TINU: The bootable macOS installer creation tool - Mac app

ITzTravelInTime
390 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, onemanOSX said:

Here you go! Looking forward to assist further.

TinuLOG2.0.2 PUBLIC(52) - Mojave.txt

In the log i read that there is an error while trying to mount the efi partition, so i suggest you to just not use the efi partition feature and install the efi folder manually or if you want to have this feature working you can try the force to format option in the general advanced options

2 hours ago, beasty uk said:

I made my first video for new users and will make many more coming soon

For the EFI  folder issue i am working on it for the next release of TINU which is coming, but that's an experimental feature, that's why i throw it into the advanced options

Anyone here interested to be a beta tester of the new release? I am about to finishing the new relese which brings a lot of under the hood reworking, improvements and bugfixes and also some new features like the EFI partition mounter, in the problems solved we have also stuff like the EFI installer inssues of the 2.0.2 relese.

This release is the announced 2.1 release.

For anyone who is interested to be a beta tester reply here and let me know, i will also upload the updated source code on github on the development branch when i will send it to the testers.

• Like 1

For people intrerested in beta testing: do you have telegram? i'd like to create private a telegram group to distribute the beta versions to you, so if you have a telegram account send me your nicknames privately please.

With a chat group for me it's easyer to setup the beta testing and keep track of what is happening

• Like 1

I have another announcement, the source code of the new beta is also available in the development branch of the TINU's github repo, with a summary of the changements, a major changement is that now it requires xcode 10.

https://github.com/ITzTravelInTime/TINU/tree/development

Edited by ITzTravelInTime
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am close to finish TINU 2.1 finally, i have spend the last month correcting the ui problem with the huge help of Thomas Tempelmann and collecting all the problems people where having with version 2.0.2 and fixing them for the new release, if you want to join the beta testing, send me a private message with your telegram nickname to join the closed beta testing group on telegram.

• Like 1

On 9/8/2017 at 8:59 PM, ITzTravelInTime said:

Hi guys, this thread is to show you a new and open source app, created by me, that I called TINU:

The name means: TINU Is Not #####, the U refers to a popular software that is used to create macOS hackintosh installers (that for good reasons is banned on this forum), but the aim of the name is to explain that this app is a totally different thing from that software and works in a totally different way.

This app basically is a graphical interface for the createinstallmedia executable that is inside the macOS and Mac OS X installer apps, it is capable to create a bootable installer completely vanilla like what you do using the command line method, and also this method is recommended by apple itself. In addition to this, this app provvides to you simplicity and flexybility, and lets you to avoid most of the steps needed with every other app.

TINU allows you to create easily a bootable macOS installer without messing around with command line stuff and without using disk utility, all you need to do is use the app and then install clover on the usb drive once TINU has finished or leave it as is if you want to use it on a real Mac. ShowBox Mobdro TutuApp

Features:
  - Simple to use UI that allows you to easily start the bootable macOS installer creation process
  - It can work with every macOS installer app that has the createinstallmedia executable inside of its resources folder (including also beta and newly released installers)
  - You can use any volume you want that can be erased and is at least 7 GB of size (if the volume's drive is not in GUID format, TINU will format it to make it GUID!)
  - Works on Mac OS recovery, so you can create a bootable macOS installer from the macOS installer itself or from the macOS recovery, and you can use TINU to install macOS too.
  - All vanilla, the bootable macOS installers created with this tool are 100% vanilla, just like you created them using the command line "createinstallmedia" method in the terminal
  - Open source, you will know what this program does on your computer and also you can create your own version by downloading and playing with the source code
  - Does not require to do anything of special first, just open the program, and make sure you have a USB drive pulugged in and that you have a macOS installer app in the system.
  - No need to go in disk utility first, TINU can format your drive/partition for you
  - Uses recent and more modern APIs and SDKs and Swift 3 language
  - Transparent graphics style available (use alt + s on the keyboard or View->Use transparent style)
  - Works using the latest versions of macOS and will also support newer Mac installers out of the box without needing for an update
  - Advanced section, to customize your bootable macOS installer

Features that are planned for some future versions:
  - Integrated EFI partition mounter tool (TINU can already mount EFI partitions from version 2.0, but a dedicated section which allows to mount every EFI partition in the system will be added)
  - Install clover and configure clover
  - Install kexts inside the kexts folder of clover
  - Clover drivers customization
  - Use custom dsdt in clover
  - integrated pre-made clover config templates database from a remote and open repository
  - Support for other languages, at least Italian

Rquirements:
 - A computer that runs Mac OS X Yosemite or a more recent version (Mac OS X El Capitan is required to use TINU in a macOS recovery or installer)
 - A drive or a free partition (on a drive which already supports GUID) of at least 7 GB that you want to turn into a macOS/Mac OS X installer
 - A copy of a macOS/Mac OS X installer app (Maveriks or newer versions are supported) in the /Applications folder or in the root of any storage drive in your machine (excepted the drive or volume you want to turn into your macOS install media)

