The Ultimate Web Browser

Swad

461 posts in this topic

Safari - Hate it on Windows, Love it on OS X. Quick, speedy, and gets the job done.

IE7 - Looks pretty on Vista, but that's about all it's good for.

IE6 - Eww. I can't believe people still use this.

FF2 - Awesome browser. Could be faster, but it's got powerful extensions to make up for it.

FF3 - Probably my favorite browser out there right now. It's fast on every platform I use it on (Mac, Win, Lin), it blends into the native user interface, and has the great extensions that Firefox is known for.

Opera - Okay on a slow computer running Linux. That's about all I use it for.

Konqueror - Good as a file manager... sucks as a web browser imho.

cWinner: Firefox 3 by a mile! :(

Safari - Hate it on Windows, Love it on OS X. Quick, speedy, and gets the job done.

IE7 - Looks pretty on Vista, but that's about all it's good for.

IE6 - Eww. I can't believe people still use this.

FF2 - Awesome browser. Could be faster, but it's got powerful extensions to make up for it.

FF3 - Probably my favorite browser out there right now. It's fast on every platform I use it on (Mac, Win, Lin), it blends into the native user interface, and has the great extensions that Firefox is known for.

Opera - Okay on a slow computer running Linux. That's about all I use it for.

Konqueror - Good as a file manager... sucks as a web browser imho.

cWinner: Firefox 3 by a mile! :unsure:

I agree with you on Firefox 3. Only wish it was Gold right now. :(

• 2 weeks later...

Gonna go against the grain here and express my hatred for Firefox. Bloated, unstable and slow. Apparently I'm the only one experiencing these problems... ? :)

Safari for me.

I love Firefox 2 and have been testing Firefox 3 and loving every bit of it. I just adore the middle click tab close in FF and also it has excellent developer extensions such as Firebug which are essential for a developer like myself :(

Safari.

It's so super fast.

Then Firefox.

I used to be a Firefox fan strongly, but I really don't care much about all the extra fancy useless plugins. I just want my surfing to be fast. Though Firefox 3 looks promising. If it's just as fast as Safari or faster, I'm definitely going back.

I used to use Mozzila for both Mac and Win.

Now I use Seamonkey for Win and Safari for Mac but would gladly use Seamonkey over Safari if it were possible.

For some reason I cant see my Hotmail account with Safari on my Hackintosh.

Seamonkey rulez.

Camino is the fastest and best on MacOSX that I've tried that wasn't in a foreign language or had sub-par updates/support.

Firefox is a staple because of tools like FireBug.

If you're a web developer, FireBug will save your ass many times.

• 2 weeks later...

Safari 3.1 is the ultimate! A lot faster than other browsers!

People commonly accepted Firefox as the Internet Explorer rejection, but I never liked it. Firefox are free, cross platform, but slower than Safari, and sometimes slower than IE7.

Safari passed Acid2 browser test, doesn't passed Acid3 [http://acid3.acidtests.org/] getting the score 74 of 100.

Firefox doesn't passed Acid2 browser test [it's really basic], doesn't passed Acid3 too, but with scores about 53. worst than Safari.

I like Safari.

• 2 weeks later...

I remember when I started using Opera, about 2 years ago.. I really enjoyed my experience, enough to say that it was my favorite browser at that time... but it is not anymore.. Opera crashed about twice a day or more for the 2 years that I've been using it..

also, there are many small bugs in Opera... and some things just display better in Firefox than in Opera...

then why did I use opera for a full 2 years? I simply got addicted to the awesome features such as irc, torrents, the "f4 panel" mouse gestures, speed dial, etc..

I started to gather the needed add-ons for firefox so it is an exact clone of the features I used in Opera, minus the IRC, which I now use in pidgin (i hate to run 1 different program for every single task that I have to do)

So, today, my favorite web browser is a Firefox with about 10 add-ons to make it perfect.. it has torrent support (it sucks but its enough for small torrents, for more serious torrents you might want to get something else) mouse gestures, speed dial (the one I have now is better than opera's one) the bookmark panel that I can close and open by pressing f4, there's also an add-on tab and history tab in that panel.. which makes these features easy to access. and some other various gadgets

I really like my new firefox.

One month, and several betas + release candidates later, I'm loving Firefox 3 even more. Each release gets faster, memory use is amazing (only 61MB while typing this), user interface is great, and Apple should really be ashamed of themselves for not thinking of "all the little things" the Firefox developers came up with first.

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone else noticed recently that Camino is getting slower and slower? I used it until I realized it was slow as hell and kept freezing, and I switched to FF3 RC, and it's MUCH faster.

I'm on Firefox now for both Mac and Windows. Tried Opera, but I just think it's ugly. Not noticeably faster, if at all, and just not as attractive as any of the other browsers I use.