Mac os High sierra installation attempts

432 posts in this topic

try the genericusbxhci kext and the fakepciid kext with fakepciid the fakepciid for xhci (you need both the standard and the xhci version of fake pciid)

Thanks.  I finally had to use Rehabman's USBInjectAll kext.  Now dealing with graphics problems.

• Like 1

Tried createmedia, then manual restore copy to create USB, use kexts from working Sierra, then tried other kexts from this thread, nothing worked for me, it boot to language selection screen and then stuck there, finally used Core.pkg method and now on High Sierra, Wi-Fi, sound, display, all working. Is there any way to switch to APFS without reinstall?

try the genericusbxhci kext and the fakepciid kext with fakepciid the fakepciid for xhci (you need both the standard and the xhci version of fake pciid)

I have tried like everything to set up the MacOS High Sierra using (USB + Clover / clover+HDD) i have tried createmedia , manual restore method and the method which is mention on this threat (PreLinkedKernel) but all failed only one method works which is Core.Pkg install on clean HFS+ partition. but don't know how to Convert HFS+ to APFS :( 

also tried clover r4079 to r4084 with New APFS Supported Firmware (BiosVersion)  almost tried every SMBIOS with supported APFS Firmware.

Every time i try to install i stuck at "Disk Utility" it takes more than 30 min to load all hard drives which is strange :(  and never reach to successfully clean Drive :(

any help can be appreciated.  

Config:- i7 2630qm Intel HD 3000,8GB ram SSD+HDD 

• Like 1

I have tried like everything to set up the MacOS High Sierra using (USB + Clover / clover+HDD) i have tried createmedia , manual restore method and the method which is mention on this threat (PreLinkedKernel) but all failed only one method works which is Core.Pkg install on clean HFS+ partition. but don't know how to Convert HFS+ to APFS

I have same problem, High Sierra working perfect using Core method but without APFS, there in Sierra we can format using APFS, what about formatting the drive like that and then installing High Sierra.

I have same problem, High Sierra working perfect using Core method but without APFS, there in Sierra we can format using APFS, what about formatting the drive like that and then installing High Sierra.

I installed high sierra to apfs just by double clicking on the install beta from inside 10.12.3.

It's about 10% faster on my 960 evo :)

Have you tried installing over your high sierra install? Then just tick the box for apfs format during the install process.

• Like 1

I did exactly same but following method does not create recovery partition we need solution for this

I installed high sierra to apfs just by double clicking on the install beta from inside 10.12.3.

Have you tried installing over your high sierra install? Then just tick the box for apfs format during the install process.

Yes I tried but once I reboot it won't start the installation i just got blank screen no error nothing

I did exactly same but following method does not create recovery partition we need solution for this

Yes I tried but once I reboot it won't start the installation i just got blank screen no error nothing

And apfs.efi is in drivers64UEFI?

My ionvmefamily and voodooTSCSync kexts broke my install. Removing those breaks 10.12 but fixes 10.13. For me that is.

Plus the latest clover is important.

I don't think installing from high sierra to high sierra on the same drive would work. It'd format the apfs over the install file so break at first reboot. I have 2 cloned SSDs and installed from one 10.12 to another 10.12 on a seperate drive.

Yes I also have 2seprate disk for this experiment.

Yes I added apfs.efi and I never use voodootscsync and tried with latest clover ?

I also tried this form 10.12.5 core method to 10.13 then from 10.13 i create apfs partition and again core method on different partition.

With my Z97 i5 4690K, I added the firmware thing then updated to clover 4084, added APFS stuff then I just cloned my existing 10.12.5 to a secondary partition in a vmware 8 OS X 10.12. I ran the updater on my install through vmware, cloned back afterwards to second partition. It just booted first time, going to install nvidia driver now

Doing same on working Sierra 10.12.6, added an other partition to SSD for High Sierra. What about apfs kext, do we need that when using this method?

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

For now only working option for me is Core.pkg, mean without APFS, don't know what causing this stuck on Loading disks or blue screen before language selection, its extremely slow at those steps.

• Like 2

For now only working option for me is Core.pkg, mean without APFS, don't know what causing this stuck on Loading disks or blue screen before language selection, its extremely slow at those steps.

Same issue for me :( 

• Like 1

Guys now successfully working everything what I did is 

1:- On Sierra I install High Sierra via Beta.app (HFS+ mode)

2:-On Plist I use 0xff1fff3f as a firmware features (also tried bunch of APFS Supported Firmwares but failed) 

3:-Once after successfully booted with High Sierra I boot the Recovery Disk (HS recovery) and convert the partition from HFS+ to APFS.

19197486_1528372370535649_726388725_o.pn

• Like 1

Guys now successfully working everything what I did is 

1:- On Sierra I install High Sierra via Beta.app (HFS+ mode)

2:-On Plist I use 0xff1fff3f as a firmware features (also tried bunch of APFS Supported Firmwares but failed) 

3:-Once after successfully booted with High Sierra I boot the Recovery Disk (HS recovery) and convert the partition from HFS+ to APFS.

Thanks for sharing, mean this firmware thing has something to do with that freeze on blue screen issue. Where did you add this, on top or on bottom of SMBIOS? Would you mind sharing your plist. What about selecting APFS on Beta.app, have you tried that first?

I got it working too, here's what I did:

1. Split my working Sierra SSD to three partitions, Sierra, High and APFS
  2. Intalled High Sierra to High partition using Core.pkg
  3. Booted to High and erased APFS partition with APFS file system
  4. Run Core.pkg again to install High Sierra to APFS partition

It's working fine with sound, Wi-Fi and display etc, but it's not something proper and it don't update / create recovery.