TINU: The bootable macOS installer creation tool - Mac app

ITzTravelInTime
390 posts in this topic

I have released that if i called this app BINU, and it would mean BINU is not Un*****, and this name would be maybe a better joke because spelled backwards it spells like the beginning of the u software i don't particularly like, but i like more how TINU pronunciates so i whould continue to use it and i whould not change the name of the app.

Edited by ITzTravelInTime

Some news for you, i am working on a bugfix release of TINU 2.1  which will be released as soon as i can because it solves a couple of serius UI bugs and i am also working on a surprise for you, so stay tuned.

• Like 2

Hi guys, first of all happy new year, i have some announcements:

I finally recovered from the broken shoulder, but i have to make some exercises in the next weeks to have the fully functionality of arm back, so i am almost fine with the arm, i need just to trtain it.

i have to annunce a delay for the release of the new bugfix version of tinu 2.1 because of some bugs with the new log window on yosemite.

As a new year objective i want to have finally clover support in TINU this year because i have a basic system that allows it and that works, so i have to design and integrate the code i have made in a prototype program.

So happy new year to everyone and let's hope for the best for all the commiunity and thank you for supporting TINU.

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Well done with the installer app. I will look at playing with it shortly after I upgrade an older MBP with new SSD drive

While you may have already included it, is there support for MBP's suffering from the dGPU issue.. where the GeForce drivers need to be removed to enable the MBP to work with just the integrated GPU (and give life to a DEAD MBP)

I have been trying to install MacOS on a MBP suffering from a dGPU but as the installer uses the dGPU, I cannot install. Even in recovery mode.... (installation starts and stops at about 15%) 

Until I can find a way for this, the MBP can only install Linux or Windows...

There is some great info by DHAVAL DALAL here https://dhavaldalal.wordpress.com/2018/05/29/how-to-disable-failed-discrete-gpu-nvidia-geforce-gt-650m-for-macbook-pro-101-mid-2012-on-high-sierra-10-13-4/comment-page-1/?unapproved=791&moderation-hash=d24b2eab9b185e7bc6ee194dcf412296#comment-791

Another suggestion is having an option to instal Mojave on hardware that is not supported. .what a great feature to offer if you have not done so already. YaY!

Well done again and any suggestions / guidance / additions to app most appreciated :-)

BTW - I love MacOS and once loved Apple Hardware but... they really have lost their way with less than impressive hardware.. but still high prices.

Br M

26 minutes ago, Major410 said:

Well done with the installer app. I will look at playing with it shortly after I upgrade an older MBP with new SSD drive

While you may have already included it, is there support for MBP's suffering from the dGPU issue.. where the GeForce drivers need to be removed to enable the MBP to work with just the integrated GPU (and give life to a DEAD MBP)

I have been trying to install MacOS on a MBP suffering from a dGPU but as the installer uses the dGPU, I cannot install. Even in recovery mode.... (installation starts and stops at about 15%) 

Until I can find a way for this, the MBP can only install Linux or Windows...

There is some great info by DHAVAL DALAL here https://dhavaldalal.wordpress.com/2018/05/29/how-to-disable-failed-discrete-gpu-nvidia-geforce-gt-650m-for-macbook-pro-101-mid-2012-on-high-sierra-10-13-4/comment-page-1/?unapproved=791&moderation-hash=d24b2eab9b185e7bc6ee194dcf412296#comment-791

Another suggestion is having an option to instal Mojave on hardware that is not supported. .what a great feature to offer if you have not done so already. YaY!

Well done again and any suggestions / guidance / additions to app most appreciated :-)

BTW - I love MacOS and once loved Apple Hardware but... they really have lost their way with less than impressive hardware.. but still high prices.

Br M

Nice suggestions, but TINU is really aimed at vanilla hackintoshes and supported macs, since the mods for unsupported machines will breack the vanilla, and that's not a thing i want to do. You can find more usefoul, in your case, the tools mojave patcher or high sierra patcher which are apps aimed for unsupported for macs like yours. A permanent fox for your macbook whould be a mod pcb to bypass the dgpu. To try to boot with a vanilla installer like what is done by tinu, you can try by adding to the nvram the nv_disable=1 boot arg which will not allows the nvidia driver to load in most cases (to do that you need to enetr recovery mode or the mac os installer in some way and edit the nvram using the terminal) .

