iDeneb v1.3 10.5.5 Released!

Jack Layne

593 posts in this topic

pwd just means "print working directory" which tells you what directory you're in, which is usually "/" (the root directory).

Very odd that it couldn't find the passwd command. Are you booting from the install on hard drive, or the DVD? It won't work from the DVD as it's read-only. Also make sure you enter the two mount commands listed above the prompt (I forget the exact syntax and am in Windows atm so I can't check but it's something like /sbin/mount -fy etc).

If passwd still doesn't work, let me know and I'll find out the exact path to it, but it may take me awhile, I'm d/l'ing JaS 10.5.4 so have no OSX atm. I'm sure someone else here knows where the passwd command is and will hopefully beat me to it. :(

EDIT: a quick google search says it's in sbin so try

/sbin/passwd root

/sbin is a directrory that exist and this is right. But when I give /sbin/passwd root it give mes /sbin/passwd not such directory. I have installed OSX on disk3s5 and I have no boot options on MBR so I boot from DVD and then then I try F8 and rd=disk3s5 Now if I go -s how can it boot from disk3s5 as it is obvious that I have booted from DVD ?

What would i need to select during setup, to get this working with my PC :

nForce 4 Intel Edition ( MSI P4N SLI )

it says something like MCP-04 Northbridge and nForce 4 Intel Edition Southbridge.

Pentium 4 HT 3,6ghz ( 660 )

775 Socket

360gig Sata-II Hard Disk

Geforce 9600 GT ( I know, its not fully supported, but i can manage install it to change res )

i cann install all my hardware myself, just need to get this thing booting up.

Thanks in Advcane for any help, i havent used osx86 since 10.5.1 from Kalyway, an it installed good, but i cannot find the dvd anymore so i am planning on getting a new release directly so i dont need to bother combo-updating an old version..

Regards, need

No, I've tried this.

In system_profiler, my audio(built in) says just : Intel High Defination Audio device id: 0x17AA20F2

but under windows audio devices:

Conexant High Definition SmartAudio 221

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_14F1&DEV_5051&SUBSYS_17AA211C&REV_1000

while system devices:

High Definition Audio Controller

ID PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_293E&SUBSYS_20F217AA&REV_03

so which one is rite? I'm really confused

And should I put the 0xid into AppleAzaliaAudio.kext/plugins/AppleAzaliaAudioController.kext/Info.plist?

@shamual:

I think it's fault of the DVD drive which is IDE. But I can't be sure, since noone replied on any of my two posts asking if this thing would work on IDE DVD Drives... :/

any news on IDE drives?

i've always used one and no problems with JaS or Leo4All releases so far.

regards!

hi Cris900,i have a sound related problem.

This happened to me on two consecutive ideneb1.3 installs, no idea what the problem is. Without relation to a install, on a restart(random but definitive), sound just does not work. The card shows on profiler(yes, i use a kext that displays card info in profiler), but the outputs/inputs are absent. Tried installing other (tested as working on other releases) audio drivers/even efi string/even different vanillas of applesmbios, but without success. Weird! Anyway i'm forced to install a different release now.

My specs are bellow, audio chipset is ALC883. Permissions are fine. No errors, besides the carbonlib, which i fixed with your archive.

All,

any help would be great, I have reinstalled Ideneb, and used the 9.4 kernel, this time, when ever i run multiple things, i get a kernel panic and have to restart. There is no program that i can pick out that causes this, and its at random times, any info or help would be great please let me know what i need to post for help.

Thanks

/sbin is a directrory that exist and this is right. But when I give /sbin/passwd root it give mes /sbin/passwd not such directory. I have installed OSX on disk3s5 and I have no boot options on MBR so I boot from DVD and then then I try F8 and rd=disk3s5 Now if I go -s how can it boot from disk3s5 as it is obvious that I have booted from DVD ?

put the -s -v after rd=disk3s5 then do the steps from my post. The rd option makes it boot from the hard drive (well sorta). Your boot options should be:

rd=disk3s5 -s -v

I have been unable to run vanilla kernels using iAtkosv3 and Leo4Allv3 without entering a reboot loop. I've been told this is probably due to some kind of hardware incompatibility (check my signature for specs). Is there any reason this release might change that?

