iDeneb v1.3 10.5.5 Released!

Jack Layne

593 posts in this topic

Soul_bright;

No it isn't...?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, this is weird...:

When I boot using -v, I see a few errors about FireWire, and WRITE and READ failed, but the installation-wizard loads. The only problem is I can't use my mouse, so I can't really install it.

When I boot without -v, I see the same thing I saw before:

Apple logo with spinning wheel -> circle with diagonal line -> waited almost 10 minutes -> nothing happens.

Stupid as I am, I forgot to take a picture, but I didn't see something really interesting, so I think it's not necessary.

A bit of information about my laptop: (Don't know a program to get all the information)

Laptop: MSI Megabook S271

Processor: AMD Turion64 X2

Graphics: ATI Whatever

Memory: 1GB

Thanks!, great jobs!!

In my case, I tried 9.2.0 Sleep (Intel/AMD/SSE2/SSE3)kernel and voodoo9.5 ALPHA_7 kernel,both i can boot from these kernels.

But voodoo9.5 ALPHA_7 kernel has little problem, that shows wrong cpu speed in "about this Mac".

iDeneb v1.3 10.5.5 is nice response and quick boot.

I can use parallels with windowsXPSP3.

so nice,

Thanks!

kernel:voodoo9.5 ALPHA_7 kernel and 9.2.0 Sleep (Intel/AMD/SSE2/SSE3)kernel

CPU:Intel Core 2 Duo 2.33

Mobo:BIOSTAR TF7150U-M7 fsb:1333MHz Chipset:Geforce7150/nForce630i

Ram:2GB×2(800MHz)

Graphics:ELSA 8600GTS(Core Image,Quartz Extreame OK)

HD:SATA2 500GB,250GB( iDeneb10.5.5)

Esata 80GB(Sata2,iDeneb10.5.5), 160GB(Sata2 Vista)

*SiliconImage3132 with SONNET SataE2P Pci-x card

Networks:Realtek RTL8168/8111 Family

Soud : USB card Only (Arvel HAMU2BK)*C-media USB HeadphoneSet

DVD :HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-H62N

i got it to install but it wont reboot when its suppose to.So i manually shut it off,boot up the drive i installed leopard on and a apple screen pops up and nothing else.

i get this error on -v.

http://www.picoodle.com/view.php?img=/3/9/...g&srv=img26

(not my picture)

What do i do?I've tried a couple more combination's, but i am getting tired of doing all of it over and over again.

Has anyone tried installing this on Intel motherboard D975XBX2, AKA BadAxe2? I tried making different selections, I initialized the HD using GUID and MBR, selected some fixes here and there, but so far it stalls when it's two minutes away from finishing the installation. Nothing happens so I have to do a hard reset.

That gray no entry icon on the gray Apple icon with gray spinning clock face shows

Waiting for root device

if you use the -v switch at boot.

I get it too at trying to boot from the HD even though the install on the HD seems completely normal. I have even tried using the Voodoo 9.5 alpha 13 kernel but the result is always the same.

Not found a way round it yet for this distro. The machine works fine with Kalyway 10.5.4 though so not too worried.

I just got an ASUS Eee Pc 901 - 20GB Xandros (Linux) preinstalled - and am trying to install this, following this guide:

http://www.maceee.com/how-to-mac-os-x-1054...1-1000h-27.html

After 2 failed attempts, I removed the USB external DVD drive during the initial installation reboot ('installation finished, you must restart now') - and this caused it to boot into the Welcome/Registration screen. Previously leaving the DVD drive connected would cause the computer to boot back into the Installer.

However, now I get to the third step of the Welcome process - 'would you like to transfer information from another mac' and when I click 'do not transfer info at this time' followed by the continue button, the screen goes black, rainbow pinwheel spins for a while, and it kicks me back to the initial Welcome screen. Choosing different languages and keyboards in the first 2 steps has no effect.

Help? Or does only 10.5.4 work on the eee line?

ETA:

I tried 10.5.4 and reenabling the various BIOS stuff BEFORE going through registration gets me out of the loop, presumably because the next step was network related.

