Mac os High sierra installation attempts

432 posts in this topic

Slowly I think something fundamental is wrong with my setup. With Clover r4084 I can without problems enter the setup. Booteded from my USB stick. Up to the setup screen everything is also pretty fast, as well as with previous versions of Clover and macOS. But from then on everything is just as in slow motion. The disk utility I get to start, it also recognized already created APFS partitions on my HDD but I can not delete anything. This always ends in error messages. And it takes about 45 minutes to start and run this process. When I see all the positive installations, I wonder where the problem might be. Different SMBIOS types from MacBook Pro to MacPro and iMac I have tried. With and without firmware features. I can not figure it out. Am I the only one?

Okay, I really could use some ideas here. I had little to no problem updating to Sierra, but High Sierra is kicking my butt. 

I have tried pretty much every suggestion and combinations of ways to upgrade and with few exceptions they all end the same way, installation claims to finish successfully, but the drive is not recognized as a bootable drive by clover and so, I can't boot into the new install - even though looking through the folders and partitions everything appears to be where it is supposed to be - it just doesn't show up in Clover's boot screen. Nothing matters so far, APFS, firmware settings, new FakeSMC, Clover old, 4081, 4082, 4084, new downloads from Apple (I am a registered developer.), installing with USB or from my 10.12.6 installation, nada, nothing changes anything below. No Crashes, no error messages, nothing bad - it all appears to work, except it doesn't.

The exception is if I clone my current 10.12.6 install to a new drive using Disk Util and then install 10.13 on top of that clone, it shows up in Clover's boot screen - but, it won't run, it boots, loads, I log in and then I am swamped with error messages/debug windows of everything from Siri to Spotlight to Finder not working right or failing.

My signature has my system, in addition I am running Clover 4084, I have a week or two new FakeSmc from RehabMan, I have updated the firmware numbers/dates in my Config per instructions here, My Sierra install uses only FakeSMC and a kext for ethernet. Everything else pretty much works.

I am completely stumped on the installed drive not showing up in Clover. In Diskutil it says it is bootable, the EFI is setup correctly (same as in 10.12.6) - everything I can think of is the same.

The simplest method I use is:

1. Erase/partition the target drive in Diskiutil as Mac OS Extended (Journaled)

2. Launch the 10.13 install App in my 10.12.6 system and point it at the target drive.
3. It installs the Helper folder on the target successfully.
4. Then open the InstallESD.dmg on the target drive in the "macOS Install Data" folder. (I then either go to next step or reboot 10.12.6 and go to next step.
5. Then open Packages folder (in the InstallESD.dmg) and install using either OSInstall.mpkg or Core.pkg (both do basically the same thing on my system).
6. When it finishes, it announces it has finished successfully and I close it. 

At this point I am stuck, because I assume I am supposed to reboot and let it finish the install, but when I reboot the target drive is not in the Clover boot list screen. So, I then boot 10.12.6 and look around and everything appears to be waiting patiently for me on the 10.13 target disk. But, I have no way to run the OS that is on it.

If I install Clover on that drive, it doesn't help, the 10.13 drive does not show up in the clover boot screen as an option. 

Any ideas? Suggestions? Sympathy?

TIA,

Frank

PS. Oh, and my current 10.12.6 is a fusion drive, and I have tried both fusion targets and HD's and/or SSD's targets - all do the same as above.

Slowly I think something fundamental is wrong with my setup. With Clover r4084 I can without problems enter the setup. Booteded from my USB stick. Up to the setup screen everything is also pretty fast, as well as with previous versions of Clover and macOS. But from then on everything is just as in slow motion. The disk utility I get to start, it also recognized already created APFS partitions on my HDD but I can not delete anything. This always ends in error messages. And it takes about 45 minutes to start and run this process. When I see all the positive installations, I wonder where the problem might be. Different SMBIOS types from MacBook Pro to MacPro and iMac I have tried. With and without firmware features. I can not figure it out. Am I the only one?

