TINU: The bootable macOS installer creation tool - Mac app

ITzTravelInTime
390 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, al6042 said:

Just saw a similar initial display while using the VoodooTSSync Configurator.. ;)

Yes, but i have implemented the buttons in a different way and with some shadow effects, and also i am using a more minimal approach for the ui in  tinu

• 1 month later...

Finally some updates about TINU, after a lot of work under the hood work, because of the bugs i found and also because of the design changements, i am close to the release of the 2.1 version and the open beta testing for tinu 3, so i am currently chegking everything and sending the software to some closed beta testers, and also i have done a collboration video about tinu on the youtube channel of Peter Paul Chato which will go online soon ( i will link it here ).

So don't worry, this project is still going on.

• Like 6

37 minutes ago, Gigamaxx said:

Chato, I’ve been subscribed for a while.   Nice!

Yes, he really liked this tool, and we are going to continue doing stuff together.

for all the curious folks out there, here is a link to the video: https://youtu.be/GJnI1RwM1xs

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Gigamaxx said:

You got to help him with that R9 280X, lol watching the video (3 hrs later for me) both of us said "it shoiuld be" at exactly the same time.  

Yes, but i remember that he got video acceleration on mojave and i told him that this card is supported for metal, maybe is just a missplacement of the system informations app.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ITzTravelInTime said:

Yes, but i remember that he got video acceleration on mojave and i told him that this card is supported for metal, maybe is just a missplacement of the system informations app.

Are you guys talking behind my back? Yes my R9 280X is showing metal support.

Edited by PPC
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, PPC said:

Ehmmm ... no, we where just discussing about how great was my help :-D

1 hour ago, PPC said:

But seriously the r9 280x is one of the best mac-compatible gfx cards out there

38 minutes ago, ITzTravelInTime said:

Ehmmm ... no, we where just discussing about how great was my help :-D

But seriously the r9 280x is one of the best mac-compatible gfx cards out there

Aside from my R7 265 2gb, lol.    It lists as a R9 270x or HD7xxx.   It’s a cut down R9 270 I got for $130 years ago.   Mojave metal!

5 hours ago, PPC said:

OMG!! PPC!!! Love your channel! Welcome to Insanely Mac!! It says you just joined. How long did it take you to complete "the test" so you could join in the forums?*

ETA: And now I see you've made a comment over on camera conspiracies. Another favorite. Stay out of my head, PPC!

*they might not be doing that anymore.

Edited by passoporto

1 hour ago, passoporto said:

OMG!! PPC!!! Love your channel! Welcome to Insanely Mac!! It says you just joined. How long did it take you to complete "the test" so you could join in the forums?*

ETA: And now I see you've made a comment over on camera conspiracies. Another favorite. Stay out of my head, PPC!

*they might not be doing that anymore.

Thanks. This is a great group. The organization of the content confuses me but I'll get it one day. I"m still going through the hazing process. I still have to attach a Vega64, fans at full throttle over my nipples for 15 minutes. Not looking forward to that.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, errorexists said:

how to install clover efi, i am taking the efi from my efi/efi
image.png.426fcae5e8d9d14a4e551bc85395c53d.png

I am already working to imrpove that for the next TINU relese, but you should just open the exi folder and the efi folder must contan the folders: clover, clover/kexts, clover/kexts/others, clover/drivers64, clover/drivers64uefi, boot, and the files: clover/config.plist and also the 2 clover executables files.

12 minutes ago, ITzTravelInTime said:

I am already working to imrpove that for the next TINU relese, but you should just open the exi folder and the efi folder must contan the folders: clover, clover/kexts, clover/kexts/others, clover/drivers64, clover/drivers64uefi, boot, and the files: clover/config.plist and also the 2 clover executables files.

I have tried couple ways an was using my efi folder from my efi/efi https://youtu.be/_VsN0TTE5DE

27 minutes ago, errorexists said:

I have tried couple ways an was using my efi folder from my efi/efi https://youtu.be/_VsN0TTE5DE

you should open the EFI folder which contains the boot and the clover folder and not any other folder or subfolder, and you have to make sure that the EFI folder does contain all the stuff that i said or other wise you are always going to get that message.

27 minutes ago, ITzTravelInTime said:

you should open the EFI folder which contains the boot and the clover folder and not any other folder or subfolder, and you have to make sure that the EFI folder does contain all the stuff that i said or other wise you are always going to get that message.

Seems like I too is having the same issue of not able to copy EFI folder. I am testing this on the latest public release.

Attached is the video link.

10 minutes ago, onemanOSX said:

Seems like I too is having the same issue of not able to copy EFI folder. I am testing this on the latest public release.

Attached is the video link.

You have just to choose the EFI folder and not any other folder inside of it.

That was what I was trying to do. I was merely showing that the EFI folder contains the boot folder and clover folder. Then I clicked the main EFI folder to continue.

Edit: I even tried choosing the EFI partition which of course as expected fails.

Edited by onemanOSX

11 minutes ago, onemanOSX said:

That was what I was trying to do. I was merely showing that the EFI folder contains the boot folder and clover folder. Then I clicked the main EFI folder to continue.

Well, in the new version i am working on i have a more detailed info about that error, so when i will pulish it for pre-relese i sugegst you to try it.

And also in the video i see that your EFI folder is missing the drivers64 folder inside the clover folder, this folder is required in this verion of tinu, but it will no longer be required in the new version, so try to create an empty drivers64 folder inside your efi/clover folder and then try again.

Edited by ITzTravelInTime

2 minutes ago, ITzTravelInTime said:

drivers64 folder inside the clover folder, this folder is required in this verion of tinu, but it will no longer be required in the new version

Thank you for the clarification. Yes, adding an empty drivers64 folder indeed enable me to proceed to the next step.

I will continue to test and see if installation is a success.

On completion of USB writing, an error pops up.

1. Sorry, I did not capture a screenshot of it. But, its in the lines of "unable to copy custom folder/setting..."

2. I checked EFI folder on USB and its contents differs from the EFI that I am trying to copy from (I suppose this is expected as per the error above)

If you'd like a copy of the log, I will be glad to recreate. Cheers!

Just now, onemanOSX said:

On completion of USB writing, an error pops up.

1. Sorry, I did not capture a screenshot of it. But, its in the lines of "unable to copy custom folder/setting..."

2. I checked EFI folder on USB and its contents differs from the EFI that I am trying to copy from (I suppose this is expected as per the error above)

If you'd like a copy of the log, I will be glad to recreate. Cheers!

yes, give me a copy of the log, that efi folder feature is still very buggy and experimental, that's why i am not advertising it, currelty the best way to have your efi folder installed on the usb drive is to do it yourself after the creation of the installer by tinu