Download:
  - You can download the pre-made and code signed binary from the releases section of the github repo: https://github.com/ITzTravelInTime/TINU/releases
  - Or you can just build your own copy by just downloading the source code and then using Xcode (requires Xcode 8):  https://github.com/ITzTravelInTime/TINU

Frequently asked questions:

https://github.com/ITzTravelInTime/TINU/wiki/FAQs

Useful links:

Thread (english) on insanelymac.com:
  - http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/326959-tinu-the-macos-installer-creator-app-mac-app/

Thread (italian) on insanelymac.com:
  - https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/333261-tinu-app-per-creare-chiavette-di-installazione-di-macos-thread-in-italiano/

Thread (english-german) on hackintosh-forum.de:
  - https://www.hackintosh-forum.de/index.php/Thread/33630-TINU/

Facebook hackintosh help and beta testing (Italian only):
  - https://www.facebook.com/groups/Italia.hackintosh/?fref=ts

Contact me (project creator):
  - Insanelymac.com profile: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/user/1390153-itztravelintime/
  - email: piecaruso97@gmail.com

Note that:
 - This software is under GNU GPL v3 license so any new branch/mod/third party release must be open source and under the same license
 - I (project creator) assume no responsibility for any use of this app and this source code, and also for any kind of hardware and software damage to any computer and any device or peripheral that may come from this app or source code during it's use and outside it's usage
 - I (project creator) do not guarantee support to you, this is only an open source project, not a product released by a company!
 - This project is born only for educational and demonstrative purposes, it's not intended to be used for commercial purposes and it will never be, don't use source code from this project to create apps or software for that aim.
 - This is a no-profit project, born only to let people to create macOS install medias in a more simple way and also to learn how to create this kind of apps.

Credits:
  - Apple for macos and installer apps and scripts
  - People that helped me a lot:
   Francesco Perchiazzi, Nicola Tomarelli, Roberto Sciortino, Raffaele Sonnessa, Ermanno Nicoletti, Tommaso Dimatore, Michele Vitiello Bonaventura, Massimiliano Faralli, Davide Dessì, Giorgio Dall'Aglio, Thomas Tempelmann, Peter Paul Chato.   
  - Special thanks to Italian Hackintosh group!! for help (https://www.facebook.com/groups/Italia.hackintosh/?fref=ts)
  - Pietro Caruso (ITzTravelInTime) for creating, maintaing and developing this project

1665489968_Schermata2018-06-04alle03_01_25.thumb.png.59ea9affe0a72ec19d89b7c878d586fa.png198102208_Schermata2018-06-04alle03_02_31.thumb.png.23ec0aa7a52b30a09ba092be0fdb7dfe.png365099020_Schermata2018-06-04alle03_03_01.thumb.png.a8a8c7681af398a896159e7ff530417b.png672666679_Schermata2018-06-04alle03_03_58.thumb.png.9e8a637bdecb671ee49dcf139ba34126.png890928075_Schermata2018-06-04alle03_04_25.thumb.png.84f137282ca431a4e2b13e9c65a96b02.png1591118600_Schermata2018-06-04alle03_04_40.thumb.png.eedf589861a9700079e4b41a5bdd0706.png753926953_Schermata2018-06-04alle03_15_53.thumb.png.c6f2a4bdfd917e71374c41c744ac435c.png

I leave also some screenshots as well

Schermata 2018-06-04 alle 03.03.52.png

I speak only English and Italian, so that is what I can do by my own, but when I implement support to other languages I can add more easily different languages

Edited by surdelmavo
  • Confused 1

I have some terrible news for you: i got my shoulder broken in a motorbyke accident, so that's the reason behind my inactivity. Don't worry, i am fine, i hust have a couple of scratches on the left arm (nothing serious, in a couple of week i will be recovered from those) and a small fracture in the shoulder, so i am not able to use my left arm now and i will have to wait January to recover from the fracture, but coding isn't something that requires both arms and also i am taking this as a challege to be able to do everything with one arm, just to demostrate that the fracture isn't able to stop me.

I have promised i will publish TINU 2.1 this week and i will try to pubblish it in the week end, luckly most of the job is already done, i have just to check everything and to put the finishing touches, and also response from beta testers seems to be quite good, so i think i will be able to deliver it soon.

• Sad 3

Hi, I have published a new version of TINU, with a lot of improovements based on all the user's complains in the last months. This is a short changelog:
  • Huge changes and reworking under the hood

• Moved to xCode 10

• Mojave dark mode support

• New EFI Partition Mounter utility

• New redesigned log window

• improved grammar, text and understandability

• improved layouts and UI

• New login and password prompt system, more secure and reliable

• Huge bug fix (thanks to the users and beta testers)

• More optimization

• Reorganization of the source code

• Added new people to the credits (Peter Paul Chato, Thomas Tempelmann)

You can find it here:
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Will be starting a build soon, really excited to try it out! :star_smile:

Heard about you through Chato's channel.  Just a phenomenal amount of work you've put into this, all for the benefit of the hackintoshers everywhere.  Thank you.

Sorry to hear about the shoulder, best wishes on a speedy recovery.

Maybe next time "its travelling time" take the car. lol :hysterical:

But hey, really, thanks. :thumbsup_anim:

• Like 2