TINU: The bootable macOS installer creation tool - Mac app

ITzTravelInTime
390 posts in this topic

Tinu doens't work for me with last HS image from App Store.

>downloaded HS on App Store

>opened tinu

>selected the pendrive

>selected HS install image

>done

>installed clover 4423 on pendrive

>rebooted

>booted on pendrive

>menu appears

>no HS install disk on list

6 hours ago, JuniorGump said:

Tinu doens't work for me with last HS image from App Store.

>downloaded HS on App Store

>opened tinu

>selected the pendrive

>selected HS install image

>done

>installed clover 4423 on pendrive

>rebooted

>booted on pendrive

>menu appears

>no HS install disk on list

common issue with the latest version of mac, it's not tinu's fault because this vould happen also with the command line method, because apple has decided to remove the .IABootFiles folder from the install media created with it's "createinstallmedia" method, which is used by both TINU and the command line method. A simple way to fix this issue is to remove the invisible file called .IAPhysicalMedia in the root of the usb drive. I am working on a new pre-release of tinu 2 which will fix this automatically by deleteting automatically this file when you create an usb installer with the defult settings.

Edited by ITzTravelInTime
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ITzTravelInTime said:

common issue with the latest version of mac, it's not tinu's fault because this vould happen also with the command line method, because apple has decided to remove the .IABootFiles folder from the install media created with it's "createinstallmedia" ,ethod, which is used by TINU and the command line method, a simple way to fix this is to remove the invisible file called .IAPhysicalMedia, i am working on a new pre-release of tinu 2 which will fix this automatically by deleteting automatically this file when you create an usb installer with the defult settings

Thanks for you support, dude. I'll try this. :D

To keep you updated, i have changed the 1ST post to include links for the pre-release of TINU 2 and also to include info about the clover not detecting the usb installer of macOS 10.13.4 issue

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 5/4/2018 at 5:12 PM, al6042 said:

the new clover has been officially released

https://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/?source=typ_redirect

• Like 1

On 9/9/2017 at 10:34 AM, ITzTravelInTime said:

yes, but there are some things i don't like in pandora, mainly i don't think that it's design is good, i learned how to develops apps from a special academy of apple and i learned their design philosophy.

And i came up to create my own app that does the same thing but using a more clear and simple design inspired by what i learned at apple and also i am using some of the latest technologies in the sdk with support to all the latest OSes.

I am creating this app also as a personal coding challenge because i believe that i can make something better than that {censored} of the {censored} Tonymacx86

inspiring motivation mate. Love your work.

Could I suggest a name for it because the reference to something you don't like does make your great tool not-great :)

How about imCreator (Insanely MacOS Creator). It implies MacOS creator. it got insanely mark. and it = I'm Creator (meaning you). Now this makes me remember the I am Lord Voldermort phrase.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, namvan said:

inspiring motivation mate. Love your work.

Could I suggest a name for it because the reference to something you don't like does make your great tool not-great :)

How about imCreator (Insanely MacOS Creator). It implies MacOS creator. it got insanely mark. and it = I'm Creator (meaning you). Now this makes me remember the I am Lord Voldermort phrase.

it's my own project, i do not want insanelymac references in the name, because i don't want that this project is too much linked to any site, but i want to use the uni{censored} joke, because i want to beat that tool. And also many other programs and open source projects have references to comptertitor programs in the name or other kind of jokes, it is a tradition for names of open source projects, also using recursive names like what TINU is another tradition.

Take as an example WINE or XNU for jokes and recurive names

• Thanks 1

You have to think that their website is now useful only because of notebooks other wise because of the presence of "RehabMan :thumbsup_anim: for NoteBooks" and "Slice :thumbsup_anim: for Clover" who are the only MAN's that maintain the Website to be visited!

Since OS X El Capitan, their app can no longer offer chim*ra, so they only have donations, Shop, "Cust*Mac for Amazon and NewEgg links" and this two big MAN's :thumbsup_anim: to keep the website going.

So don't be affected by nervousity while they are beated by them selves: Chameleon continue but not Chim*ra, unib**st continue only with the help of Slice :thumbsup_anim:.

Big and great job MAN, peace ^_^!

• 2 weeks later...

So, i have completed a new pre-release of TINU which fixes varius problems with 10.13.4, especially for who wants to use TINU from the recovery or the installer of macOS, i need just to adjust some small ui things and then to do some testing.

Feel also free to tell me everything about this app that you want that i improve, for example suggestions, improvements, design improvements, bugs, missplacements, ... everything, because i want to create the best tool i can, and i'd like to know all your opinions about this app to work on it and improve it, i know the majoir thing you want is clover support, but which clover settings and drivers should i use by default to install clover? i will offer some "generic clover templates" which should work on most systems for both uefi and legacy installs , i will also leave an advanced clover install mode, which will let you choose manually all the otpions to install clover and will allows you to edit the config.plist using clover configurator, only restriction i will give for that is that you have to install clover in the EFI partition of the usb drive, and also something of usefould will be to have tinu creating copyes of some software you will need on your usb drive, like clover configurator.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ITzTravelInTime said:

So, i have completed a new pre-release of TINU which fixes varius problems with 10.13.4, especially for who wants to use TINU from the recovery or the installer of macOS, i need just to adjust some small ui things and then to do some testing.

