TINU: The bootable macOS installer creation tool - Mac app

ITzTravelInTime
390 posts in this topic

49 minutes ago, ITzTravelInTime said:

After a couple of weeks of health problems, i am back, i have uploaded the pre-release branch of tinu, i am doing a final release candidate build of tinu, which you can download here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/nvzss51qcieynve/TINU.zip

The final release candidate is basically the last pre-release of this new version of tinu 2 and it's almost equal to the final release version, the only difference is that the release candidate is made to make sure that everything works and it's fine before releasing it to the pubblic as a release, so giving me the time to listen and fix the issues and missplacements reported by you, so i invite everyone to try it and try to find as many thigs to fix as you can, so i can pubblish the final release with the fixes you requested included.

The source code is available into the development branch of the github repo as usual.

Take care of your health friend, this is the most important part of us!

This version contain Clover?

35 minutes ago, ammoune78 said:

Take care of your health friend, this is the most important part of us!

This version contain Clover?

i am taking care of health, i am following a diet, after exams i did last week.

For the app, no clover support yet, because it will be introduced in tinu 3, this is the final release candidate for tinu 2.0, so not the final 2.0 release, but something really clover just to have some last feedback about stuff to improve. For clover i am still doing paper sketches for the interface, but i have some code ready for that, but first i want to finish implementing priviladged tasks using the official apple's methods so i can have better security and hopefully something that can be approved in the app store

• Like 2

22 hours ago, ammoune78 said:

I'm sure that your app will grant a success in the App Store  :yes: :D :wink_anim:

i just hope, that after conforming to apple standards, they will approve the app.

And thanks to the beta testers and some testing i am doing too, i have spotted a lot of bugs to fix, i am working on that and then upload a fixed beta, and continue testing

On 5/21/2018 at 11:35 AM, ITzTravelInTime said:

After a couple of weeks of health problems, i am back, i have uploaded the pre-release branch of tinu, i am doing a final release candidate build of tinu, which you can download here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/nvzss51qcieynve/TINU.zip

The final release candidate is basically the last pre-release of this new version of tinu 2 and it's almost equal to the final release version, the only difference is that the release candidate is made to make sure that everything works and it's fine before releasing it to the pubblic as a release, so giving me the time to listen and fix the issues and missplacements reported by you, so i invite everyone to try it and try to find as many thigs to fix as you can, so i can pubblish the final release with the fixes you requested included.

The source code is available into the development branch of the github repo as usual.

Take care of your health :)

I have issue here with release candidate: wheel instead of usb pendrive

Capture d’écran 2018-05-23 à 15.44.52.png

28 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Take care of your health :)

I have issue here with release candidate: wheel instead of usb pendrive

Capture d’écran 2018-05-23 à 15.44.52.png

i have already found this issue and fixed it, i have just to pubblish a new release candidate to let you test the rest of the features

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ITzTravelInTime said:

i have already found this issue and fixed it, i have just to pubblish a new release candidate to let you test the rest of the features

• Like 1

ok, after the issues found in thew release cadindate, i took some time to test them and i have also found other bugs, i have fixed, so here is a fixed version of tinu release candidate, so you can test all the rest of the features

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/nvzss51qcieynve/TINU.zip

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, ITzTravelInTime said:

ok, after the issues found in thew release cadindate, i took some time to test them and i have also found other bugs, i have fixed, so here is a fixed version of tinu release candidate, so you can test all the rest of the features

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/nvzss51qcieynve/TINU.zip

Great :thumbsup_anim:     I test this RC, ASAP

• Like 1

Please test it and let me know about everithing you want to be fixed guys, i want to release it tomorrw (24 may 2018), because the next moonday there will be the WWDC so i want the new version of the app to be available, it does also integrate some features for beta versions of mac os.

And also i have put some new compiler conditions to let you to compile the app in different modes, for example i have started to introduce a mac app store friendly mode which will not compile most of the visible hackintosh-only features and references and some uni{censored} references as well, just the stuff you need on a regular mac, so the hackintosh version and the app store versions will be different (only if apple approves this app on the app store, otherwise i will do just a general purpose release), of course this will happen for tinu 3.0, but i have started to introduce some of the code.

I have also introduced, but not fully implemented a feature, which will not be compiled by default (you have to set a compiler setting to compile it) for hackintosh users which will let you to automatically copy in the efi partition of the usb drive, an efi folder containing clover, and all the clover directoryes and stuff (just for uefi capable computers of course)

• Like 1

Hi

Test accomplished with issues.

Trying to restore the other options to the default values
Other options restored to the original values
Asking user for autentication
Trying to do user authentication using security foundation APIs
Authentivcation with security foundation APIs completed with success
Starting the process ...

