Zune isn't compatible with...Vista?

REVENGE

81 posts in this topic

Go back and read my previous post. For thousands upon thousands of users, Vista IS out, and not just for businesses. Every beta tester who submitted at least one bug report now has a free copy of it. Many people who participated in the CPP are running RC2 as a primary OS (yes, it is close enough to release quality IMHO to do that). Don't you think that many of those people have bought Zunes? Face facts, your argument that "Vista isn't out, so it doesn't matter" is just a load of BS, because like it or not, VISTA IS OUT, and being used (legally) by thousands of people, many of which possibly own Zunes. For those users, the lack of Vista support IS A PROBLEM.

We won't even get into the fact that thousands of people are also running Vista RTM from pirated versions.

No, not every beta tester, only the technical ones [that submitted >= 1 bug] and that doesn't change that officially Vista is still not out yet for consumers whether there are a few early users who are not in the business/enterprise area.

People in the CPP also do not count. CPP was to test 2 builds (Well, 3, but that last one can be argued). I have no idea how many would have bought Zunes and neither do you.

People who pirate aren't counted and I'm amazed that you would try to do so. Desperate much ?

How about you face the facts ? Vista is not out for consumers, simple as that. Yes, there may be a few consumers who were technical testers (Not in CPP and those in CPP should legally, and logically, expect nothing from MS as they were given the chance to test the product for free, and to be of service).

So, a few thousand people who may be 'consumers' will be using Vista, legally, and I'm sure there are a few who will have bought a Zune but that doesn't change the 'fact' that Vista is not officially released for consumers (Jan next year), hell, it's not even officially released for business/enterprise/corporation users yet (30th this month).

Unless somehow you can debate that Vista not being out is not a valid reason, you're still wrong though I'm sure the couple of hundred people who have bought a Zune and have access to MSDN will be screaming and boycotting Microsoft for this horrible and disgusting thing they've done. Absolutely disgusting and on level with Windows ME, right ? Because somehow a bad OS is equal to the support of a device on an OS that is not even officially released to the public or even business users.

So, yup, while it is unfortunate that there may be a few people who will receive a free copy and may have purchased a Zune Microsoft is still in the clear, officially/technically/legally/whatever. Please, try and argue this single point, somehow show that this statement is wrong, it will be quite amusing as you've failed to do so the whole thread(s).

sandy, don't you dare speak of people not caring to listen/read, I said the same thing ~5+ times and you didn't once address what I said, instead you repeated yourself and waited for another person to attempt to put forward a valid argument which I'm assuming is because you lacked the ability to do so, like others.

The irony and hypocrisy is killing me.

This is a bit off topic, but it's still MS related. You know how Microsoft is currently the "ruler" of the business world? Well think about this..

Say in about 50 or so years from now, you're flying on an airplane. Let's say that since this is the future, that the plane is flown by robots and that the robots are running Microsoft Windows Robot Business Edition. Now imagine you're at about 32,000 feet above the ground and the robot pilot gets a BSOD.... Would you still like Microsoft? :(

Again, that was off topic but I just had to say it.

I like Microsoft as much as I like Apple, the people behind OpenBSD, etc. :dev:

Also, I get the joke but the BSOD thing hasn't been funny for a few years. Thankfully it's phased out like the M$ thing, well, at least by most people anyway and those who still do it usually don't have much to say. :(

This is a bit off topic, but it's still MS related. You know how Microsoft is currently the "ruler" of the business world? Well think about this..

Say in about 50 or so years from now, you're flying on an airplane. Let's say that since this is the future, that the plane is flown by robots and that the robots are running Microsoft Windows Robot Business Edition. Now imagine you're at about 32,000 feet above the ground and the robot pilot gets a BSOD.... Would you still like Microsoft? :(

Again, that was off topic but I just had to say it.

You mean like this?

post-3346-1164160259_thumb.jpg

Yes very well illustrated

This is what The Colonels is trying to tell us...So we members here must try to stop it from happening.

I know I am the minority but I will try my very best to make sure these nonsense will never happen again.Not now or the Future..