iDeneb v1.3 10.5.5 Released!

Jack Layne

593 posts in this topic

After install it hangs on the grey bootscreen. In verbose mode after my dvd drive there is a message coming that tells me 'still waiting for root device'. I have a gigabte ep35-ds3r mainboard with ICH9 chipset. i installed those drivers within the setup, too. I tried it 4 or 5 times now. anybody an idea what it could be? iAtkos and kalyway are working without any problem here.

Had the same problem with the same mobo, installing both ICH9 fix and Jmicron ATA fix solved this problem.

Any information on getting this to run with the 790i, what kexts do i need to put in if so can you link em or PM me them. I tried all day to no prevail and i need some help =). I get stuck at "Waiting for root" and i cant get past it with IDeneb,kalway boot132 with a retail disk all the same thing and im sure if i get the right kext it will work. Or if you have the 790i can you tell me how you got it working? I know my Sata DVD drives arent bad because I took them out of my old Dell Hackintosh for my new rig.

Could not get this to successfully install.

It boots o.k, but after I go pass the screen that allows you to customise types of kext and kernels to install, the horrible spinning beach ball came up and stayed there. Where is the option to set "EFI GUID" or "EFI MBR"?

Back to the only other distro I have in possession: Kalyway 10.5.1 - installed successfully.

I was trying to install iDeneb 1.3 10.5.5 successful today. Installation was sucefful, but i cant boot in macos - it gets to freeze after:

2c35c0d8524ft.jpg

My hardware:

CPU: Core2Quad Q6600

RAM: 2x2 Gb PC6400

MB: ASUS P5KR ( P35 / ICH9R )

AUDIO: Realtek ALC883

VIDEO: GeForce 9600GT 512mb (btw, any support in macos? i doesnt want hear this 100% fan speed ^^)

LAN: Realtek 8139 (pci) & Attansic L1 (mb)

HDD: 120Gb IDE seagate via jMicron

I have selected:

AUDIO > ALC883

CHIPSET > ICHx Fixed & jMicronATA

ETHERNET > AttansicL1

NVIDIA > NVinject 0.2.1 > NVinject 0.2.1 512MB

Any help?  :)

i installed iDeneb 10.5.5 but when i start it gets stuck at:

Interface network, cant update platform UUID // Something like that

but i can run it in -x mode.

options i selected:

ichx & jmircron ata

iousbfix

my hardware:

core2duo e6300

intel dg965ry motherboard.

2 sata hdds

1 ide dvd

2 gb ddr2ram

Hey Layne_ and the other ones :D

I'm currently using the iAtkos 10.5.4 with no injects except for the ViaRhine.kext - running fine on:

- ASrock 4CoreDual-VSTA

- Core2Duo E4300 (@2 GHz)

- 2 Gigs of RAM

- 40 Gigs ATA HDD

- USB DVDRW Drive

(nVidia FX 5200 256 Megs, but no injection)

Updating to 10.5.5 didn't work so I'd like to do a fresh install of iDeneb v1.3 (burned it already) on the same Hardware.

What am I doing wrong? After installation the Bootloader comes up but then the system is being reset completely.

The other thing is that I'd like to install v1.3 on my Toshiba Satellite A300-1HP.

It comes up with an Intel Core2Duo T8100, 4 Gigs of RAM and ATI HD 3650 graphics. There it is not even installing properly. After the installation when the circle comes up it hangs after quite some time.

What shall I do? Thanks a lot for your help and a hopefully wonderful release of 10.5.5 :D

Regards

masterpiece

Hi all,

This is great distribution, it worked for me like a charm.

Deneb is installed on separate hard drive on GPT partion.

I have only problem with dual booting with Vista and Vista boot loader. I have used EasyBCD and replaces nst_boot.mbr file with boot0 from EFI_v8 or Chameleon EFI, but I got always error: Boot0 or it takes me back to the boot menu. So for now only solution is to go to the BIOS every time and change the boot priority.

I did not have any problems before with Leo4All installation with dual booting.

Any idea? Maybe to use some other boot0 file?

Thanks,

Stibra

Hi all,

This is great distribution, it worked for me like a charm.

Deneb is installed on separate hard drive on GPT partion.

I have only problem with dual booting with Vista and Vista boot loader. I have used EasyBCD and replaces nst_boot.mbr file with boot0 from EFI_v8 or Chameleon EFI, but I got always error: Boot0 or it takes me back to the boot menu. So for now only solution is to go to the BIOS every time and change the boot priority.

I did not have any problems before with Leo4All installation with dual booting.

Any idea? Maybe to use some other boot0 file?

