long, it formats or deletes never without error. No matter what file system is selected. And it works as already said several times, madly sluggish. With an open terminal and the "diskutil list" command I could speed up the search of the hard disk. But otherwise it did not really matter.

In my case . It is too much time taking, more than 30 min to see all hard disk in disk utility also I have tested with clover r4084 still same need help man :( 

• Like 1

@Dec_Bra1n

On wich hardware do you have the problem (Board, Chipset, CPU)? On all setups from your signature?

I could only test on the setups from my signature for now.

Perhaps we can slowly approach the problem.

@Dec_Bra1n

On wich hardware do you have the problem (Board, Chipset, CPU)? On all setups from your signature?

I could only test on the setups from my signature for now.

Perhaps we can slowly approach the problem.

HackBook Pro :-HP DV6-6121 TX (Win 10 Pro + OSX 10.11.2 GPT + Clover+10.10.5 )

+ Video make USB MacOS High Seirra 10.13 Beta + Clover r4084 :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6XPUq6jEO0

+ Video install MacOS High Seirra 10.13 Beta :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSjFOmHzWO8&t=122s

Copy kext : FakeSMC.kext + you PC Lan kext (Intel or Realtek or Atheros..) + GenericUSBXHCI

Enables USB 3.0 on many system

to USB EFI\Clover\Kext\Other

https://markwithtech.com/d/43-common-kexts-and-other-downloads-for-hackintosh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6XPUq6jEO0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSjFOmHzWO8&t=122s

Copy kext : FakeSMC.kext + you PC Lan kext (Intel or Realtek or Atheros..) + GenericUSBXHCI

Enables USB 3.0 on many system

https://markwithtech.com/d/43-common-kexts-and-other-downloads-for-hackintosh

Still same taking too much time on disk utility more than 30 min
  • Like 1

Hello, I installed MacOS High Sierra 10.13 Beta on a Lenovo ThinkCentre M58 with HD5450 PCI Graphics Card, Device ID: 0x68E11002, but I cannot get QE/CI working.

I try to add the Device ID in the Info.plist of AMDRadeonX3000.kext, that always worked (with El Capitan and Sierra). But when I try it with High Sierra, I don't even get to the login screen, I just get a black screen and a cursor and then it goes in somekind of loop.

Will try Kext Utility like suggested here, but I tried several methods, I think it is another issue.

Kind regards and happy hackintoshing everyone.

Sorry for asking it again if already answered, I'm reading this thread for half an hour, it's kind of confusing, can anyone please confirm.

1) Do we still need 'prelinkedkernel' with new 'clover 4084'?

2) Do we still need to add 'FirmwareFeatures' to 'SMBIOS'?

• Like 1

don't do 2 step just make USB Mac OS Hight Seirra origin + Clover r4084 + Copy kext : FakeSMC.kext + you PC Lan kext (Intel or Realtek or Atheros..) + GenericUSBXHCI (Enables USB 3.0 on many system)

Still same taking too much time on disk utility more than 30 min

important: you copy 3 kext to EFI\Clover\kext\other :  FakeSMC.kext + you PC Lan kext (Intel or Realtek or Atheros..) + GenericUSBXHCI (Enables USB 3.0 on many system)

* Boot mainboard F12 (main Gigabyte) choise UEFI USB to Clover r4084 :

Go to USB "Boot OS X Install from Install macOS 10.13 Beta" press spacebar choise Boot with flag :

- v ( Verbose Mode) : Press spacebar select

nv_disable=1 : Press spacebar select

Choise  "Boot macOS with selected option " Enter

don't do 2 step just make USB Mac OS Hight Seirra origin + Clover r4084 + Copy kext : FakeSMC.kext + you PC Lan kext (Intel or Realtek or Atheros..) + GenericUSBXHCI (Enables USB 3.0 on many system)

* Boot mainboard F12 (main Gigabyte) choise UEFI USB to Clover r4084 :

Go to USB "Boot OS X Install from Install macOS 10.13 Beta" press spacebar choise Boot with flag :

- v ( Verbose Mode) : Press spacebar select

nv_disable=1 : Press spacebar select

Choise  "Boot macOS with selected option " Enter

Thanks :) I have no USB 3 port, mean don't need third kext, and don't use LAN but Wi-Fi, so I need FakeSMC, Wi-Fi and sound kext, rest is same as Sierra.

• Like 1

So have it working well on my i7 4770, only problem still remaines is the RX460 - RX580 still needs a helper card.

I red it had something to do with UEFI VBios that is loaded when clover starts and it needs to be reset or something when booting macOS.

Too bad....with this iGPU my system is giving me a 3rd screen at much slower speeds so i have an extra screen and when i sync the desktop to all screens is super slow. I hope a smart programmer finds a way to get it to work either via a clover edit or via a vbios edit so that it will work with only the RX580 in my machine

I am going to test with a modded vbios for my card only thing is i will have no bios, clover screen or windows 10 will not work anymore.

Thanks :) I have no USB 3 port, mean don't need third kext, and don't use LAN but Wi-Fi, so I need FakeSMC, Wi-Fi and sound kext, rest is same as Sierra.

no no you make usb copy 3 kext to you clover same the video 

If not stll wait long time

another kext setup complete Installs Clover r4084 to you hard disk copy all kext laptop you need.

Sorry for asking it again if already answered, I'm reading this thread for half an hour, it's kind of confusing, can anyone please confirm.

1) Do we still need 'prelinkedkernel' with new 'clover 4084'?

2) Do we still need to add 'FirmwareFeatures' to 'SMBIOS'?

1. Negative.

2. Negative, but wont hurt.

it seems that firmware features is still needed in some cases, so just in case, use it

but what about radeon rx 5XX and 4XX compatibility in high sierra? are that supported oob?

For a perfect installation without problems, @ Chris1111 has made us a small utility that is great. For my part I had no galley installation on three different machine. I want to thank @ Chris1111 for his work. Big thank you !!!!!!!!!

Frankly @ Chris1111 you are the best ...
  • Like 1

USB mouse not working after boot into 10.13.  Can't select anything on initial select language screen.  Mouse is plugged into USB 2 port.  Tried USB 3 port and still won't work.  Any suggestions?

Using Clover r4084.  Asus Z170 board with i7.

Installed by running Core.pkg and then copying over boot.efi.  Using same kexts in EFI as used in 10.12.5:

AppleALC.kext
FakeSMC.kext
HDMIAudio.kext
IntelMausiEthernet.kext
Lilu.kext
NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext

Thanks.