I'd really love to use vanilla kernels and am planning a reinstall of Leopard on a clean drive in the near future anyway. If anyone has any suggestions it would would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Josh

In the past I've been all Kalyway but I gave this release a try and am extremely impressed. Everything is working perfectly on my system. All the software I've installed runs without a hitch (Photoshop, Final Cut, Painter X, iLife, iWork...). I've yet to run into a single problem. Parallels with Vista x86 runs beautifully. I couldn't be more satisfied.

Try this release & it's not good for me.

Can't load in normal mode, only with "-x" system can start.

All disk icons in orange colour & detect as removable drives.

D-link dwa-556 not detected in this release (kaliway detect it as Airport Extreme).

May be somebody know any way to fix it????

did anyone got it workking on a dell d420 or 620?

i tried it at least 10 times with all kind of variations of those custom fixes and drivers, but none worked. i encounterd two kind of failures....blackscreen after bootscreen, i think the system is running, but doesnt show up on the display....and the other error is a "forbidden sign" in the bootscreen after some seconds.

Hi guys.

I have MSI laptop based on MicroStar motherboard (MS-1636X) with Intel Chipset (PM965) and Southbridge 82801HBM (ICH8-ME). HardDisk is SATA and DVD is ATA.

During Ideneb installation I get that f.... error: "Still waiting for root....".

Does it mean definitely, that I will never install OSX on this machine? :angel:

I have also tried Iatkos, Leo4all, Kalyway and more and I always get this error during installation. I just hope that there is some "trick" to install OSX anyway...

After install it hangs on the grey bootscreen. In verbose mode after my dvd drive there is a message coming that tells me 'still waiting for root device'. I have a gigabte ep35-ds3r mainboard with ICH9 chipset. i installed those drivers within the setup, too. I tried it 4 or 5 times now. anybody an idea what it could be? iAtkos and kalyway are working without any problem here.

I have finally installed it, but I had many problems.

Functional problems:

1- the GMA950 drivers don't work. No resolution switching and many artifacts.

2- the ALC662 driver does not work and comlains about pin configuration.

3- much slower boot compared with iATKOS 10.5.4 manual update to 10.5.5

4- firefox was in italian??!! - what gives

5- extra applications are inside a folder inside the application folder.

Cosmetic problems:

1- default desktop background is not nice - default space wallpaper not present

2- about this mac says iDeneb v10.5.5 not Mac OS X 10.5.5

I don't mean to brag or anything and I honoustly appreciate your work layne. Apart from the above problems which I solved by using backups I had, this is a good release. Thank you layne.

This release works perfect for my computer.

My specs:

CPU: AMD 64 X2 4800

MEMORY:2GB DDR2 667

VIDEO:ASUS Nvidia GeForce EN 7300 GT SILENT 256 MB DDR2

MotherBoard: ASUS M2A-VM HDMI, Chipset Northbridge AMD 690G, Southbridge ATI SB600

LAN: PCIe Gigabit

SOUND: Realtek ALC 883

Storage: 1 SATA2 160GB(vista installed), 1 SATA 80GB(ideneb installed)

MONITOR: ViewSonic VA1703wb

PRINTER HP Deskjet F380(works fine with Foomatic/hpijs opendriver)

Software tested:

iLife 08(iDVD and iMOVIE update one time, works perfect),iWork 08(works fine)

Thanks for this great release!!!!!!!

Try this release & it's not good for me.

Can't load in normal mode, only with "-x" system can start.

All disk icons in orange colour & detect as removable drives.

D-link dwa-556 not detected in this release (kaliway detect it as Airport Extreme).

May be somebody know any way to fix it????

if Radeon HD try this link worked for me.

other problem with this release was a usb hub... But maybe it is just a faulty hub. :-/