iDeneb v1.3 10.5.5 Released!

Jack Layne

593 posts in this topic

I managed to download this and the previous 10.5.4 release but before I even get to the burning or attempting to install the MD5 hashes given in the word documents don't match the ISO image. I've tried redownloading but it is still the same. The 10.5.4 I found elsewhere first, the 10.5.5 I got from the *cough* green demon and it still comes up wrong. Am I the only one getting this or have I just been really unlucky with the three downloads I've now tried?

@coke15 : I've currently burn 3 DVD with speed x4 iAtkos (lastest), ideneb 10.5.4 (before this release), and Kalyway 10.5.2.

I've every time the same behavior :

SAM Multimedia: READ or WRITE failed, SENSE_KEY = 0x03, ASC = 0x3e, ASCQ = 0x02.

SAM Multimedia: READ or WRITE failed, SENSE_KEY = 0x03, ASC = 0x3e, ASCQ = 0x02.

Based on the post below : (http://www.insanelymac.com/lofiversion/index.php/t123907.html), it's appears that this problem can be solve with AppleNForceATA.kext.TEST.zip file.

This release seem have this patch :

Chipset:

• AppleNForceATA

• AppleNForceATA Test

I think that the problem is the disc. what uses for burn the dvd? i have had a similar error and was the dvd..

@Layne: - I use Verbatim DVD-R 16X certified (burn = x4)

For example :

43550.jpg

I think it's a good product

Note :

I have a ASUS SATA DVD, and I try to install these OS on an IDE Hard Disk.

This may not be compatible (for installation) but at the moment I cannot check that because script failed :)

You've done a wonderful job again Layne! I've been using your releases for my last 3 installs and very little tweaking was needed on all of them. I just installed this release on a Gigabyte EP45 DS3R and it was perfect using the 9.50 Vanilla Kernel. The only thing I had to do was to install the Psystar Realtek1000 kext for both ethernet ports to work with bonjour. The default Apple install recognizes both ports but doesn't allow bonjour services. I also used the hda enabler patch to get my Audio recognized as it must be a little bit different than the standard ALC889 one in the installer.

This is the easiest install I've had yet! Thanks a lot for your work, and your great support!

Thanks for iDeneb 10.5.5!

I had a working Kalyway 10.5.4 but want to move to 10.5.5 with EFI Studio for the graphics drivers - the new video drivers in 10.5.5 are much faster benchmark wise, and allow games like WOW (Beta Lich King) to use 3D Shadows, etc.

I tried a basic iDeneb 10.5.5 install with no injects, of course it installed and rebooted and I have *no* video at all. I can hear the Welcome to Leopard movie audio but my monitor is completely black.

Is there an option to boot in very basic framebuffer mode so I can at least see the desktop to run EFI STudio?

Thanks!

Thanks for iDeneb 10.5.5!

I had a working Kalyway 10.5.4 but want to move to 10.5.5 with EFI Studio for the graphics drivers - the new video drivers in 10.5.5 are much faster benchmark wise, and allow games like WOW (Beta Lich King) to use 3D Shadows, etc.

I tried a basic iDeneb 10.5.5 install with no injects, of course it installed and rebooted and I have *no* video at all. I can hear the Welcome to Leopard movie audio but my monitor is completely black.

Is there an option to boot in very basic framebuffer mode so I can at least see the desktop to run EFI STudio?

Thanks!

interesting question...will wait for an answer

interesting question... how get video out without / without correct drivers ? will wait for an answer

If you boot in SAFE MODE , -x , you should get an framebuffer (NO QE, NO CI) video out and can isntall what you need.

when i install ideneb every time i load i get this screen. screen. my diagnostics says this. screen2 . Im dualbooting and dont know where the problem is. Anywone can help? my specs are:

Computer Type ACPI x86-based PC (Mobile)

CPU Type DualCore Intel Core 2 Duo E4500, 2200 MHz (11 x 200)

Motherboard Name Dell Inspiron 530

Motherboard Chipset Intel Bearlake G33

BIOS Type Award (12/15/07)

Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT (512 MB)

3D Accelerator nVIDIA GeForc

Audio Adapter Realtek ALC888/S/T @ Intel 82801IB ICH9 - High Definition Audio Controllere 9600 GT

Network Adapter Intel® 82562V-2 10/100 Network Connection (192.)

i used this

Select this:

-ALC888 under audio,

-ICHx fix under Chipset

-If you tried 9.4.0 vanilla under Kernel, choose mobilin 9.4.0...

-under ethernet dont select anything (i also tryed with selected ethernet but still the same)

-choose ACPI-Fix,

-select Remove Firewire

-select ApplePS2 Controller

-select IOUSBFamily fix

-Under AppleSMBIOS choose the speed of your ram (800MHz, 667, etc)

-Under video, choose nVidia Inject 0.2.1 512 MB.

and i selected vanilla kernel and X11 didnt select ps2 controler becouse it wasnt there. Im dualbooting i didint make the whole make the parition primary thing becouse it messes up everything.