The new High Sierra seems to me to have been crafted to perform better on SSDs, and I was able to create a pendrive but I used the new Sherlocks drivers and the Clover 4081 did better. I did not see much of a difference between the previous one, 10.12.6, which was fine, but Apple always needs to justify its pricing, so it launches new systems at all times. I think it's a good thing, and from time to time break our heads to install on our blessed and good Hackintoshes !!! Greetings everyone.!!!

Okay, I really could use some ideas here. I had little to no problem updating to Sierra, but High Sierra is kicking my butt. 

I have tried pretty much every suggestion and combinations of ways to upgrade and with few exceptions they all end the same way, installation claims to finish successfully, but the drive is not recognized as a bootable drive by clover and so, I can't boot into the new install - even though looking through the folders and partitions everything appears to be where it is supposed to be - it just doesn't show up in Clover's boot screen. Nothing matters so far, APFS, firmware settings, new FakeSMC, Clover old, 4081, 4082, 4084, new downloads from Apple (I am a registered developer.), installing with USB or from my 10.12.6 installation, nada, nothing changes anything below. No Crashes, no error messages, nothing bad - it all appears to work, except it doesn't.

The exception is if I clone my current 10.12.6 install to a new drive using Disk Util and then install 10.13 on top of that clone, it shows up in Clover's boot screen - but, it won't run, it boots, loads, I log in and then I am swamped with error messages/debug windows of everything from Siri to Spotlight to Finder not working right or failing.

My signature has my system, in addition I am running Clover 4084, I have a week or two new FakeSmc from RehabMan, I have updated the firmware numbers/dates in my Config per instructions here, My Sierra install uses only FakeSMC and a kext for ethernet. Everything else pretty much works.

I am completely stumped on the installed drive not showing up in Clover. In Diskutil it says it is bootable, the EFI is setup correctly (same as in 10.12.6) - everything I can think of is the same.

The simplest method I use is:

1. Erase/partition the target drive in Diskiutil as Mac OS Extended (Journaled)

2. Launch the 10.13 install App in my 10.12.6 system and point it at the target drive.

3. It installs the Helper folder on the target successfully.

4. Then open the InstallESD.dmg on the target drive in the "macOS Install Data" folder. (I then either go to next step or reboot 10.12.6 and go to next step.

5. Then open Packages folder (in the InstallESD.dmg) and install using either OSInstall.mpkg or Core.pkg (both do basically the same thing on my system).

6. When it finishes, it announces it has finished successfully and I close it. 

At this point I am stuck, because I assume I am supposed to reboot and let it finish the install, but when I reboot the target drive is not in the Clover boot list screen. So, I then boot 10.12.6 and look around and everything appears to be waiting patiently for me on the 10.13 target disk. But, I have no way to run the OS that is on it.

If I install Clover on that drive, it doesn't help, the 10.13 drive does not show up in the clover boot screen as an option. 

Any ideas? Suggestions? Sympathy?

TIA,

Frank

PS. Oh, and my current 10.12.6 is a fusion drive, and I have tried both fusion targets and HD's and/or SSD's targets - all do the same as above.

You should do as here: http://www.osx86.net/forums/topic/24540-guide-macos-high-sierra-1013-beta/

• Like 1

Not working on my end... I'm getting a kernel panic on boot.

Current setup is dual Xeon Sandy Bridge 2650, Supermicro X9DAi. Sierra is running fine with this setup. I installed clover 4084, inserted apfs.efi in the drivers folder, Kexts in others folder, etc. I'm using last FakeSMC release.

But no dice, still getting kernel panic, tried booting with NullCPU, different flags, etc. Boot screen goes so fast that it is really hard to take a pic.

Not working on my end... I'm getting a kernel panic on boot.

Current setup is dual Xeon Sandy Bridge 2650, Supermicro X9DAi. Sierra is running fine with this setup. I installed clover 4084, inserted apfs.efi in the drivers folder, Kexts in others folder, etc. I'm using last FakeSMC release.

But no dice, still getting kernel panic, tried booting with NullCPU, different flags, etc. Boot screen goes so fast that it is really hard to take a pic.