***Trying to close conflicting processes
Process "createinstallmedia" does not needs to be closed
*** "createinstallmedia" closed with sucess or already closed
Process "InstallAssistant" does not needs to be closed
*** "InstallAssistant" closed with sucess or already closed
Process "InstallAssistant_plain" does not needs to be closed
*** "InstallAssistant_plain" closed with sucess or already closed
Process "InstallAssistant_springboard" does not needs to be closed
*** "InstallAssistant_springboard" closed with sucess or already closed
***No conflicting processes found or confilicting processes closed with sucess

###Trying to unmount "InstallESD"
###"InstallESD" unmounted with success or already unmounted

Starting extra opertaions before launching the executable
Finished extra opertaions before launching the executable

The application that will be used is: /Users/mathieu/Downloads/Outils_Bootloader/MacOS High Sierra/Install macOS High Sierra.app
The target drive is: /Volumes/USB
The script that will be performed is: "/Users/mathieu/Downloads/Outils_Bootloader/MacOS High Sierra/Install macOS High Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia" --volume "/Volumes/USB" --applicationpath "/Users/mathieu/Downloads/Outils_Bootloader/MacOS High Sierra/Install macOS High Sierra.app" --nointeraction;exit;
Asking for password
Password got with success
Process started, waiting for createinstallmedia executable to finish ...
Please wait, the process is still going, minutes since process beginning: 1
Please wait, the process is still going, minutes since process beginning: 2
Please wait, the process is still going, minutes since process beginning: 3
Please wait, the process is still going, minutes since process beginning: 4
Please wait, the process is still going, minutes since process beginning: 5
process took 359 seconds to finish
macOS install media creation finished, createinstallmedia has finished
process exit code produced: 
process output produced: 
      Copying installer files to disk...
process error/s produced: 
      Password:Erasing Disk: 0%... 10%... 20%... 30%...100%...
      The copy of the installer app failed.
macOS install media creation exited with a not normal exit code, see previous lines in the log to get more info about the error
macOS install media creation process ended

Capture d’écran 2018-05-24 à 10.00.27.png

Edited by Matgen84
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi

Test in progress...

if you see any typos or grammar erros in the text of the app, please tell me, because i tend to do a lot of them, also play with the advanced features and all the menus

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi

Test accomplished with issues.

Asking user for autentication
Trying to do user authentication using security foundation APIs
Authentivcation with security foundation APIs completed with success
Starting the process ...

***Trying to close conflicting processes
Process "createinstallmedia" does not needs to be closed
*** "createinstallmedia" closed with sucess or already closed
Process "InstallAssistant" does not needs to be closed
*** "InstallAssistant" closed with sucess or already closed
Process "InstallAssistant_plain" does not needs to be closed
*** "InstallAssistant_plain" closed with sucess or already closed
Process "InstallAssistant_springboard" does not needs to be closed
*** "InstallAssistant_springboard" closed with sucess or already closed
***No conflicting processes found or confilicting processes closed with sucess

###Trying to unmount "InstallESD"
###"InstallESD" unmounted with success or already unmounted

Starting extra opertaions before launching the executable
Finished extra opertaions before launching the executable

The application that will be used is: /Users/mathieu/Downloads/Outils_Bootloader/MacOS High Sierra/Install macOS High Sierra.app
The target drive is: /Volumes/USB
The script that will be performed is: "/Users/mathieu/Downloads/Outils_Bootloader/MacOS High Sierra/Install macOS High Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia" --volume "/Volumes/USB" --applicationpath "/Users/mathieu/Downloads/Outils_Bootloader/MacOS High Sierra/Install macOS High Sierra.app" --nointeraction;exit;
Asking for password
Password got with success
Process started, waiting for createinstallmedia executable to finish ...
Please wait, the process is still going, minutes since process beginning: 1
Please wait, the process is still going, minutes since process beginning: 2
Please wait, the process is still going, minutes since process beginning: 3
Please wait, the process is still going, minutes since process beginning: 4
Please wait, the process is still going, minutes since process beginning: 5
process took 359 seconds to finish
process exit code produced: 
process output produced: 
      Copying installer files to disk...
process error/s produced: 
      Password:Erasing Disk: 0%... 10%... 20%... 30%...100%...
      The copy of the installer app failed.
macOS install media creation exited with a not normal exit code, see previous lines in the log to get more info about the error
macOS install media creation process ended

Capture d’écran 2018-05-24 à 10.00.27.png

Not a tinu issue my friend, it's createinstallmedia's fault this time, but this error is missing from the error recognition system, so i will put it there so it will be autodetected and you will have a more specific error message

and you can see also what's the output of the createinstallmedia process reading the text after the line

Edited by ITzTravelInTime
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, ITzTravelInTime said:

Not a tinu issue my friend, it's createinstallmedia's fault this time, but this error is missing from the error recognition system, so i will put it there so it will be autodetected and you will have a more specific error message

and you can see also what's the output of the createinstallmedia process reading the text after the line

No Install macOS.... on desktop. Since this issue, I can mount USB pen drive  at all. How to make pendrive writable again..

