Zune isn't compatible with...Vista?

REVENGE

81 posts in this topic

Oh. my.. You people just didn't get it!

The error screen praises the Zunes's Wireless (:laser:) connectivity sharing.

Three girls (maybe four, one not pictured down there) served just right for that.

It's a pity they can share it for 3 days.

zunephotoje9.jpg

"Welcome to the social"???

http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/feature.../11-13Zune.mspx

http://arstechnica.com/reviews/hardware/zune.ars

Who gave this fool so much power? Um... wait... Bill Gates. Gee, thanks again Bill.

You go, fat boy! Make Harvard proud!

ballmer_wideweb__470x331,0.jpg

Those are some awesome pics bofors, really shows more in depth detail of Microsofts logic :/. I dont know, but after looking at that ridiculous picture of Ballmer sticking his tongue out, it makes me wonder if he personally requested to put that one in. If I was a Microsoft shareholder, I would demand to have him removed, his antics are nothing but bad for the company, even though I hate Microsoft, it would be nics if they made better products :laser:.

And with all that sharing they want you to do, someone better bring protection O_o.

Way to be serious and quote an edited post. I edited it for a reason as my joke wasn't presented as 'jokingly' as I intended and I knew people would not take it too light-heartedly so I removed it for the good of all.

PCs will not be shipping/sold with Vista loaded to consumers until the end of January (The 30th is the release date I believe) though licenses can be bought for businesses at the end of this month. So, no support for the Zune (Though it works in XP compatibility) is not a problem unless it's not ready for the consumer launch.

So, Vista support is not needed [yet], 'slick.' Also, even if it was there will is suppose to be a beta out before the end of next week which will support the Zune though you would've known if this if my post had been read in it's entirety.

Zune to me is ok, but like I said before, the similarities with the iPod don't set with me. Plus this no Vista compatibility is rediculous. I can see Dell systms and other systems SHIPPING with Vista preloaded NEXT MONTH for Christmas with the RTM shipped to the OEMs, and the Zune doesn't work with it? Stupid. SABR said it the best, good job Microsoft. heh

From your post I assume you're trying to say that the Zune software working is dependent upon an update to Vista which is false, or the software ships with the RTM version of Vista which is also false. Well, if either case was true an update from a physical media or through the internet could remedy any problem.

Please, read my posts. No one, not even almighty and glorious Dell, will be shipping PCs with Vista in time for Christmas because Vista won't be released for consumers until January next year. I think I've said this three (3) times now. :s Or, maybe when you say "I can see" you're referring to some ability that only you have which rivals the powers of Superman and Spiderman.. been bitten by any radioactive spiders lately ? :angel:

Vista being RTM doesn't have anything to do with the Zune software working and it does not invalidate my post saying how this is a non-issue. Oh, and I don't think too many corporations and businesses will be complaining for lack of Zune support unless someone has created some zany business model which is wholly dependent upon Zunes.

So, once again, it isn't stupid though if the Zune software isn't working correctly on Vista by the time Vista launches for consumers than you have a problem though the chance of that happening is incredibly slim.

The RTM release is for the manufacturers to put on machines. The January release is for the buyable DVD/CD versions on shelves. SO it is possible that by next month, you can get a system with Vista, cause Dell, HP, Gateway etc. has the full version NOW and can put them on the systems.

No, the mods asked people to stop, but that was on a different topic. Right now we're debating whether Vista compatibility is a problem or not, there is a notable difference and the only real similarity was when you dragged over insults but I asked you to stop and it seems you have. I currently don't see an issue as long as we don't deviate from the topic.

I also would not like to be 'deleted' so I'm not going to present any childish behaviour or mindlessly bicker, as Metrogirl asked, rather I'm going to present my reasons for as to why this is a non-issue based on facts and logic. Let's hope this is not perceived as either of those and I believe I have been very reasonable in reply to your personal attacks (Which Metrogirl asked to be discontinued though I forgive you and won't seek you out to be banned :stretcher:) as all I said was a nice, 'can you please stop.'

You don't understand, RTM doesn't mean it's ready to be released, it mean it's released to manufacturing so it can be produced, companies like Dell have time to modify the install, create recovery disks and other tasks, etc. I'm not surprised though, the meaning for RTM, gold, beta and other terms have been butchered. :angel:

So, RTM doesn't mean it will suddenly be available to home users, they will still have to wait till Vista is launched and this means by next month, you can't get a system with Vista.

Reading this page may help you understand what RTM means though it's not completely accurate for how MS uses the RTM term and the only hint of this is a short sentence.

Microsoft and others use the term "release to manufacturing" (RTM) to refer to this version (for commercial products, like Windows XP, as in, "Build 2600 is the Windows XP RTM release"), and "release to Web" (RTW) for freely downloadable products.
What this is saying is that a build has been finalised and no more work will be done, but it's not saying it's commercially available.

I hope this will help you understand what RTM means [in relation to MS, anyway :borg:]. :blink:

joe75, talking to brick walls gets you just bricks and mortar staring back at ya. For the heck of it:

http://review.zdnet.com/Windows_Vista_RTM/...6-32137426.html

In that report, this is what I point out: On November 30, 2006, Microsoft will make business editions of Windows Vista available to enterprise environments. What that says is, enterprise/businesses WILL BE RUNNING VISTA THIS MONTH. Thus for those business people, that get a Zune they are screwed. We MAY see some Vista preinstalled in December, MAYBE NOT, but this no Vista Zune software affects users THIS MONTH. But I doubt brick walls understand this (not meant as a personal attack).