Hello people.

My question is very basic, can I run this setup in my MSI_P35-Platinum?

Hecabe_Extermina and Derty told me that I must use a patched version of the Bios.

http://osrom.net/biosmod/

(MS-7345)

P35 Neo2-FI

P35 Neo2-FIR

P35 Neo2-FR

P35 Platinum

G33 Platinum

(Information provided by Derty)

I have patched my BIOS with the original version of MSI 1.9 (final).

The idea is try not to patch the bios.

Greetings and thank you very much.

Sincerely.

Just now I was trying this install and I got the still waiting for root device error when I booted with -v -x. Standard installation gave a stop sign over the apple logo while booting. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Booting from an IDE Pioneer DVDRW recognised as superdrive installing on AHCI SATA HDD on AMD 690 chipset.

Thanks!

Just now I was trying this install and I got the still waiting for root device error when I booted with -v -x. Standard installation gave a stop sign over the apple logo while booting. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Booting from an IDE Pioneer DVDRW recognised as superdrive installing on AHCI SATA HDD on AMD 690 chipset.

Thanks!

did you try selecting ichx fix under chipset?

my problem!

when i finished install IDenebv1.3 10.5.5 ! just stuck at the start screen(before regeist screen)

n i reinstall still cant get in the system! my video cand is HD 2600xt.my friend have the same video card n the same problem!!

any help would be appreciate!!

Just installed it. Everything went more or less smoothly. Couple of questions though:

I only get those things on iDeneb:

Why does the install last so long? Once I choose my options and launch the install, the progress bar gets stuck at 20%ish for like 5 minutes then resumes...nothing in the installer log.

Why does the start-up last so long? I usually count how many rounds the spinning wheel makes, on Kalyway I get around 5 or 6 rounds before the desktop appears, on iDeneb at least 20 rounds. I'll try the verbose mode, and see what's going on...

It feels like something hangs and then resumes.

Nothing too serious as I should be happy everything works (ethernet, wifi, sound, display...).

Grazie mile Layne, your distro is a keeper.

you have selected dutch during installation?

2e keer installeren helpt wel, 1ste keer nederlands in de lijst selecteren, als extra taalbestanden Nederlands installeren en als hoogste niet.

Daarna nog een keer een installatie erover en hij is wel Nederlands -_-

Hij pakt nu alleen mijn gebruikersnaam niet meer als ik die moet invoeren, daar moet ik nog even naar kijken.

Badeendje;

Wat? xD Ik ben Nederlands, en zelfs ik begrijp je niet! Misschien kun je je bericht even vertalen, of in ieder geval wat beter uitleggen -_- Het is mij überhaupt nog niet gelukt iDeneb te installeren (still downloading, v1.1 had een restart loop...), dus ik ben erg geïnteresseerd in jouw manier om alles NL te krijgen :D

What? xD I'm Dutch, and even I don't get what you're saying! Maybe you can translate your message, or explain it better :( I didn't manage to install iDeneb at all (still downloading, v1.1 was having a restart loop...), so I'm really interested in your way to get everything Dutch :)

Er is het een en ander weggevalle ndoor de slechte wlan verbinding hier en met een paar keer opnieuw zenden.

- 1ste keer installeren krijg ik het niet voor elkaar om op de uitgelegde manier Nederlands te krijgen

- 2de keer installatie eroverheen wel, maar dan verlies ik de optie om mijn naam en wachtwoord in te voeren, ik ka ndus nu niet updaten naar 10.5.5 of dingen installeren, aangezien ik nu een gewoon account heb en ineens geen beheerders account meer of zoiets, zegt ie.

Dus nu maar v 1.3 downlaoden en aankijken of het daarmee wel werkt.

<br />when i install ideneb every time i load i get this screen. <a href="http://img353.imageshack.us/img353/6276/dsc00871lj7.th.jpg" target="_blank">screen.</a> my diagnostics says this. <a href="http://www.picoodle.com/view.php?img=/3/9/23/f_DSC00872m_10ab47a.jpg&srv=img26" target="_blank">screen2</a> . Im dualbooting and dont know where the problem is. Anywone can help? my specs are:<br />Computer Type ACPI x86-based PC (Mobile)<br /> CPU Type DualCore Intel Core 2 Duo E4500, 2200 MHz (11 x 200)<br /> Motherboard Name Dell Inspiron 530<br /> Motherboard Chipset Intel Bearlake G33<br /> BIOS Type Award (12/15/07)<br /> Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT (512 MB)<br /> 3D Accelerator nVIDIA GeForc<br /> Audio Adapter Realtek ALC888/S/T @ Intel 82801IB ICH9 - High Definition Audio Controllere 9600 GT<br /> Network Adapter Intel® 82562V-2 10/100 Network Connection (192.)<br />
<br /><br /><br />

I have the same problem.Is there a fix to this?