The Ultimate Web Browser

Swad

461 posts in this topic

Safari is made by stupid people for dumb people :)

Just switched to Opera....

well that was quite a mistake

Jesus people, what's the deal with insulting other people for their browser preference? Shut the f*** up already. Don't like it then don't use it. You aren't so special that other people should blindly do whatever you do.

:idea:

well that was quite a mistake

Jesus people, what's the deal with insulting other people for their browser preference? Shut the f*** up already. Don't like it then don't use it. You aren't so special that other people should blindly do whatever you do.

:)

Behave a bit normal you idiot!!

There were smileys behind that post. If you dont know the internet and its rules then stay away from it. People like you ruins everything for everybody.

Behave a bit normal you idiot!!

There were smileys behind that post. If you dont know the internet and its rules then stay away from it. People like you ruins everything for everybody.

Sorry, my bad. I'll try again.

:) You're a f***ing idiot :D

Any better?

EDIT:

Behave normal? You're insulting people, I'm insulting people, I'm at least on par with you so far.

=)

thank u!

someone who agrees!

firefox is definately the best for what i have (xp)

ie is the worst, by far

i got rid of it a long time ago

but they just came out with a new version, i dunno how that is, anyone have it?

lot's of bells and wistles but it still downloads lots of {censored} even with pop-up blockers and fishing enabled. As soon as I use it I run adaware and it invariably finds 2-3 spyware. That doesn't happen when I run firefox for a couple min and then give adaware a run. Right now i just maxed the security and privacy in internet settings and windows update refuses to work, and so does windows media player. Windows media player can play but u can't buy music. They only work with a lot less security :P

Opera works great for me i also use every other on the web, since i have internet in my house since 1996 i still have an 486 with windows 3.11 for workgroup and guest what .......Netscape(still working) .

I havent seen Netscape named round here i guess everyone here are from the broadband generation that is in my timeline After windows ME {censored} .

In my experience there is no ultimate browser in fact i think they will never be just one, its like with OS´s.One for this the other for that. its been always like this since win3.11 as i remember.

thats my opinion

saludos .

Mmmm, please give a look to the new Shiira 2. It is still a beta, but looks very promising.... and faster than past.

Waiting for the final release of Shiira, I think that Camino is still the best compromise among rendering and performance..IMO the fastest one.

• 3 weeks later...

Firefox is nice, but for some site sites it is so slow, to slow.

I use safari now because page scroll in realtime instead of buffering and stuttering. It began to irritate me. I did some search on the internet and i see a lot of complaint about the slowness frm firefox. So i gues it not only the hackingtoshes that got that problem.

Edited by wow

Just got DeskBrowse, and I'm loving it... it's pretty freaking sweet. HUGE performance boost, and great UI. I was having a REALLY bad time with page load seed in Camino, Safari, Firefox, and even Shiira. DeskBrowse is fast as hell (for me).

I love it. Took about 30 minutes of straight use to get fully used to it, and some modifications to preferences. Really nice app. My only complaint is that I can't figure out (or it's impossible) how to use bookmark folders like you can in almost all web browsers. Still, I'll deal with the absence of bookmark folders for an awesome UI with sweet features and great speed.

Let me know what you think...

http://www.deskbrowse.com/

hm not much future for deskbrowse

--------------------------------------------------------

Announcement:

We're very sorry. Basically, the company that once developed DeskBrowse, SGS International, has fallen apart. The developers have decided to move on and go in their own direction, which has left DeskBrowse without a team of people to maintain it. We ask the open source community to come forward, if you have Cocoa programming experience, please email me at sipefree at eircom dot net.

Man, for the past 4 days I used Firefox instead of Opera, and I seriously don't see how people can survive with such terrible tabbing! The tab closing system is just bad, and I don't see why I should have to install an extension in order to fix the poorly designed UI. I still hate the addressbar being the same for all tabs. That's stupid, it looks like when I hit enter all of the tabs will load that page. That's what it says intuitively. CTRL+Tab sucks ass. Where's my preview of which tab I am going to get to next? Why does it go in tab order instead of visited order? Finally, why does it freeze for 10 seconds every time I change tabs once I hit 20 tabs. You know, at first I thought Firefox wasn't bad. Good for the world perhaps. Then I thought it was average. Now I find it's a steaming pile of {censored}. Is there any reason for having UI designers who have no {censored} clue what they are doing?

Man, for the past 4 days I used Firefox instead of Opera, and I seriously don't see how people can survive with such terrible tabbing! The tab closing system is just bad, and I don't see why I should have to install an extension in order to fix the poorly designed UI. I still hate the addressbar being the same for all tabs. That's stupid, it looks like when I hit enter all of the tabs will load that page. That's what it says intuitively. CTRL+Tab sucks ass. Where's my preview of which tab I am going to get to next? Why does it go in tab order instead of visited order? Finally, why does it freeze for 10 seconds every time I change tabs once I hit 20 tabs. You know, at first I thought Firefox wasn't bad. Good for the world perhaps. Then I thought it was average. Now I find it's a steaming pile of {censored}. Is there any reason for having UI designers who have no f***ing clue what they are doing?

you are so totaly right bro!!

firefox may be the best for windows but it sucks ass for mac