However, with 10.5.4 installed - and working mostly great - no wireless, no ethernet. The Ralink / WirelessUtilityCardbusPCI app doesn't find anything when I 'rescan' despite multiple restarts. I can handle some flaws but I must have wireless!

This release is not good.I have major issues,the most important being the video.I get a blue screen after booting from the HD.The only way of getting video output is by booting with the -x flag.I dont have ATI or nVidia.I am using the Intel X3100 and i have succesfully installed every single version of OSX on my laptop but not this one.It installs and only boots with video output in safe mode.

For the time being i am going back to Jas OSX86 10.5.4 until a decent 10.5.5 release is out.

hello

brand new 10.5.5 with vanilla 9.4 and without ati driver :

---->sound ok

----> lan (signature) does nt work :) normally out of box???

i try natit 3870x2 by netkas :i can change the resolution (1920x1200 :) ) but when i reboot i have :"InterfaceNamer: no network interfaces, could not update platform UUID "

grrrrrr

Nog even toevoegen voor de Nederlanders hier;

Pak de 1.3 dvd en niet de 1.1, na een herinstal van 1.1 over 1.1 om Nederlands te krijgen blijf je account problemen hebben, echter gaat het met de 1.3 keer op keer in een keer goed.

Some feedback, my original airport card is found by the 1.3 dvd, where the 1.1 dvd wouldn't find it.

My bluetooth mighty mouse isn't detected at the install, while the bluetooth is recognised, no difference from 1.1.

The custom 9.4 included on the dvd is really much faster, I can almost watch hd tv streams now without the v/a out of sync.

My sound doesn't work anymore, and I hear that about all kind of distros/installations upgraded to 10.5.5, it's easily solved though, maybe adding some new kext's?

For my alc888 card the Taruga drivers solved it, though only sound now and no mic or digital out anymore like before.

one thing worth of adding might be this kext; http://www.mediafire.com/?rpjxduvifls

I tested it and I could upgrade all the way from 10.5.1 to 10.5.5 without problems, as long as I manually deleted the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext, the guides on this forums on how to automatically delete that file aren't working for me on any distro.

This kext actually, I think, makes osx not use that kext, and makes it possible to install the update without stopping the install at a certain % time after time.

I'm not sure who the author is, so can't give credits, but I'm sure it's usefull for future updates.

But in the end my system is running for like 99% now, it feels even smoother than windows, hence, it plays even 1080i streams with almost not being out of sync, on a gma950 chipset :)

As others have stated, the X3100 video is broken in this release. It's due to the 10.5.5 update. Mine installed fine, but booted to a blue screen, which then switched to black as the intro movie played (not shown, but heard). Here's how I got around it:

1. Hard crash it, then boot into single user mode ("safe mode"). This gets you back in, able to see the screen.

2. Finish the setup (entering info, etc), then delete all the X3100 kexts from System/Library/Extensions.

3. You can now reboot, and you're in default 1024x768 display.

4. Use Pacifist to install Leopard Graphics Update 1.0.

5. Use Pacifist to install the X3100 package from the iDeneb install DVD. I had to copy the kexts over manually.

6. Reboot with the -f option.

I'm now in OSX 10.5.5 at 1280x800x32. Resolution options are all there, and everything seems snappy & smooth. 144MB VRAM reported. It needs a little more work (Quartz Extreme is off, and I get a Natit error on startup) but I believe these things are fixable with a little research. If someone finds an easier way, please share it. Hope this helps someone!

Update: Found a much better simpler method! See my post below :(

PS. Other issues:

-Included Atheros drivers still don't find my AR5006; have to install an alternate IO80211Family.kext to get Wifi working, as with last release (solved, see below).

-The included Firefox installation is still in Italian only. Perhaps a notation could be made during the install, so we don't bother installing it?

Thanks for the great release, keep up the good work!

Has anyone tried this build for HP DV 6000 or DV 9000 AMD notebooks? Many on this forum are trying to get a good build for these notebooks. but usually we have major problems with our internal keyboards or graphics.

