ITzTravelInTime

TINU: The bootable macOS installer creation tool - Mac app

287 posts in this topic

Advertisement

-integrated pre-made clover config tamplets database

I think that will be quite hard for the end-user, because of the {censored}load on different system configurations.

Other than that it looks pretty interesting  :yes:

As of the language: I'd be happy to provide you a Dutch translation by time

I think that will be quite hard for the end-user, because of the {censored}load on different system configurations.

for that I can simply get a folders with the config.plist collection into the app resources folder, for langue I speak only English and Italian, so that is what I can do by my own, but when I implement support to other languages I can add more easily different languages

The description makes it look like a clone of Pandora before it was released, thumbs up or this one.

yes, but there are some things i don't like in pandora, mainly i don't think that it's design is good, i learned how to develops apps from a special academy of apple and i learned their design philosophy.

And i came up to create my own app that does the same thing but using a more clear and simple design inspired by what i learned at apple and also i am using some of the latest technologies in the sdk with support to all the latest OSes.

I am creating this app also as a personal coding challenge because i believe that i can make something better than that {censored} of the {censored} Tonymacx86

Edited by ITzTravelInTime
Indeed, we do not support the tonymac's tools, but always remain respectuous, so please do the same for you. Thank you.

First version of pandora was all bash, it was great. I reckon you aim at v2 and up. Was not to fond of it since v1 just worked, no fancy stuff.

Great what you are doing, and the forum has some good coders to fight the beast :D

First version of pandora was all bash, it was great. I reckon you aim at v2 and up. Was not to fond of it since v1 just worked, no ancy stuff.

i am talking abut pandora 2 and 3 and also i think that you can have the best command line tool in the world, but for the general user propose of those tools a well made ui is way better from their point of view, while creating this tool we have to thing abut something that works well and that the noob user can understand easily, because apple is focused to create also products for everyone even the most noob of them, but i agree with you, the command line pandora just works well, but i decided to create my own solution from zero, just because i like to have the full control of it

I am replying just to tell you that maybe you should update the screenshots then  :P

Yes, but when I release to you the finished version, now it's in testing with mine closed group of testers

I am also working with some friends at European ios developer academy here in Naples, Italy to improve the design and the functionality of the app and also I need to change the license I am using to release the app, I will work very hard to get to you a finished build to start using it

Small announcement, TINU will also be able to format for you the drive you selected, so no need to go in disk utility first, and also it's receiving a lot of changes for the Ui thanks to a designer that is giving me some help (just of you are asking UI design is not about make something to look fancy or to look cool, the UI design is to make the interface of a software usable and understandable for the final user, so that's why i am not using special art or graphics or ui, the goal of my app is to work well and be simple and easy to use, without strange and unnecessary things or graphics, just what you need to easily complete the task)

for that I can simply get a folders with the config.plist collection into the app resources folder, for langue I speak only English and Italian, so that is what I can do by my own, but when I implement support to other languages I can add more easily different languages

I can provide the translation for PT-BR.  ^_^

I can provide the translation for PT-BR.  ^_^

ok, cool, probably for the multi language stuff i will do it when i have inserted into the app almost all the features i want to add, so when i have the UI almost finished that will not change too much in other updates

any update on this?

The public version is almost ready, I am waiting for the designer to review it, but in the meanwhile I have updated the screenshots, so you can see how the final version will look like

I have also received some good feedbacks from my testing group, so I am just waiting to receive the ok from the designer, I am also doing some other testing just to see if there is something to be fixed for the public release, after the that release I will start to work on some new features (that I will not introduce in the first public release, because I just want that to run stable)

Just an update, the first public version is almost ready, I have gives it to my group of testers to try to discover some errors and bugs, I also received the ok to procede from my designer, so you will se the public version soon, I am working on optimization and stability, just to let you have a good release to play with

ok, after fighting with some bugs that took a lot of time to figure out how to solve them, I have the final version ready!, but the source code is not so much clear, ordered and also I did not use a lot of comments, but the source code contains a lot of tweaks and features hidden into the public version, like the vibrant design option (I am still working with my designer for that, in the meanwhile the standard design version is ok and it's my way to go).

Because of the structure of the app, if you don't trust the pre-compiled version I will distribute, you can use the source to create your own, but there are some rules and license restrictions to respect, like the fact that any version of the app created by anyone must be open source and under the same license I used and also it have to be free, if you use code from my app in any project, that project must be open source, in the repository I say also to public any new version of the app that you create on a new branch on the repository itself, so I can control the third party versions of the app and remove dangerous and unsafe versions, and also don't touch the main branch, I will release there my source code, that will be your point of reference for third party versions. After that I will say are you ready for the first public version? it will be released in the releases version of the GitHub repository, do you prefer some other places for distribution of pre-build binaries?