And i agreee with your opinion about apple's hw, i hope they will make theyr machines servicable and upgradeable again. this is a thing i am really missing from the steve jobs days

36 minutes ago, Major410 said:

grazie molto.

I will take a look at the high Sierra patcher but also modding the PCB... do you have a specific link?

Br M

I don't have a specific link, but look for the facebook group called low end mac because here there is the guy who developed the mod pcb for the motherboard and you can find some god help for original mac there

• 2 months later...

The latest TINU seems to work for macOS 10.15 Catalina beta, but i will also make a new version of TINU later this month.

In September/October i plan to release a new version of TINU made with the new xcode 11 and the swift 5 language.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

So TINU news, i keepth on hold the tinu project for the sumemr because my developer id expired, so starting from the next relese it will be not signed.

i am currently working on a catalina compatibility improovement version, with a lot of bug fixes and samall changes.

then i found TINU is listed here as one of the top 32 open source hackintosh projects: https://awesomeopensource.com/projects/hackintosh

That's all for now

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
15 minutes ago, telepati said:

is TINU dead?

It's not dead, it's just me not having a lot of time to dedicate to it, but a pretty substantial update is in the works, it's not so mutch about visible changes but about changes under the hood and you can continue to use the latest tinu with catalia, it's built in such a way that allows it to work with newer installers out of the box, for catalina it needs some improvements for apfs support, and those have been already applyed to the vrsion i am working on, but i need to finish a pretty big rework before releasing it, and so it will be something i will do in the next weeks.

If you just want to try out some betas i can release them, just don't except something bug free or polished

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ITzTravelInTime said:

It's not dead, it's just me not having a lot of time to dedicate to it, but a pretty substantial update is in the works, it's not so mutch about visible changes but about changes under the hood and you can continue to use the latest tinu with catalia, it's built in such a way that allows it to work with newer installers out of the box, for catalina it needs some improvements for apfs support, and those have been already applyed to the vrsion i am working on, but i need to finish a pretty big rework before releasing it, and so it will be something i will do in the next weeks.

If you just want to try out some betas i can release them, just don't except something bug free or polished

I would love to try out betas if I find a bug I'll let you know 

• Like 1

Working on something i can upload to you (mainly adding a couple of missing features and doing some testing). I was wondering about uploading the beta on github, but that could create some confusion among users, so do you have any suggestions about releasing the beta?

2 hours ago, ITzTravelInTime said:

Working on something i can upload to you (mainly adding a couple of missing features and doing some testing). I was wondering about uploading the beta on github, but that could create some confusion among users, so do you have any suggestions about releasing the beta?

Rapidshare or megaupload possibly anything like that would work.

8 hours ago, killernos said:

Rapidshare or megaupload possibly anything like that would work.

I was thinking about a telegram group or a telegram channel, and also megaupload is no longer a thing, now there is it's successor, mega which is a dropbox-like file sharing solution

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ITzTravelInTime said:

You could have a second branch for betas and let users compile it themselves from the beta branch directly from GitHub. Once everything has been tested working, them merge it into main branch and make a new release.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Bernardo415 said:

I can use TINU from macos yosemite, to create usb from catalina installation. since it is the only current version that I have installed on the pc

Yes, yosemite it's actually the oldest mac os version in which you can use tinu

6 hours ago, Pavo said:

You could have a second branch for betas and let users compile it themselves from the beta branch directly from GitHub. Once everything has been tested working, them merge it into main branch and make a new release.

I have a development branch, but i think that's a lot asking a user to compile, so i think i will just have a different readme.md in the beta branch with a link to the download of the latest pre-compiled build available

• Like 2

here is a little hint at what, the rework job i am doing now, is about, but it's something which requires you to understand swift, and there is a beta coming soon, i have to finish this rework first and test it10770620_Schermata2019-12-07alle04_23_54.thumb.png.98ff7166bd1c6d18e154be4e050f3438.png