iDeneb v1.3 10.5.5 Released!

Jack Layne

593 posts in this topic

What a fantastic release. My last two installs were JaS 10.4.8 and Zephyroth 10.5.2. Both were eventually fine but required a lot of hacking around with drivers and such. This release has been almost flawless so far. Only thing I had to install was the AppleAzaliaAudio drivers to get sound, and updated ATI 1950GT drivers for 10.5.5. Amazing.

Short list for my specs:

AMD Athlon X2 4000+

MCP55 nForce based motherboard

ATI 1950GT Video

Hey there, nice release... I have a small request, though. Would you mind adding the 0x53721106 device ID to AppleVIAATA? It's for SATA support on AsRock 4CoreDual-SATA2, which I've seen being used by a bunch of people.

I've been adding it myself on all releases I try, but I don't always have a working OSX installed, or in virtual machine. Anyone interested to add thei own drivers into an install dvd, use this guide: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=67713.

i had a strange problem with this release, after the install is completed, all i see after the post is "boot mbr0" "done" and it starts windows...

i had a previous installation of mac os that i did format and my bootloader was nothing else than the regular windows xp not grub even if had a linux partition btw.(in this order, windows xp, OSX, linx EXT3, linux swap)

my fix was to reinstall grub and copy the bootv8 and create the apropriate section in the config file of grub.

i ticked the boxes during the installation to match my hardware, is this bootloader problem coming from something i forgot or is it a problem with this release?

for the rest i found the release well done but it's still missing important drivers, the driver for the ADI1981HD wich is available on the forum and is used in all hp notebook with the famous mute button always activated and the pc card driver, maybe you could add them the next time?

keep the good work, this release is really working fine, it's a pleasure to be able to use all the hardware of your laptop few minutes after installation.

cheers.

edit :

link to the drivers i'm talking about :

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=81036

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry681774

1.3 works fine with my IDE DVD drive on a GA-945GCM-S2C mamaboard. My hard drive is IDE as well.

With my initial install, everything works peachy except sound (I checked off the box for ALC662 during install) and shutdown (hangs usually, requiring a manual button press to shut down PC).

My hack is very vanilla, and after I get a USB "sound card," I expect 1.3 to be completely usable. It's fast, too. Way faster than Kalyway 10.5.2 on this PC (don't know why).

I'm hoping that 1.3 holds me over until I can figure out how to do a Boot132-style retail install.

--KK

GA-945GCM-S2C (ICH7)

C2D 6300

1 GB DDR-667

8600GT 256

IDE HD and DVD

8169 Gb NIC

Seriously guys..

Can Anyone Confirm if it works with IDE DVD drives or not ?

Hello,

I noticed that there are no options for PS2 keyboard and mouse under customise. I installed the update but when I reboot I have no keyboard or mouse anymore. How do I resolve the issue? On the last release of 10.5.4 there was a option for PS2 mouse/keyboard.

Thank you

Gonna try to install iDeneb v1.3 tommorow-morning on my asus pk5-e motherboard,

i have got iATKOS iv4 10.5.4 and everything is working perfect (audio, internet, graphics, shut down, restart)

the only thing i want to get to work is timemachine and sleep and wake, i hope its working in iDeneb v1.3.

i have got a asus pk5-e, 4gb ram, ati grapics 256mb, 160gb sata hdd, 160gb ide hdd, 320gb lacie usb hdd, 3.4 ghz intel D CPU.

I hope its gonna work!!! get back on this tommorow!!

Ok, I installed it & it booted correctly on the first try! I used the necessary patches and kext files that came with the installer and viola, internet, sound, 3D, etc. was working flawlessly!

Here are my specs:

AMD Sempron 64 3400+

Via K8M800 chipset

Realtek AC97 soundcard

Atheros AR5212 wireless chipset

nvidia GeForce 6200 128MB AGP

80GB PATA WD

DVD-RW and CD-RW drives, using PATA

Excellent release, keep up the good work!

absolutey perfect install for this board, ( NForce kernel) no patches needed.

MSI PSN SLI

E4300 overclocked

Netgear WG111 v2

LAN (on board)

USB (on board)

SATA (on board)

Sound AC888 (on board)

MSI 8600GT (full QE/CI support)

1920 x 1080p looks stunning watching bluray. Thanks for great work....

Hello, should i select a kernel or just use the default vanilla kernel??

I'm trying now but i'm not sure.

its finished in 8 min, i did not select any kernel, i hope it will boot!

1 min left........

rebooting....

and it keeps rebooting.....

i need the speedstep kernel i think....

BUMMER

Retrying now......

I have selected the kernel 9.4.0 StageXNU see if thats gonna work for me.....

After install i gat no picture, just a blue screen whit cubes in it.

I am installing now whit no video drivers and gonna take the drivers from the iATKOS dvd, see if that works for me.

IT WORKED!!!!!!!

Everything works like a charm but sleep.

wireless ; works

ethernet ; works

audio ; works

video ; works

timemachine ; works

restart-shutdown ; works

Thanks

hello, I have installed 10.5.5 and I restored users etc from time machine. When I rebooted I see all the users as Standard and non as Admin. The result is I cannot unlock any of the settings in system preferences. How can I add one of the users to group admins if all the users are Standard. Thanks

I'm newbie here...installed iDeneb 1.3 10.5.5 on my BenQ S41 laptop, wifi atheros 5006EG, Realtek ALC262 and ethernet Marvell Yukon 88E8055 not working. anyone can help? i tried to select appleyukon driver and atheros wifi driver but still not working? tried to install without selecting any driver, same result

Hi, can anyone tell me what the best program for creating a Mac-ready partition is? (I'm using Vista)

No partitions are showing up in disk utility during the install, and I assume the problem is because I haven't partitioned my drive yet?

EDIT:

Processor 1 (ID = 0)

Number of cores 2 (max 2)

Number of threads 2 (max 2)

Name Intel Core 2 Duo E6750

Codename Conroe

Specification Intel® Core2 Duo CPU E6750 @ 2.66GHz

Package Socket 775 LGA (platform ID = 0h)

CPUID 6.F.B

Extended CPUID 6.F

Core Stepping G0

Technology 65 nm

Core Speed 2660.4 MHz (8.0 x 332.6 MHz)

Rated Bus speed 1330.2 MHz

Stock frequency 2666 MHz

Instructions sets MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, EM64T

L1 Data cache 2 x 32 KBytes, 8-way set associative, 64-byte line size

L1 Instruction cache 2 x 32 KBytes, 8-way set associative, 64-byte line size

L2 cache 4096 KBytes, 16-way set associative, 64-byte line size

FID/VID Control yes