iDeneb v1.3 10.5.5 Released!

Jack Layne

593 posts in this topic

hello, I have installed 10.5.5 and I restored users etc from time machine. When I rebooted I see all the users as Standard and non as Admin. The result is I cannot unlock any of the settings in system preferences. How can I add one of the users to group admins if all the users are Standard. Thanks

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1274?viewlocale=en_US

hope that helps..

masterpiece

Just installed on a BadAxe2 board. PATA DVD/RW onto a SATA HD. Everything but audio running out of the gates. had to run the patcher and the mic input doesn't work, but this is how it has been since tiger. The only thing that isn't 100% is in About This Mac, my overclock speed isn't showing. If that is my only gripe, then I'm a happy camper! It seems to boot and shutdown a whole lot faster than with other builds too. Everything within the OS is VERY responsive, and I haven't had any kernel panics or beach balls.

Congrats iDeneb, you've got a fan!!!!

I read the p45 chipset thread and got the modded bios but im unsure if I need this with iDeneb v1.3 10.5.5. Does anyone have a p45 chipset or a asus p5q x motherboard working? If so what software, settings and hardware options did you use?

Thank you for your time

Spec's

p5q-e

q6600 oc@ 3.4

2 gigs of ddr2 @ 865 mhz

8600 gt

onboard sound and nic

2 sata 2 500 gig hard drives running raid 0

ide dvdrom that will be used through usb

"Waiting for root device" fixed. Seems choosing the *older* nForce drivers worked out.

Now I just need to find a stable way to use my Netgear FA113 - the current method I am using is to use an older version of "IONetworkingFamily" which seems to support it, newer ones don't. However that does cause some stability issues. Anyone know of a better way? (the onboard network doesn't seem to notice when I plug a cable in, although it shows up as a port).

I read the p45 chipset thread and got the modded bios but im unsure if I need this with iDeneb v1.3 10.5.5. Does anyone have a p45 chipset or a asus p5q x motherboard working? If so what software, settings and hardware options did you use?

Thank you for your time

Spec's

p5q-e

q6600 oc@ 3.4

2 gigs of ddr2 @ 865 mhz

8600 gt

onboard sound and nic

2 sata 2 500 gig hard drives running raid 0

ide dvdrom that will be used through usb

I have a laptop asus m70v - and its a p45 chipset - i am also using a modded bios BUT i can not get it to boot after install - i can only use 10.5.4 but i need 10.5.5 to allow my nvidia 9600m gs video card to work with xdarwins app.

so i have no luck getting 10.5.5 to boot after the install on a p45 board.

Installed perfectly on my sistem (gap35ds3p+q6600) but i can´t do dual boot, installed osx in another disk than windows xp... tried chain0+boot.ini trick but having "chain boot" error... this doesn´t happend with my "leo4all" installation...

any idea?

PD: i tryed with easybsd don´t worked... i dont know if a do correctly... :P HELP!

my dvd dirve wont show up and i need it by tomorrow for a school project (iLife '08 Install DVD)

Its not even in disk util!

its a optiarc dvd rw ad-7563a

plz, any help is welcomed. i haven't ever had a proble with this drive before in the 10.5.2 i used to have :/

I had the same problem. Either reinstall and select ICHx option or go this topic and read up on the subject to get your dvd drive working. Hope that helps you.

WOW :D Tried the release before this and it took AGES to install and randomly froze and graphics were really slow :S. This one boots fast, installs fast, and works great.

Thanks for the great release :)

It just works if I install it on a Intel PC with already the kalyway 10.5.1... If I install it directly it doesn starts(stops in apple page)..But its ok, its working.

My problem is just that when I install it my keyboard stops working and I don't know how to turn it on because I think this version doenst have my keyboard drive because I can change in leopard the layout of my keyboard, but it continues not working, it doentst even know that I have a keyboard.

Someone knows how can I fix it? Thanks

---- edit ----

Its a notebook Acer 3690 - 2023

Hi everyone, I am having a small problem with this release, I am getting the same error as mrwet with my hardware:

2c35c0d8524ft.jpg

My hardware is as follows

ASUS p5k premium - almost identical to a deluxe

Q6600

8GB RAM

I am trying to get my onboard Marvell Yukon to work but keep getting that same error. I know it should be possible since it worked with kalyway.

The options I'm selecting are as follows:

Sound - ADI1988B

Chipset - ichx fix and jmicron (tried with and without it, and with it enabled and disabled in bios)

graphics - non, I'll take care of it with EFI strings later

Ethernet - Appleyukon2 on and off, no effect

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

downloading over 48 hours and only at 29.5%

i,ve tried leo4all 10.5.4 worked on first install after 1 week stop booting and won't reinstall even on completely formated drive ???

hope this release works for me at this speed i should be trying sometime next week

When I rebooted I see all the users as Standard and non as Admin. The result is I cannot unlock any of the settings in system preferences. How can I add one of the users to group admins if all the users are Standard. Thanks

Same thing happened to me, here is what I have done:

1. Boot into single user mode, F8 at boot, and type -s into prompt

2. Mount disk read/write

passwd root

You will need to type root's new password two times.

4. Type exit and press enter. This will boot you into OSX

5. Now create new user that will be temporarily Administrator. To unlock System Preferences type root as username, and password that you gave to root account

6. Login as new temp administrator, open terminal and type this

dscl localhost -append /Groups/admin GroupMembership username

7. Reboot

This was only way that worked for me.

Hello!

I'm downloading it now and want to know what should i pick from the list if my computer is:

AMD Athlon 64 3200+

512mb Ram

Seagate 250gb HDD ata

Abit KN8-sli nforce 4

Ati x1300

AMDPATCH

kernel: sleep

chipset: nforce driver

for ati x1300 there is't driver

audio: i don't know chip.....

Cri900

Hi Layne!

Is there any news regarding to solution to problems with ATI HD cards? Or shall I try ideneb 10.5.4? Does that work?

Thanks!

Caitya

We are very testing the new release with the ATI graphics cards, so there are no more problems .....

Thank you and sorry for the wait

Hey Great release heres a some dvd disc art to print on your

fresh ideneb DVD to stop it getting lost in the clutter - ideneb dvd cover

Enjoy

post-113539-1223829825_thumb.jpg

Good work :D