Feel also free to tell me everything about this app that you want that i improve, for example suggestions, improvements, design improvements, bugs, missplacements, ... everything, because i want to create the best tool i can, and i'd like to know all your opinions about this app to work on it and improve it, i know the majoir thing you want is clover support, but which clover settings and drivers should i use by default to install clover? i will offer some "generic clover templates" which should work on most systems for both uefi and legacy installs , i will also leave an advanced clover install mode, which will let you choose manually all the otpions to install clover and will allows you to edit the config.plist using clover configurator, only restriction i will give for that is that you have to install clover in the EFI partition of the usb drive, and also something of usefould will be to have tinu creating copyes of some software you will need on your usb drive, like clover configurator.

Great job.

Where is this new-prerealse? I don't find it the commit in your GitHud repo.

Thanks  

2 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Great job.

Where is this new-prerealse? I don't find it the commit in your GitHud repo.

Thanks  

i have not released it yet, because i still need to do some extra debugging and adjust some thing into the interface, then it will be released

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have commited the new version on github, pre-build binary shortly

the github source code is here:

https://github.com/ITzTravelInTime/TINU/tree/development

here you can find a changelog and what changed in the source code since last release:

https://github.com/ITzTravelInTime/TINU/commit/7b4bebdcfcf2088ea5208dae6459449744a45705

and here is the new pre-release: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/nvzss51qcieynve/TINU.zip

Edit: i have reuploaded the source code and the pre-build binaries because of a bug, links are the same

• Like 2

I am starting to think about the versions after TINU 2.0 they will have the clover support, so which are the settings that should i use by default to install clover? of course i will offer dirrent settings options to accomodate different kind of machines and also a manual settings mode which makes you able to choose the settings to install clover manually, the last issue is settings of the clover config and kexts, for that i was thinking about using some pre-made config files and a pre-made kext selection which sould work on most machines (i will mainly use fake smc, null cpu power management and unsolid) but you will have always the option to chosse everthing manually and to edit usingh clover configurator, yor config

• Like 2

Hi

I try new prerelease and I love it. Good news for future Tinu version: especially possibility to add my own kexts, perhaps in drag and drop.... 

Thanks. Have a nice day 

• Like 1

for all of you guys: do you have suggestions for specific clover installer settings and config settings? i have to offer something which will work on most systems as pre-made clover templates

So, i am thinking about pubblishing the stable release of tinu 2.0, just with a few minor chenges from the last pre-release, and to focus my work on the next one, i have just chenged a couple of UI things for the stable release and add a warning message if you try to use a time machine disk as a target drive to create the macOS install media, for the release that will come after the stable 2.0 release (and maybe also after a bug fix release for the 2.0 if needed) i am trying to use the system apis to manage the tasks which needs special priviladges to be executed, instead of the "sudo" based system which i am using now, this will make the application more secure and reliable, and also you will have to do the authentication only one time, when creating an install media, and using this system maybe i can also pubblish the application on the app store (obviusly just a limited version for mac users, but a version with all the features unlocked will be always available outside the app store and will have all the hackintosh-friendly features as well). But to do that i need to re-write a large amount of code into the app, because all the tasks which needs special permitions needs to be re-implemented differently, so that's why i do not want to use this in the 2.0 release, so because i am going to finish with tinu 2.0 tell me every complain or problem you are having with the latest pre-release or the latest release of tinu, so i can work on that before releaseing the stable 2.0 version

• Like 1

On 4/20/2018 at 10:18 AM, ITzTravelInTime said:

for all of you guys: do you have suggestions for specific clover installer settings and config settings? i have to offer something which will work on most systems as pre-made clover templates

This will be dificult because every one use different settings because of different hardware, but if i'm going with a suggestion, i'll say that:

- Ask for chipset= SMBios

- Ask for Graphics card (AMD\NVIDIA)

- Ask for SSDT\DSDT to drag them

- Ask for Kexts to drag them

- Ask for APFS to drag it\ or not to use UnSolid.kext.zip

- Ask for Devices renaming "GFX0, IGPU, IMEI, EC, EH01, EH02, SATA, HDEF"

If this what you mean, if not excuse me to don't understand, really thanks dude!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ammoune78 said:

This will be dificult because every one use different settings because of different hardware, but if i'm going with a suggestion, i'll say that:

- Ask for chipset= SMBios

- Ask for Graphics card (AMD\NVIDIA)

- Ask for SSDT\DSDT to drag them

- Ask for Kexts to drag them

- Ask for APFS to drag it\ or not to use UnSolid.kext.zip

- Ask for Devices renaming "GFX0, IGPU, IMEI, EC, EH01, EH02, SATA, HDEF"

If this what you mean, if not excuse me to don't understand, really thanks dude!

