Zune isn't compatible with...Vista?

REVENGE

81 posts in this topic

You were definitely NOT expecting this...well then again, you probably were.

In a rather embarassing turn of events, it has now been confirmed that Microsoft's new "Cutting Edge" MP3 player, Zune, is not compatible with their new "Cutting Edge" operating system, Windows Vista. Users who attempt to install the Zune software suite will receive a nice "This operating system is currently not supported by Zune" message. An official Microsoft support document confirms that Vista "is not supported at this time." What utterly perfect timing considering that Microsoft will be shipping the extra-costly Business edition of Vista in 2 weeks. Looks like the cutting edge just doesn't cut it when it comes to compatability, eh?

On another note, journalists over at the Sydney Morning Herald point out how Zune has quite an "intense" error screen, featuring the picture of a man and two women, one of whom they've described as: "well she's either in hysterics or having an orgasm."

Hey, even their BSODs are becoming more sexy. Now what do you say to THAT Apple?!

UPDATE: Whoa wait a minute, are those two chicks or THREE chicks :huh: ? Tell us what you think!

UPDATE 2: It turns out Microsoft's Zune lab has already churned out an update for Zune for Vista; it just hasn't been released yet as it wouldn't make sense to release it before Vista hits shelves anyways. Expect its release within a few days after Business edition arrives on the market officially.

This whole thing spawned a big debate over at AppleInsider. I find it to be one of the weirdest things they have done. You have to love Microsoft and their products. Its a perfect example of what not to do O_o.

It would be like Apple releasing the iPod and saying it would'nt be compatible with Mac OS X.

Rollcage it does look like that, but maybe it was a secret thing put in by a disgruntled developer :) . I so want to here how Microsoft explains that screen.

soon there will be a warning saying "You must be 18 years or older to install this software".

In a rather embarassing turn of events, it has now been confirmed that Microsoft's new "Cutting Edge" MP3 player, Zune, is not compatible with their new "Cutting Edge" operating system, Windows Vista. Users who attempt to install the Zune software suite will receive a nice "This operating system is currently not supported by Zune" message.

No surprise here, we are talking about Microsoft aren't we?

It's not going to surprise if Vista ships with a host of malware either.

No doubt, that screen is not going to last long.

Where is the "Hot Coffee" mod? I hate being teased like this. :construction:

NEWSFLASH: In direct competition with Apple's new iPod Games, Microsoft has released...

HIDDEN ZUNE SEX GAMES FTW! :compress:

This whole thing spawned a big debate over at AppleInsider. I find it to be one of the weirdest things they have done. You have to love Microsoft and their products. Its a perfect example of what not to do O_o.

It would be like Apple releasing the iPod and saying it would'nt be compatible with Mac OS X.

Rollcage it does look like that, but maybe it was a secret thing put in by a disgruntled developer :dev: . I so want to here how Microsoft explains that screen.

No - I think it would be like Apple releasing the iPod and saying it isn't currently compatible with Leopard.

Now that Vista has RTM'd, I'd expect to see the Zune team release supported client code for Vista fairly quickly.

First off... The reason its not compatable with vista yet is because technically...vista isnt out yet. And for every one who downloads it early is out of luck. Im sure as soon as they release vista... they will have an update for it...or maybe even package the Zune software into vista like apple intergrates itunes into os x.

On the install error note... I think its a chick having an orgasm in some random field...and the other people next to her are having sex cause the other girl looks like she doesnt have pants on. I dont know though if its a girl on top of a girl, or a girl on top of a guy. But either way, thats deffently what it is. I applaud microsoft on such an entertaining error. Infact, its almost rewarding, or makes up for that fact that you had an install error.

Wow, I can't believe you people are actually making fun of, insulting and other things towards Microsoft for this.

Vista isn't out, so, it being supported is how bad news ? Also, a beta will be out by the end of next week (IIRC) and there will be full, proper support before Vista officially launches or when it does.