I am downloading now, but I was hoping someone else might be able to give some details. ;)

hello

i try on new install....

gfEFIstring for 3870 x2 :driver loaded on "more info" but no res only 1024x768 ;)

new boot.plist on 1920x1200x32 ----> only 1600x1200 on desktop :o

else : no start with natit by netkas,blue screen with other drivers

toooo i m waiting for a good idea or drivers for this damn 10.5.5 :o ,in 1600x1200 :)

Hi Layne,

For some reason, I had to replace the Extensions.mkext with the one from v1.1 on the DVD. Otherwise, I couldn't boot into the installation screen (still waiting for boot device).

After that, everything works fine so far on my Acer Extensa 4420-5239. Nice job.

Can you add ALC 268 driver on your next iDeneb? Here is the link:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=82025

Thanks.

Chun-Nan

BTW, for those who have ATI IXP600/IXP700 (SB600/SB700), if your internal PATA devices don't show up after installation, you can give this kext a try. It works on my Acer Extensa but it may conflict with AppleVIAATA.

/*

* Supported devices.

*/

#define ATA_ATI_ID 0x1002

#define ATA_ATI_IXP200 0x43491002

#define ATA_ATI_IXP300 0x43691002

#define ATA_ATI_IXP300_S1 0x436e1002

#define ATA_ATI_IXP400 0x43761002

#define ATA_ATI_IXP400_S1 0x43791002

#define ATA_ATI_IXP400_S2 0x437a1002

#define ATA_ATI_IXP600 0x438c1002

#define ATA_ATI_IXP600_S1 0x43801002

#define ATA_ATI_IXP700 0x439c1002

#define ATA_ATI_IXP700_S1 0x43901002

AppleATIATA.kext.zip

Okay, you may all find this insanely funny, but...

It looks like the X3100 driver screws everything up because 10.5.5 ADDS SUPPORT FOR IT! Could it really be that easy? It was for me!

Simply install iDeneb without selecting any videocard driver. I just wiped my Mac partition and installed fresh. By not selecting "X3100," everything simply worked great. The GMA X3100 display was found, and is Hardware Accelerated / Quartz Extreme supported. 1280x800x32 by default. The intro movie played flawlessly, no fiddling needed. My Atheros AR5006 Wifi card even got detected this time around- by not selecting the Atheros driver! It shows up as an Airport Extreme.

Hope this helps everyone. Sometimes the most infuriating problems are the simplest ones :P

Screen shot attached.

post-246992-1222545546_thumb.png

This didn't work very well for me.

It installed fine, but for some reason I had to boot the disc with -v else it would hang.

I have a Nforce570 board and selected the nforcetest chipset driver, amd patch, alc888, nvkush and some other things.

First bootup, this is where the trouble begins.

I boot with -v and after a couple of minutes I'm greeted by a black screen. I figured the system may have froze or there was a problem with the graphics driver but I let it be for a little while.

After about 4-6 minutes (yes, a very long time) I finally see the desktop. (well, first I see the video introduction and such)

Sound is working, I check about my mac and then click to graphics to see that QE and hardware acceleration is enabled and it is, no problems there.

The system feels really _slow_ and I try to browse my way to youtube and start a flash movie, and it's like I'm trying to view flash with an ancient computer, it's really not smooth at all.

I don't know what causes these slowdowns, I didn't experience this with Zephy 10.5.2 release for AMD.

I'm going to try out leo4all 4.1 and hope for the best, anyway the graphics card appears to be working so could it be a problem with the nforce chipset drivers? I think leo4all uses the same ones so I might run into the same problem there. =/

Anyway, if you have an idea of what might be wrong please reply or send me a PM.

Thanks.

Hi Layne_

I've applyed your patch on the original iso, below md5 for the final iso :

[Path] / filename MD5 sum

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[d:\]

iDeneb_v1.3_10.5.5.iso 100% c32b4915c8bb7051861c75ae5c1648f8

Unfortunately, i've again the "STILL THIS FOR ROOT DEVICE " issue.

Behavior :

STILL THIS FOR ROOT DEVICE

Have you got a solution for me ?

Some hardware information

Motherboard : P5N32E SLI

CPU : E6600 o/c 3.42 Ghz

Memory : 4 Gb Corsair

HardDisk : 250 Gb (ide)

DVD : Asus DRW 1814BLT

Note : i've the same problem with sata harddisk.