Guest ricoc90

clover v4081
clover with 

<key>FirmwareFeatures</key>
<string>0xe907f537</string>

How to do this step help me

You need to put it in your SMBIOS section

did you set ff in smbios?

i have the version r4081 of clover that works just fine with the firmware features parameter in place, but i will try to see if the new version r4084 of clover works without that parameter in the smbios

• Like 1

i have the version r4081 of clover that works just fine with the firmware features parameter in place, but i will try to see if the new version r4084 of clover works without that parameter in the smbios

no need firmware feature by using r4084...i am waiting for webdriver update

no need firmware feature by using r4084...i am waiting for webdriver update

yes, i am waiting for the web drivers too, since i am using a gtx 960 in my machine, for clover i want to see with my eyes if it works, also some mine friend are telling me that on particular systems it is working fine, like x99 or kabylake (there is still the need to verify if now they works without particular fixes, since now at lest kabylake, should be supported by default), i will also do tests on my socket 775 machine to see how it runs on my core 2 duo e8400, because apple has not deprecated them yet, and probably, because the new iMac pro seems to use socket 2066, we will have support for x299 in this new version of mac os

• Like 1

yes, i am waiting for the web drivers too, since i am using a gtx 960 in my machine, for clover i want to see with my eyes if it works, also some mine friend are telling me that on particular systems it is working fine, like x99 or kabylake (there is still the need to verify if now they works without particular fixes, since now at lest kabylake, should be supported by default), i will also do tests on my socket 775 machine to see how it runs on my core 2 duo e8400, because apple has not deprecated them yet, and probably, because the new iMac pro seems to use socket 2066, we will have support for x299 in this new version of mac os

i also use gtx960..but i have not installed high sierra..i am not sure if setting firmware feature by using r4084

i also use gtx960..but i have not installed high sierra..i am not sure if setting firmware feature by using r4084

first try without it then try with it if without doesn't works

• Like 1

I still can't get it to work. I can get past the installer but during the second install phase it always fails at verifying the firmware. I tried using the recovery partition to apply the patched prelinked kernel but DiskUtil doesn't see the hidden install partition that my computer boots from for the second install. I even tried doing single user mode so I could copy the file from there but a) the partition doesn't see the .IABootFiles folder and B) it doesn't do anything if I copy the patched prelinkedkernel to /System/Library/PreLinkedKernel/prelinkedkernel. Any suggestions?

Edit: Basicially it looks like when the second install starts, it mounts the Base System.dmg located in my /macOS Install Data/BaseSystem.dmg which is read-only. That directory has no .IABootFiles directory which is why I can't find it when I boot using Single User mode. There must be another way to inject the patched kernel.

are you using a fusion drive?

update: installing without the usb key, just with the app and then booting the installer from the target partition worked for me with the new clover version and by replacing the kernel cache

• Like 1

Ok so I am on Clover r4084 and copied the apfs to drivers64uefi but I can not get past the second install with the same unable to verify the firmware error message. I didn't add the firmware features info to SMBIOS because people said on r4084 you don't need that and from reading these comments, isn't that just for APFS? Please help.

Ok so I am on Clover r4084 and copied the apfs to drivers64uefi but I can not get past the second install with the same unable to verify the firmware error message. I didn't add the firmware features info to SMBIOS because people said on r4084 you don't need that and from reading these comments, isn't that just for APFS? Please help.

no, it works for me, but i am using firmware features, i think you should use that

Having problems - duh, why else would I be posting. I have no idea what I am doing, apparently...

I have Clover 4084 installed on my 10.12.6 system. 

I have a fusion drive with 10.12.6 installed. I am a dev and downloaded the 10.13 beta from the site. I have another pair of drives I would like to make into a High Sierra fusion drive.

I have tried a USB method to install on the new HD - 

I have tried launching the App from my 10.12.6 system and installing on the new HD.

I have tried launching the App from my 10.12.6 system and installing on the new SSD.

I have tried making a fusion drive with the new HD and SSD and installing via launching the app on 10.12.6

I have tried enabling APFS and not.
I have tried formatting with case sensitive and not case sensitive Journaled HFS with GUID partition.
I have tried installing Clover before, at each step and after install 10.13 on the various targets.
I have added apfs.efi into drivers64UEFI (and driversx64UEFI - although I expect that was a typo in the posts mentioning that spelling).
I have removed apfs.efi from the clover install.
I have tried enabling convert to apfs in the installer, and not enabling the conversion.

I am pulling my hair out, and I am certain I am doing something very STUPID, but...

(Edited: Changed version of Clover to 4084)

Clover 4084 (booted from my 10.12.6 install) does not recognize the target drive (in any of the above installs/configurations) as bootable, and does not list it as an option on the clover boot screen, only my 10.12.6 drive is listed. My BIOS can see the drive, but if I remove all the other drives it is not bootable, it is just seen as existing by BIOS. In MacOS 10.12.6 the target drive is not displayed in the "Startup disk" option in preferences.

Can someone point me in the right direction? What am I doing or not doing?

Guys does this method work with an in-place upgrade? 
I have Clover 4084 with Firmware features enabled, APFS driver installed. When I try to do an in-place upgrade I just get a black screen after hitting the Clover entry. 
I tried verbose/nv_disable and safe but they literally show a black screen, no text comes up either. 

Am I missing something?