[pre-release] macOS Big Sur

3,698 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, Gigamaxx said:

Mine is at GFX9?   I'm also getting Blackscreen after sleep (RX 5700XT, GT710).   You got sleep working?

Yeah sleep is working with Big Sur. It doesn't work on Catalina with the same EFI though. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 7/26/2020 at 1:03 AM, eSaF said:

Ok here is my config.plist minus my personal data for you to compare, if needed I will upload my EFI Folder if you desire that as well,

config.plist

thank you!. It's so kind of you. I noticed slightly different on some quirks. But nothing change. Freq seems still a bit high. For the temperature, nothing change.

Can you please share your efi folder to see if I miss something? Maybe some drivers, or a table ACPI. I don't know.  

Here a screen from intel power gadget with the last changes made from your config.plist

1649943285_Schermata2020-07-27alle18_12_40.thumb.png.dc23c425c3c524fd48b4bdc46ab76ce6.png

Edited by Sbrillo

@markl18

well maybe you can boot if safe mode and read the log and see what's causing the crash, it might be related to number of things you can also try resetting the NVRAM and see if that helps.

In worst case scenario you can do a clean install if none of the solutions work.

1 minute ago, Cyberdevs said:

@markl18

well maybe you can boot if safe mode and read the log and see what's causing the crash, it might be related to number of things you can also try resetting the NVRAM and see if that helps.

In worst case scenario you can do a clean install if none of the solutions work.

it is much simpler you use boot stick boot up and see the log what exactly you want me to look at I can show the whole log if you like

3 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

You need to see the crash report in macOS's console to see what's causing the UI to crash (if that's the cause for you getting logged out) 

how do I do that put -x in but will graphics come a long

1 minute ago, dzontra said:

Does anyone know what the heck is going on here??!!??

@dzontra, I had the same issue connecting the external SSD where Big Sur was installled to an USB3 front  port which is an internal usb3 header. I connected the drive to an usb3 back port and the problem disappeared.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, jlrycm said:

@dzontra, I had the same issue connecting the external SSD where Big Sur was installled to an USB3 front  port which is an internal usb3 header. I connected the drive to an usb3 back port and the problem disappeared.

Tnx, but it happens even with no external drives connected. It happens if I click on Startup Disk option only. 

2 hours ago, Sherlocks said:

hi
i'm using vsmcgen=1 both normal and recovery in beta3.
is it resolve in latest lilu?

I think with the latest Lilu build it was resolved I was able too boot into the installer and the installed version of Big Sur Beta 3 without the vsmcgen=1. Haven't tested the recovery though.

Spoiler

Screen Shot 2020-07-27 at 9.21.58 PM.png

• Like 4

19 hours ago, BALDY_MAN said:

Im over the moon just this minute. got. Big Sur (20A53231) on my Z490 gigabyte master

thank you all for your help. I have enclosed my EFI I made that worked for me. you will need to sort your sound out and Ethernet. Enjoy:). A Special Thanks to MaLd0n.whos work I used as a bit of a temprate

2122514319_Screenshot2020-07-27at02_25_55.png.3b19cf675ee4f9ea285844f92106715d.png

GigabyteMaster.Z490 Big Sur Beta3EFI.zip

Success with your EFI and Asus Prime Z490-A  and Core i7 10700k. Thanks so much to everyone involved in the project.

Edited by Joshua60
  • Like 3

@dzontra - Are you asking about Catalina desktop pic showing instead of one for Big Sur and the lack of Big Sur disk not showing in Startup Disk? The Desktop Pic is a Bug on some machines including some genuine Macs and the lack of a BS startup disk is a bug on hackintosh machines. If you look in the 'Feedback Assistant' you will see all the bugs that has been fixed with this latest Beta and the ones that hasn't but with provided work arounds.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

I think with the latest Lilu build it was resolved I was able too boot into the installer and the installed version of Big Sur without the vsmcgen=1. Haven't tested the recovery though.

Reveal hidden contents

Screen Shot 2020-07-27 at 9.21.58 PM.png

I confirm. Boot and recovery without vsmcgen=1 on 2 hacks.

• Like 3