Mac os High sierra installation attempts

432 posts in this topic

Please someone update to 10.13 with AFPS or without it, maybe it's okay without updating the clover ?!

I downloaded the 10.13 but I don't know update it or not!

I've another question, did apple fix the notification center background color when the dark menu and dock is enabled is white either ?!

I wanted it to be like 10.11, when it was black :)

I did not follow this tutorial, but I was stuck at the same point. I went back to language chooser and continued and it worked. Sometimes it takes a little time to load up I guess

I too was stuck at this point and after following this advice, I was able to proceed with my installation.

When you try to do the second step of the installation process, do not boot form the installation volume yet, you have to use anther working copy of Mac OS to cange the prelinked kernel in .IABootFiles on the target installation volume, so you can boot to it and continue with tìinstallation.

When unhiding all files after completing the 1st part of the installation, I could not locate a IABootFiles folder on my target volume.

i got in the installer on my hp Probook 4530s but it disk utility just sits on loading..nothing more and its laggy as heck and my wifi nor ps2 kexts'll work.

Guest ricoc90

I too was stuck at this point and after following this advice, I was able to proceed with my installation.

When unhiding all files after completing the 1st part of the installation, I could not locate a IABootFiles folder on my target volume.

yes I am experimenting too, the guide will be updated

I still can't get it to work. I can get past the installer but during the second install phase it always fails at verifying the firmware. I tried using the recovery partition to apply the patched prelinked kernel but DiskUtil doesn't see the hidden install partition that my computer boots from for the second install. I even tried doing single user mode so I could copy the file from there but a) the partition doesn't see the .IABootFiles folder and B) it doesn't do anything if I copy the patched prelinkedkernel to /System/Library/PreLinkedKernel/prelinkedkernel. Any suggestions?

Edit: Basicially it looks like when the second install starts, it mounts the Base System.dmg located in my /macOS Install Data/BaseSystem.dmg which is read-only. That directory has no .IABootFiles directory which is why I can't find it when I boot using Single User mode. There must be another way to inject the patched kernel.

• Like 1

For today I gave up. I basically tried everything. I can not make my pendrive boot. I updated the Clover to 4081, I used this http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/284656-clover-general-discussion/page-657?do=findComment&comment=2436885

I updated both the pendrive and the HDD. I tried using igpu, but I did not succeed. Now I tried using nv_disable = 1 and stopped on a gray screen with a small US flag at the top. http://i.imgur.com/W2OEOD5.jpg

I honestly do not know what's wrong so I'll expect to come up some other way before trying again. 

from a working hackintosh(10.12.5) to a clean SSD

im installing from the DL image  macOS 10.13 Beta

1) Download developer profile (free) LINK

2) Open terminal 

sudo /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Seeding.framework/Versions/A/Resources/seedutil enroll DeveloperSeed

3) Paste command and give password

4) macappstores://itunes.apple.com/app/id1209167288 open this link in safari

5) Click Download

after DL  image in applications

open with show package Content

Applications/Install  macOS 10.13 Beta

open Contents

open SharedSupport

open InstallESD.dmg. skip verify

open Packages

open Core

its installing now on SSD Mac OS Extended (Journaled)

after install i boot with working SSD 10.12.5 and i install a recent Fakesmc.kext on SSD 10.13

Mac OS 10.13 beta is booting with clover imac14,2 from SSD 10.12.5 and some boot options

only video Nvidia GT 740 is not going further with webdrivers working

all is going fast and smooth with clover 3974

only video now

• Like 3

Guest ricoc90

Open Core?

Within InstallESD.dmg there's a folder named packages. There's an installer package named Core.pkg

post-1502423-0-73626400-1496831854_thumb.png

I have created an USB Stick by "sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ 10.13\ beta.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ macOS\ 10.13\ beta.app --noiteraction" and Clover r4081 is on it. I added "apfs.efi" in UEFI64 driver folder and "fakesmc.kext" (April Version) to /Kexts/Other/...

Reaching Setup works. But when I open Disk Utility it's just spinnig up forever an showas no Disks. I was able, by open terminal and do "diskutil list" to show up my disks in Disk Utility. After a very long time. But thats all. I can't delete my Disk. Install is not working either.

Any Idea?

Hi all. I grabbed a copy of 10.13 and I created a USB installer with Terminal + Clover. With clover version r4077 I had a kernel panic but r4081 fixed this issue. However, now it hangs here like FakeSMC isn't loading. Any ideas?

post-1096856-0-71793900-1496846306_thumb.jpg

post-1096856-0-26422900-1496846314_thumb.jpg

• Like 1