iDeneb v1.3 10.5.5 Released!

Jack Layne

593 posts in this topic

Hi Layne and guys

I dont want to be sound rude. i just want know if its normal to have 39 secs of booting time using Ideneb. B4 im using iatkos their latest version i got 18 secs of booting time or its just me experiencing this. it would be nice if someone give me an enlightenement.Thnks

Layne, could you add ATI SB600 IDE Drivers to the install disc, pre-setup? This is probably why I got the "waiting for root device error". I'm using a Pioneer IDE drive which is recognised as superdrive and I'd hate to change it. Lawless has the driver built into the distro. Thanks in advance, I'd really appreciate it.

Hi Layne and guys

I dont want to be sound rude. i just want know if its normal to have 39 secs of booting time using Ideneb. B4 im using iatkos their latest version i got 18 secs of booting time or its just me experiencing this. it would be nice if someone give me an enlightenement.Thnks

I have 8 minutes 56 seconds boottime.. ;)

Thats it!!! Got my GPU working, QE/CI etc working. Orange diskicons gone by editing IOAHCIFamily.kext, JMicron shown as JMicron (AHCI) by editing AppleAHCIPort.kext.

Things to do: ICH8R is shown as Unknown AHCI-controller. Solution??????

During -v startup there is something about a USB device Unkknown; this message seems to repeat several times! Solution??????

@delios

Found the solution in another post, but I don't know where... fortunately I wrote it down:

boot with -s for single user

enter the two commands it lists at the bottom to mount your drives

then enter

passwd root

make up a password, enter it twice

then enter this command:

touch /var/db/.AppleSetupDone

(note the dot after db/)

reboot and you should be able to login with user root and password you typed

did that... still not working...

i'm new at this... just downloaded Ideneb 1.3 10.5.5 ...

recorded in a DVD ...

after booting..

the round logo.. goes on for ever.. then get stucked...

so... i searched online...

did another try with -v parameter...

there was an error with my Ethernet card... which is broadcom....

so i disabled it from bios and tried again..

this time the problem was with something else...

Checked it..

Its giving something like raidserver not responding.. diskattribution unable to mount .. read only directory... read_write fail.. n all kinda weirdo messages..

dunno what to do...

tried to.. install with -s parameter.. it gives me two command..

first one went well..

second one.. gave me bunch of more errors...

[level 3] [Read UID 0] [facility com.apple.system.fs] [ErrType IO] [ERRNo 13][iOType Write] [PBlkNUM 5958] ..... bla bla...

I do have a fresh Fat32 Primary 32 GB partion available...

have two sata drive ... installed... non-raid...

two IDE dvd drive...

Dell Dimension 8400 mobo..

Vista ..

Nvidia 8800 GS

Any ideas ? solutions? comment? help ?

thanks

Unfortunately I made the ethernent unplug to solve the "do not trensfer ..." loop problem but still the same asn the same problem I am really dissapointed and it seems there is no solution. Any other Ideas? In the last iDeneb 1.1 1.5.4 that problem was solved as they are saying but now what causes that problem?

I have a problem with mine that maybe somebody could help with.

The install ran perfectly and the computer runs fine, but sometimes when running the OS, it just randomly locks up. I dont get the spinning beach ball or anything, the computer just locks up totally. I'm not exactly sure why, but I can post system specs later tonight if needed.

I have an Intel Core 2 Duo e6400

Nvida 8600gt

4gb's of ram

my network card is an nforce card but im using a USB to ethernet adapter instead because the forcedeth drivers dont seem to work for me.

I am also using the 9.2 Sleep kernel, not sure if maybe thats the problem and I should be using a different one.

Any help would be greatly thanked, and if there is another system spec you need please let me know.

-Thank you

Unfortunately I made the ethernent unplug to solve the "do not trensfer ..." loop problem but still the same asn the same problem I am really dissapointed and it seems there is no solution. Any other Ideas? In the last iDeneb 1.1 1.5.4 that problem was solved as they are saying but now what causes that problem?

Did you try my suggestion above? That was for 1.1 (10.5.4) I haven't even d/l'd 10.5.5, but the problem wasn't solved in .4 till I did the steps above (http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act=findpost&pid=910115)

@shamual:

I think it's fault of the DVD drive which is IDE. But I can't be sure, since noone replied on any of my two posts asking if this thing would work on IDE DVD Drives... :/

My guess is, no it probably won't work on IDE DVD. When Leopard first came out I couldn't get any version of it to install using my IDE DVD burner, so I went and bought a USB drive (hey I needed a dual-layer burner anyway) and then it worked.

I have a problem with mine that maybe somebody could help with.

The install ran perfectly and the computer runs fine, but sometimes when running the OS, it just randomly locks up. I dont get the spinning beach ball or anything, the computer just locks up totally. I'm not exactly sure why, but I can post system specs later tonight if needed.

