The Ultimate Web Browser

Swad

461 posts in this topic

Umm as follows:

Mac OS X: Firefox (I use Safari for other reasons)

Windows NT Based Systems (Incl. 2k + XP): Firefox

Linux: Firefox

IRIX: Firefox

It is as shown, even SGI uses firefox as standard!

This is a very interesting that has been going on. I have a buddy in high school, and I contantly argue that Opera is the best web browser, while he say FireFox is the best.

In the end I put it this way: any web browser that isn't IE is the best. -_-

haha i like that. i use safari under os x hated it at first but love it now occasionally omni browser. Under windows only firefox.

MacOS: Opera

Windows: Opera

Opera is a really nice browser. It doesn't need any extensions and it still gets the job done.

Also I hate browsing without 1,2 to switch tabs.

As for FF, I just hate its theme. Opera's Emil skin is much better than any skins I've ever seen

• 2 weeks later...
How the hell can you call Firefox slow? Have you ever tried it, it's faster than opera, safari or IE7.

Yes, and No, no, not even by a long shot.

Have you even tried Safari?

Firefox 2 is slower than Safari 3, full stop. Slower launch, slower page rendering -- except Firefox has better compatibility. Safari + eBay = an old married couple.

Yes, and No, no, not even by a long shot.

Have you even tried Safari?

Firefox 2 is slower than Safari 3, full stop. Slower launch, slower page rendering -- except Firefox has better compatibility. Safari + eBay = an old married couple.

I agree. (Safari 3 at least)

With Safari 2 I kept Firefox 2 around for pages that didn't render quite the same. With Safari 3 I haven't had any issues and have ditched Firefox from my machine.

All three seem to be fine as far as rendering goes and the deciding factor becomes the "extra" functionality. Obviously Firefox has a much more extensive collection of plugins/enhancements but not everyone needs that and at least for me Safari/Dashboard/Google provide all I need.