The Ultimate Web Browser

Swad

461 posts in this topic

I just switched to opera 10.5 beta, it rock solid, extremely fast and syncs all my bookmarks, search history and other things automatically between my 6 computers running linux, xp, vista and osx. So far I've ditched firefox, chrome, and camino altogether.

I don't know why but I prefer Safari over Firefox 3. Safari feels more for the Mac than Firefox 3, even now that Firefox 3 is using the default Leopard theme. I really can't stand Firefox, call me whatever you want, but I am a truly Safari fan :graduated:

I can not stand Firehoax either...On Windoze i use K-meleon on my Linux box i use either Puppy linux or Ubuntu(when i feel real lazy)

29zdifo.jpg

I'm currently using Google Chrome on all my Windows/Linux installations, for many reasons really. Mainly because of speed, I want to check my most commonly visited websites quickly. Chrome's start up is fast and starts with the grid of my most visited website, then it's just a matter of tabbing them all and having a flick through.

I used to use FF and was a bit hesitant at switching to Chrome when it first came out because of the lack of support for almost anything plus I would be losing all my addons, but when the second Chrome version came out, I switched and never switched back.

Firefox any day. Other browsers only to test stuff.

Extensions:

Adblock Plus

Firebug

Surfclarity

SeoQuake

Webdeveloper Toolbar

Wisestamp

Firefox PDF Plugin

Wisestamp

NoScript

Gmail Notifier

Google Icon

Targeted Advertising Opt-Out (TACO)

Better Privacy

AlertStopper

+ a few more

;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I was a Safari user for many years, but since I got curious and downloaded Chrome, I'm smitten.

Everything that Safari does - all I can think anymore is grumble that it doesn't do things like Chrome. Tabs opening up right next to the tab you're already on - regardless of other tabs is genius.

I don't know about a normal user, but it is hard to imagine developing web apps and web sites without Firefox and its incredible array of tools. I suppose some of those tools leak into the other browsers after awhile, but who can wait for cutting edge tools? Even for mundane things like SEO (search engine optimization), the array of plugins available makes it hard to think of using anything else for real work. Maybe a plain vanilla web surfer can choose from an array of browsers, but for the heavy lifting, it's hard to beat Firefox.

• 2 months later...

Firefox 3.1 earns a "Softpedia Pick" award and the highest possible rating at this download site, and the review provides a long list of improvements over earlier versions.This type of article are discussed about various essay writing companies.You obviously put a lot of work into that post and it’s very interesting to see the thought process that you went through to come up with those conclusion. Really interesting and informative article, keep posting. Nice work, thanks for such information.

This is a triky one.

I like safari, fast simple but, pretty much no customization and some websites dont work perfectly.

I would have to go with firefox, customization and compatibility makes it a win with me.

Firefox 4 looks promising, I love the beta so far

I don't think there's an ultimate web browser on Mac. I've tried Chrome and i'm still using Firefox for compatibility issues, but Safari is usually faster and I like its copy and paste.

On Windows, Chrome does it all, on Mac OS X, I have to keep the three of them, plus NetNewsWire for RSS feed.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
Google Chrome all the way. It just has a lot less clutter at the top and I love the single searchbar/address bar

I've never installed Chrome on any computer I've used, primarily because Google is satan and I trust that company about as far as I could spit a seed.

I started out using Safari, and switched to Firefox. Only recently installed and started using Opera.

My understanding is that Opera is best for slow internet connections (DSL) and slow or memory restricted computers, and Firefox is better for fiberoptic/high speed cable with plenty of hardware firepower.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1