I have an Intel Core 2 Duo e6400

Nvida 8600gt

4gb's of ram

my network card is an nforce card but im using a USB to ethernet adapter instead because the forcedeth drivers dont seem to work for me.

I am also using the 9.2 Sleep kernel, not sure if maybe thats the problem and I should be using a different one.

Any help would be greatly thanked, and if there is another system spec you need please let me know.

-Thank you

Sounds like a sleep issue to me. Do the lockups happen while you're actively using the machine, or after a period of inactivity?

Ok. Without enabling the X3100 support, this works as well as the iATKOS 10.5.4 on my Toshiba Satellite L310

1. Need to replace the IOPCIFamily from chun nan to get my broadcom 4321 wifi working.

2. Trackpad is detected as mouse.

3. When trying to put the notebook to sleep, it will try to go into sleep mode, and then "wakes up".

4. Not sure if speedstep works though.

My turn to have an issue...

Was able to install iDeneb 1.3, and it installed great, without any problems. I was able to get the problematic hardware working without issues... So far so good right?

Now my DVD drive doesn't work. If I go in to System Profiler, it says that no Disc Burning device was found, but if I check under USB, it shows a USB2.0 CRW device. I am assuming that is my DVD drive...?

The drive is an Optiarc DVD-RW AD-7563A-(PM). Now it worked perfectly when running Kalyway 10.5.2 and JaS 10.5.4. Could it be the kernel I am using? I installed with the default 9.5.0 vanilla kernel, or could it be a kext getting in the way?

I am unsure the solution, and would appreciate any ideas anyone may have. Thanks.

~Don

@delios

Found the solution in another post, but I don't know where... fortunately I wrote it down:

boot with -s for single user

enter the two commands it lists at the bottom to mount your drives

then enter

passwd root

make up a password, enter it twice

then enter this command:

touch /var/db/.AppleSetupDone

(note the dot after db/)

reboot and you should be able to login with user root and password you typed

@spockers

First of all thank you for this info.... My problem here is that I cannot make password.. there is not such a command I tried to enter passwd root and it says passwd: command not found

Maybe the command will be pwd but I tried also and I had just a slash as an answer and then the -sh-3.2# prompt can you help me about that...

@spockers

First of all thank you for this info.... My problem here is that I cannot make password.. there is not such a command I tried to enter passwd root and it says passwd: command not found

Maybe the command will be pwd but I tried also and I had just a slash as an answer and then the -sh-3.2# prompt can you help me about that...

pwd just means "print working directory" which tells you what directory you're in, which is usually "/" (the root directory).

Very odd that it couldn't find the passwd command. Are you booting from the install on hard drive, or the DVD? It won't work from the DVD as it's read-only. Also make sure you enter the two mount commands listed above the prompt (I forget the exact syntax and am in Windows atm so I can't check but it's something like /sbin/mount -fy etc).

If passwd still doesn't work, let me know and I'll find out the exact path to it, but it may take me awhile, I'm d/l'ing JaS 10.5.4 so have no OSX atm. I'm sure someone else here knows where the passwd command is and will hopefully beat me to it. :rolleyes:

EDIT: a quick google search says it's in sbin so try

/sbin/passwd root

Thanks for the release, going to give this a try as a fresh install

I'm using v1.1 at the moment and it´s the best hackintosh for my configuration.It´s have same SB SATA issures but working yust great.

Thanks for your work.

PD:Seria posible habrir un hilo en español en el foro del sitio de ideneb, :D gracias.

Sounds like a sleep issue to me. Do the lockups happen while you're actively using the machine, or after a period of inactivity?

It seems more to happen when I don't use the computer for a bit, like when i leave it to download a larger file. At first I thought Adium was causing the problem for some reason, but it continued to happen when that was closed. It happens most often when I have a USB drive plugged in, or when I am downloading a file using firefox, I have not tried safari to see what would happen yet.

-Thanks for the quick reply.

Also, do you think I should maybe try a different kernel when installing? When I used Kalyway I would always use the 9.2 sleep kernel which seemed to work fine, but I'm not sure if there was a change with it when iDeneb 1.3 was released.

Guys I need some help with USB Wireless. It can DETECT wireless networks but when I click CONNECT nothing happens. (tried it with and without password protection)

When i removed my password, it worked for a few seconds, loaded yahoo and it died off again. Can't connect since. What could be the problem?

My Spec:

Motherboard: ASUSTek Computer Inc PFP800 (Intel i865P/PE/G/i848P)

Processor: Intel Pentium 4 CPU 2.40GHz

CPU instructions: MMX, SSE, SSE2

Ram: 2gb (probably 667)

Hard Disk: 320gb IDE (empty)

Graphic: ATI Radeoon 9200 Series 256mb

Network: D-Link Airplus G DWL-G122 Wireless

Network(2): 3COM Gigabit LOM

Custom:

Audio: AC97Audio

Chipset: ICHx Fixed

Kernel: 9.2.0 Sleep

Ethernet: Skge Marvell