KALYWAY 10.5.1 DVD release (the official)

kaly

2,627 posts in this topic

Hi,without EFI everything was pretty easy, I got it working!Tried with EFI, when it boots it get stuck with the apple frozen. I'm able to accomplish a -s, but when I exit it keeps on booting for a a while and then with same results (Freeze).

I used:

F8 and "vanilla"

vanilla kernel (both options)

guid bootloader

Thanks a lot and you guys rock! (I gave up with iATKOS, it's really messy...).

Thanks a lot for you help

Maybe this could be helpful to find the culprit, I have 3GB of ram

EDIT: i see a lot of ppl having problems with vanilla kernel (both boxes checked)and PS2 keyboards

if somebody is in leo right now can check this and confirm if it worked?

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...yboard&st=0

i'm in pc now, i can't type in leo and i don't have a ps2/usb adapter

do you know if a ps2/usb adapter will work? if so then i will just pick one up.

so has anyone with an SSE2 got this thing to work? seems like all with SSE2 are getting the reboot loop. i can't even get far enough to uncheck any settings. i'm not using vanila. i've tried -s. i've checked my bios for an "execute disable bit" but it's not there. i have an intel D845PEBT2 mobo. i'm currently running JaS 10.4.8 but would rather run leopard. anyone have ideas?

BTW thanks for the release. hope i can get it to work :rolleyes:

I tried to install Kaly on my Laptop and it is an SSE2. It will not recognize my hard drive. Its a gateway cx2620. I have an Intel 82801FBM/FBM Ultra ATA Storage controllers as well as a SATA ACHI controller. I don't think kaly works with ACHI or IDE is that why it can not find my Hard drive??

Kaly, Dune or anybody else of the staff..

could you please confirm what kind of SSE2 processor(s) did you test ?

According to the feedback of the forum, it seems that Pentium M machines are able to install the release, while the older P4 machines indefinitely reboot after loading kexts.

The questions is just for avoiding any hope to people who is attempting Leo on P4 procs.

Thaks a lot for your hard job.

Nando.

As it seems i was able to finish installation, by not choosing "Vanilla_ACPI_fix".

What's the perpose of this FIX ?

When i choose it, my ps2 keyboard doesn't work, but works if i don't choose it.

Also, sleep doesn't work with either kernel (with and without Vanilla).

When i try to wake from sleep, PC wake's but no responce from VGA and keyboard.

I have enabled BIOS settings about that.

P.S. Sorry for the noobie question: What's the difference between choosing Vanilla kernel and not ?

Regards

Hi,

Thanks for the replies (!?!?!?) but luckily i resolved most of the issues.

alc888 from Tiger Macnub 10.4.10 dvd worked, with also the viarhine.kext. Audio works without any issues (in+out).

@ network, i had a serious issue. No internet after a few minutes. Experienced with old win xp, and i knew the solution was in the 'energy saver' settings. I Just selected 'never' to all settongs, and voila', it works (now for about 30 mins). Hope it stays alive!

No usb issues, QE/CI enabled, very happy. Only thing, sometimes i get 'artifacts' on screen, but i had those on Tiger 10.4.11 too!

Love u guys!

Today I got chance to test a bit this dvd, but...

Another fail install here

p4 2.4ghz, sse2 only

Boot up from dvd, them whole kext load and when we 'ready' to go to the install the computer reboot. crazy rebooting with any chance to start up the installation.

The failure ratio on most sse2 system are near or 100% right?

On toh rc2 I got success to start the installation but unfortunately hangs at the begining of dvd checking and freezing the machine. I'm thinking in make something mixed of toh rls and this one to see if its boot to the install so well will can see another fight start.

Maybe a ppf patch or script to edit the iso file and inject the darwin bootloader or whatelse from toh dvd bootup, I really dunno for now and I'm out of media to burn this sat and try again.

same mobo as you and kalyway boots

did you check the darwin bootloader?

with vanilla or not kernel?

iatkos didnt boot for me also..

only problem now is with vanilla kernel and ps2 keyboard

so now i install again without vanilla cause i need the keyboard to test the g92 new kexts

monday buy usb keyboard or adapter

ok i managed to get around the freaking jmicron :angel: ill post a vid later :D

how i did it :

As told on the wiki its possible to trick the installer via vmware :D

i installed the kalaway dvd in vmware onto a physical disk (my 120gb as told before)

i then let it install.

then the reboot comes and first boot into osx

then i had troubles with waiting on root device, i solved this by making sure the hdd is on the sata1 port

i just booted into leopard :whistle:

However the performance is sluggish and i dont have - internet - sound - graphics seem very slow for my x1950

any heads up on how to fix this ?

@ Kevin Walter

i have osx running on a p5k :whistle: use the kalaway dvd

Trying to install on a Dell Latitude D505.

Intel 855 - when the installer comes up everything is in blocky grey text. I'm guessing this is due to a driver issue - is there any switches I can add after hitting F8 that might help overcome this?