Thanks,

Stibra

Don't you have an option to select first boot device during POST screen? I just click F12 select my OSX hardrive and off I go, perfect dual boot. No need to mess with Vista boot loader or similar nonsense.

hi there,

i also had a problem with scrambled graphics after install. This one really helped.

on install i tried many diffrent options. now i am running mach_kernel, alc889, jmicron+ichx, shutdown_fix, nothing else.

i tried the ati_base plus ati 3870, i tried only ati 3870 but didn´t also work for me.

but my ideneb isn´t working very stable. many crashes (kernel panics). now i removed my second internal IDE drive and it seems to work fine. strange. anybody same problem?

on iDeneb v1.2 i didn´t have kernel_panics with internal IDE attached. graphic´s also worked perfectly.

so far... for me iDeneb is a great release, but also a little bit tricky

this release works great for me except the atheros wireless card I have has a strange problem. It is recognised, and airport display's all available networks but when I select mine it won't authenticate with the passphase. I have tried changing my encryption from WPA2-PSK/AES to WPA-PSK/AES without success, any ideas?

thanks

Zarf

First of all, thanks to Layne, insanelymac Team and anyone involved in working on this. I googled for 'ideneb 10.5.5 torrent' and found an official homepage -

http://ideneb.insanelymac.net/index.php/la...b-v13-1055.html

I also found that after a week this release is now seeded fairly well on most large public torrent trackers (D*m*n**d, TPB, M*n*Nova, etc.) but what is the overall verdict from end users? Does anyone have any success stories compared to previous releases? How does the overall effort compare to patching a retail release with BOOT-132? I'm still very happy with my mostly vanilla setup but eager to test the XNU kernel for the potential performance boost and speedstep/sleep fixes ...

Should our hackintosh community now be discouraging these types of [obviously illegal] releases? and encouraging the development of better, legal, auto-patching tools for retail installs? I openly admit to being a user of all kinds of installation methods but I would now like to support the development of legitimate hackintosh usage if made a touch easier than lots of manual patching and tweaking.

How much effort goes into creating these easy-to-use/fire-n-forget releases? Are there build scripts for them which can also be provided for the community to play with? Finally, can these very useful and fully automated DVD installer images be stripped down to just the official patch differences and other customised [and legitimately developed?] component kexts, etc. then used somehow to auto-patch a retail disk for specific target hardware (i.e. a slipstream image creation script/tool) or even merged with a boot-132 image and a script which asks for a retail disk to create/burn end results similar to this release? Similar freeware exists for Windows (i.e. N-Lite) which is very popular and I think would be an excellent idea ...?

update on my experience, I was having alot of problems with crashing using this release, my network card was not working but worked out of the box in other releases. I copies the IOnetworkingfamily.kext from another release and that worked for a day and then stoped. I was about to just reload Kalyway but thought I would try a different network card. I bought a Netgear GA311 PCI and the OSX found the new card and is solid now. I didn't have these problems with Kalyway and the Intel 82558 card but iDeneb does. The iDeneb release is very snappy and feels much quicker then before. I am using VMware fusion with a Windows XP VM and both OS's are running great.

Hey Layne_ and the other ones :)

I'm currently using the iAtkos 10.5.4 with no injects except for the ViaRhine.kext - running fine on:

- ASrock 4CoreDual-VSTA

- Core2Duo E4300 (@2 GHz)

- 2 Gigs of RAM

- 40 Gigs ATA HDD

- USB DVDRW Drive

(nVidia FX 5200 256 Megs, but no injection)

Updating to 10.5.5 didn't work so I'd like to do a fresh install of iDeneb v1.3 (burned it already) on the same Hardware.

What am I doing wrong? After installation the Bootloader comes up but then the system is being reset completely.

The other thing is that I'd like to install v1.3 on my Toshiba Satellite A300-1HP.

It comes up with an Intel Core2Duo T8100, 4 Gigs of RAM and ATI HD 3650 graphics. There it is not even installing properly. After the installation when the circle comes up it hangs after quite some time.

What shall I do? Thanks a lot for your help and a hopefully wonderful release of 10.5.5 :(

Regards

masterpiece

Could someone please write a line or two :/ I'd really like to have this set up as quickly as possible!

Regards

masterpiece

Works like a charm on my ACER 5560, 2gb ram, acer p223w external monitor. does not display extended monitor and wireless not working that i don't mind as am using my laptop as a desktop with my acer 22" monitor. Performance is perfect. I am dual booting using my external hard disk to boot mac ideneb 10.5.5 and my internal to boot vista using the F12 option on my 5560 to select boot option.