yes absolutely like that, i have to create a configurator which lets you to choose which hardware componets you are using (but in a more generic way probably and for sure step by step, to not craete confusion for end users) and for apfs instead i will ask if they do want to install on an ssd or not which is more intuitive, not so much people knows about apfs, but maybe i can use by default the unsolid kext for installers, because it will be just used to install macOS, the problem is to figure out which clover drivers (driver 64 and drivers 64 uefi stuff) to use and which settings to use with the clover pkg, because i have already created some code capable of install clover using the clover installer pkg and i want to use that, it will basically install clover as you do manually using the pkg installer, and in the code you can specify which options to use for the pkg installer, and that's why tinu in all it's releases it does make sure that the installer usb drive created with it will have an efi partition, because of the bootloader, for the smbios i can just ask for processor generation, and other needed kexts and and acpi tables can be just asked to use at the end after choosing hw components, for remaning devices i can just figure out which they are from gfx card, processor generation and motherboard manifacturer, but i will have also fi figure out how to interface with the clover config file or how to create one, to make things simple i can just edit what the clover installer puts into the clover folder as a starting point config, and add smbios, some boot args (i will always use -v for the boot args, because you will never be 100% sure that the installer boots up at the 1st attempt) and other needed settings, i want to make something ligth years ahead the U program that we hate, and have a way better bootloader setup system, but i need also help for the laptop side

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ITzTravelInTime said:

yes absolutely like that, i have to create a configurator which lets you to choose which hardware componets you are using (but in a more generic way probably and for sure step by step, to not craete confusion for end users) and for apfs instead i will ask if they do want to install on an ssd or not which is more intuitive, not so much people knows about apfs, but maybe i can use by default the unsolid kext for installers, because it will be just used to install macOS, the problem is to figure out which clover drivers (driver 64 and drivers 64 uefi stuff) to use and which settings to use with the clover pkg, because i have already created some code capable of install clover using the clover installer pkg and i want to use that, it will basically install clover as you do manually using the pkg installer, and in the code you can specify which options to use for the pkg installer, and that's why tinu in all it's releases it does make sure that the installer usb drive created with it will have an efi partition, because of the bootloader, for the smbios i can just ask for processor generation, and other needed kexts and and acpi tables can be just asked to use at the end after choosing hw components, for remaning devices i can just figure out which they are from gfx card, processor generation and motherboard manifacturer, but i will have also fi figure out how to interface with the clover config file or how to create one, to make things simple i can just edit what the clover installer puts into the clover folder as a starting point config, and add smbios, some boot args (i will always use -v for the boot args, because you will never be 100% sure that the installer boots up at the 1st attempt) and other needed settings, i want to make something ligth years ahead the U program that we hate, and have a way better bootloader setup system, but i need also help for the laptop side

Man this will really be an KICK*SS App, you're strong dude Hahaaa!

Instead for Laptop's, it's a big Tralala, HP aren't simple, DELL and other brands that uses AMI BIOS Chips are comfortable with Clover Hack. But this if you need, i think it will be a big headache, from my experiance of two NoteBooks in the last two months. But help, is always welcome, with pleasure, i'm totally your's, from now!

You rock MAN :thumbsup_anim: :moil: :robot: :weight_lift: :king: :D :thanks_speechbubble:

• Thanks 1

for the guys here i am sorry if i am not so much active with updates but i am working on trying to use the mac os system apis and implement privilaged tasks using official apple's method inside of tinu, for which i have found a traslation in swift, instead on relying on the command line system based on sudo i was using before, this should allow tinu to be more secure and also should allow me to to pubblish a version of this app on the mac app store in the future (of acouse a limited macs-only version and there will be a separated an hackintosh version with all the features unlocked distributed outside the app store)

• Like 3

Another update, i am adjusting some details to release to you tinu 2.0 stable relese, mainly small cosmethical things and also something to clarify a couple of things of the user interface and some bug fix too, then i will start to work only on the next release, and my plan is to pubblish the first alpha of tinu 3, which will look like tinu 2.0 but i will try to implement the official apple's way to do priviladged tasks and that's what you will see of different in it, just to implement it, and i will do this first alpha to test it to see if it works for me and for you, and to correct issues with it. Then when this thing of priviladged tasks is done i will start to design the ui to configure and install clover from tinu manually and with a guided noob-friendly mode (you will be able to choose how do you want to install it), so a lot of work to do for tinu 3.0, but first let's finish the 2.0 relese.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

After a couple of weeks of health problems, i am back, i have uploaded the pre-release branch of tinu, i am doing a final release candidate build of tinu, which you can download here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/nvzss51qcieynve/TINU.zip

The final release candidate is basically the last pre-release of this new version of tinu 2 and it's almost equal to the final release version, the only difference is that the release candidate is made to make sure that everything works and it's fine before releasing it to the pubblic as a release, so giving me the time to listen and fix the issues and missplacements reported by you, so i invite everyone to try it and try to find as many thigs to fix as you can, so i can pubblish the final release with the fixes you requested included.

The source code is available into the development branch of the github repo as usual.

• Like 4