Thanks

2 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

No Install macOS.... on desktop. Since this issue, I can mount USB pen drive  at all. How to make pendrive writable again..

Thanks

use disk utility to format it, but the problem in this case come from the usb thumb drive probably, because it has been formatted by createinstall media an then createinstallmedia has problems mounting it again

2 hours ago, ITzTravelInTime said:

use disk utility to format it, but the problem in this case come from the usb thumb drive probably, because it has been formatted by createinstall media an then createinstallmedia has problems mounting it again

Thanks, you"re right. USB thumb is locked (read only) issue with primary partition. Anything work to restore, format or delete partition. Maybe,  I still have to put it in the trash.

Based on what you have shown to me i took a look again into the code which detects if createinstallmedia has complited with success the operation, so i thougth that the way i wrote this code is not very efficient, so i will definally change that for tinu 3, with also more detailed and user friendly error screens, i already have some ideas about how to make it a lot better, but for tinu 2, i will just stick with that

• Like 4

Guys as you have seen i have decided to delay the launch of TINU 2.0, but for a good reason, i have almost finished implementing a new feature which will bring to you the ability to copy a clover EFI partition for UEFI 64 bits systems directly into the EFI partition of the bootable usb drive, this is to add some clover support into the 2.0 release.

This is a feture that you will reach trougthout the advanced options, in a new tab and i will also reworke some details in that screen to make you able to better understand what most of the options does means, but i think that for that is better to do a 2.1 release or directly into the 3.0 release, so i will just make something to lauch the stable 2.0 version this week, i have already performed some tests, on hackintosh, macs and vms and all seems to work just fine, so i have just to finish the new tab in the advanced options and then to edit some small things into the code that mounts the efi partitionl to avoid probles in 10.13.6 beta, as always i will keep you updated.

Schermata 2018-05-31 alle 00.20.41.png

Schermata 2018-05-31 alle 00.20.43.png

• Like 2

the small works i had to do for the new features are complete, now i am just tetsing it and then pubblish the new stable release of tinu.

To ble clear thgis feature is made just to let you have a basic clover support while i am working on a proper clover installer and configurator in tinu

Schermata 2018-06-01 alle 17.16.41.png

Schermata 2018-06-01 alle 17.16.32.png

• Like 1

On 6/1/2018 at 6:28 PM, ITzTravelInTime said:

the small works i had to do for the new features are complete, now i am just tetsing it and then pubblish the new stable release of tinu.

To ble clear thgis feature is made just to let you have a basic clover support while i am working on a proper clover installer and configurator in tinu

Schermata 2018-06-01 alle 17.16.41.png

Schermata 2018-06-01 alle 17.16.32.png

hi ... where found to download thios app?... thank you 

4 hours ago, corint1 said:

hi ... where found to download thios app?... thank you 

the app you see in the screenshot is still a work in progress on which i am working rigth now, but there is a release candidate of this version (2.0) which you can download in the 1st post of this thread

I think i have almost finished all the work for the 2.0 release, so in a few huors it will be pubblished as a final release, in the meanwile, i am working on last minute stuff, just to mkake sue everything works, i really want it to be ready for the wwdc, because the new version of tinu does also integrate usefoul stuff for mac os beta installations

I told that the new release of TINU, the finished version 2.0 was almost finished, but now it's finished. I have updated the source code and the releases of the github repo, i am stiil rewriting the readme, and other files, and i am also going to edit the threads here on insanely mac and on hackintosh-forum.de, but here it is:

Download the app: https://github.com/ITzTravelInTime/TINU/releases/tag/2.0_PUBLIC_50

Source code: https://github.com/ITzTravelInTime/TINU

So enjoy it, try it, and let me know, if needed i can also make a bugfix release.

But now i will start to work on TINU 3 and also i will test everything with the new macOS version presented at the WWDC.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I have started testing TINU with the new macOS Mojave beta, the app runs and seems to work, but It needs to be modified in order to create macOS Mojave usb installers, because apple ha decided to edit the createinstallmedia executable, which is basically what tinu uses to create usb installers

• Like 2