I think I am in the same boat. It might be CPU recognition problem. I am using dual Xeon E5 2670 and Tyan S7050 board like yours. Same kernel panic happens no matter what I tried all the time. Panic says that  Panic (CPU0 caller 0xffffff1a9b3541 .... )

Here is the pic.

e5bd854400a47af5e6fab8f0cb97f58c.png

and if you need to use apple alc just remember to use the boot arg -alcbeta 

Just a quick update: using the new clover it worked just fine I have successfully installed the new version of Mac OS and everything seems to work, I need only the Nvidia web drivers for my gtx 960

here is my new installed system

the modded version of the kx audio driver I am working on works fine too, so I have also my sound blaster audigy rx working in the new Mac OS version

gtx 960 may be enabled without webdriver

I am now trilling on my i7 4770 because the x99 was to difficult because on this motherboard it is already a hell to get my boot right... one out of 4 attempts are only booting.

Problem with my motherboard the OsxAptio free 2000 efi and GTX970....

But it is now installing on my i7 so hope that this works, also trying rx580 native... (I switched the ipgu off)

EDIT: After reboots it keeps on hanging on 11 minutes to go 

It looks like the machine is frozen nothing happens.

I think I am in the same boat. It might be CPU recognition problem. I am using dual Xeon E5 2670 and Tyan S7050 board like yours. Same kernel panic happens no matter what I tried all the time. Panic says that  Panic (CPU0 caller 0xffffff1a9b3541 .... )

Here is the pic.

I'm thinking we might give fakecpuid a try ? trying to fake it to Ivy Bridge... don't have time to test this now but will give it a try tonight and report back. (I don't have high hopes but...).

gtx 960 may be enabled without webdriver

i have tried many time, but it is not enabled without web driver and there are not the kexts for the maxwell of pascal series in the new system, so the only way are web drivers

i have tried many time, but it is not enabled without web driver and there are not the kexts for the maxwell of pascal series in the new system, so the only way are web drivers

i was hoping, really, it would work without webdriver, now that you have confirmed. my hope is gone. :(

I see this video and make USB Clover r4084 + MacOS High Sierra 10.13 

I boot to Clover r4084 with flag :

- v ( Verbose Mode)

nv_disable=1

USB boot to setup screnn verry fast and setup just click and click verry fast no wait time

Setup  OK this video Mark With Tech verry good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6XPUq6jEO0

My PC : main Gigabyte Skylake H110M-S2PV + CPU Skylake Core i3 6100 3.7Ghz + DDRAM 4 Kington 8Gb bus 2133 + VGA ASUS Geforce 210 1Gb + Sound onboard Realtek AL887 + LAN Realtek RTL8111

what to do next I tired with USB drive, not working hangs at 11 minutes remaining

When I do the direct install (open it and start core.pkg) I can not boot the disk.... Clover does not see it

you can do this video verry good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6XPUq6jEO0

Edited by ccphuc2016

Here is the pic.

Hello insert into your plist file that will resouver.

post-105382-0-35229600-1497101427_thumb.png

Here is the pic.

Hello insert into your plist file that will resouver.

I have the same problem, I test this, but not work for me.

Any other idea?
I use Clover r4084, apfs.efi...
post-748259-0-79190300-1497103555_thumb.jpg
  • Like 1

Just in case it helps someone, (X99 with 5960x, R9 Nano and Quadro K2000 helper)

I'm booting to 10.12 on the 960 evo and 10.13 on the 850 evo with the same EFI.

No graphics acceleration in 10.13.

I used the latest clover 4084.

Removed VoodooTSCSync.kext and NullCPUPowerManagement.kext to make it boot.

The nvme hacked kext is in s/l/e on the 10.12 so not used in 10.13, although I can see the 960 evo in 10.13.

I have 2 kext folders in clover - 10.12 and 10.13 which are identical except for the 2 above kexts.

I'm no programming geek, but it sort of looks like AMDRadeonX4500HWServices.kext which is the accelerator for the Nano, is not functional. They might not have tested it yet.

The purpose of this for me was really to get an EFI that works for 10.12 and 10.13 anyway, so that I can install high sierra later, when it's finished.

It was a completely vanilla install with no new kexts in 10.13 s/l/e, install over 10.12.3 from the desktop with a double click. Little Snitch is the only software that won't work.