It's not going to surprise if Vista ships with a host of malware either.

i don't know if much can be said about that after the ipod virus incident...(but UAC is actually very good at keeping malware off your system, even better with a standard account)

i'm really not too worried about the software not working with Vista yet, it should be fixed fairly quickly and unti then it shouldn't affect anyone anyway. I don't think that anyone in an enterprise environment will be worried about Zune compatability, that's big business in corporate environment (should not be playing with the zune). really that have until jan 30 2007 to get it all working, so no foul yet. if it takes them past that date, then we can talk...

after seeing that error screen, do you think the zune will come preloaded with videos? :D

i don't know if much can be said about that after the ipod virus incident...

Wasn't that a Windows machine at a plant in China infecting iPods with, you know, Windows malware?

I not working with Vista yet, it should be fixed fairly quickly and unti then it shouldn't affect anyone anyway. I don't think that anyone in an enterprise environment will be worried about Zune compatability, that's big business in corporate environment (should not be playing with the zune).

I don't think anyone in a corportate / enterprise environment will even be touching Vista for a least a year (because they know how bad Microsoft sucks). I mean, some of these folks are still holding off on XP Service Pack 2 because they are afraid it will break their frail little systems.

Except for the error screen, the zune software screens and marketing slogans are pathetic. Fortunately, I was able to remedy this. I added pics and quotes from yours truly and I must say it looks MUCH better. I've attached one example, there's more on my site. Warning, In one of the pictures I'm not wearing a shirt, and I may be as sexy if not sexier than the zune itself.

http://web.mac.com/dorseycoe

post-64802-1163728269_thumb.jpg

http://review.zdnet.com/Windows_Vista_RTM/...6-32137426.html

In that report, this is what I point out: On November 30, 2006, Microsoft will make business editions of Windows Vista available to enterprise environments. What that says is, enterprise/businesses WILL BE RUNNING VISTA THIS MONTH. Thus for those business people, that get a Zune they are screwed. We MAY see some Vista preinstalled in December, MAYBE NOT, but this no Vista Zune software affects users THIS MONTH. But I doubt brick walls understand this (not meant as a personal attack).

I said several times that it will be available to businesses, etc on the 30th of November and I have said how it won't matter.

Why does it matter if businesses have support for the Zune or not ? A business is there for the purpose of making a profit, not catering to the music taste of it's employees. So, unless you provide a reason as to why a business would desperately need Zune support on Vista [other than one of their employees may have bought one to play music and in this case I will once again point out this is a business, not leisure], please stop.

Also, said business people are not 'screwed' as they will be able to use their Zune on their home computers (Where they should be using it) which run XP. I don't think you could present valid reasons for as to why an employee would buy a Zune for the soul purpose of using it on a PC at work which would be running Vista, but do try, it shall be amusing.

It's not 'may be' - you just plain won't see Vista released to consumers till January next year unless you have some insider source who is telling you there will be an early release.

Also, you throw around the 'brick wall' comment several times, which you claim isn't a personal attack, yet I'm the one who has had to repeat myself several times and I have had others completely ignore what I've said. Logically, who would this 'brick wall' be ?

I don't think anyone in a corportate / enterprise environment will even be touching Vista for a least a year (because they know how bad Microsoft sucks). I mean, some of these folks are still holding off on XP Service Pack 2 because they are afraid it will break their frail little systems.
There are already businesses running Vista in the Early Adopter program and despite what you might think, people don't think Microsoft 'sucks' otherwise said businesses would've stopped using MS products ~30 years ago.

Do you have a link to any sources about people holding off on SP2 or any problems SP2 has or may cause ?

Also, people in the corporate / enterprise environments have 'schedules' of sorts. So, a reason why they won't upgrade straight away has nothing to do whether you think Microsoft 'sucks' (How eloquent) but rather for other reasons.

do you think the zune will come preloaded with videos? :D
The Zune comes preloaded with both some music and videos. You can find a listing of the included content on some of the popular sites.

It MATTERS cause business users are just as important as home users. If there is NO patch for the software before the 30th, Microsoft will alienate business users from have a Zune and you know what? They will go to the competitor, the iPod. ALL customers matter dude, not just home users.....

Now that Vista has RTM'd, I'd expect to see the Zune team release supported client code for Vista fairly quickly.

But the funny thing is that the Zune was released AFTER Vista RTM'd! That's what makes this whole thing stupid on Microsoft's part. Think of all the loyal Microsoft users who have been testing the betas and RC's of Vista, only to find out that the nice new Zune they bought (to support their favorite company) won't work with the OS they are testing for the same company! To add insult to injury, Microsoft has just given away copies of Vista to any of the official beta testers who submitted at least one bug report!

Ha. I knew that they [Microsoft] aren't THAT stupid. Microsoft is actually sitting on a Zune Vista compatibility patch right now. I expect its release soon after Business edition hits shops so officially there is "no biggy" since Vista has not been released yet.