KALYWAY 10.5.1 DVD release (the official)

kaly

2,627 posts in this topic

did you see some error message when using -v -x ???

yes, waiting for root device

wich is strange since tiger also does this and then falls back to ATAPIIX if im not mistaking, then it continues to boot into the installer

however leopard doesnt, like it doesnt have the ATAPIIX

Has anyone managed to get this working with a p5k-se and a ati 2600? eithor one of the two... Im not sure if this will work on my system

Has anyone managed to get this working with a p5k-se and a ati 2600? eithor one of the two... Im not sure if this will work on my system

ive been struggling for over a complete day now to get it to work on a p5k

to bad to no avail yet

im now trying with VMWARE but this doesnt seem to work

it refuses to see the root device

i think i need the ATAPIIX driver in the leo image i think, dune care to comment ?

ive been struggling for over a complete day now to get it to work on a p5k

to bad to no avail yet

im now trying with VMWARE but this doesnt seem to work

it refuses to see the root device

i think i need the ATAPIIX driver in the leo image i think, dune care to comment ?

The AppleIntelPIIXATA is already included in this release. it is a plugin of IOATAFamily.kext

Furthermore, this release should work perfect with a P5K(ICH9).

Go into your bios, put your SATA mode into Enhanced IDE and it should work.

I used P5K-E(ICH9-R) too for development. TheICH9-R have exactly the same ID than ICH9 in SATA Enhanced mode, so it should work.

Every time I install with my DS3P motherboard I get the successful installation message but then reboot and get either the boot plist missing message or b0 error. I am going out of my mind with frustration. I have tried the fix with fdisk making the efi partition active, still no joy. I have tried installing with GUID and MBR on separate occasions!!!! I thought this motherboard was supposed to be installing like a breeze but cannot understand where I am going wrong? Please anyone with this motherboard can you give me a few pointers?

I have an Asus Maximus X38 Chipset Board... with Asus Geforce 8800 Ultra graficcard...

when i run bootloader with -v option i see that the message "waiting for root device" comes...

i have severall hdds in my pc, i have tested sata drive also like pata drive (on extra raid controller) and jmicron controller... everytime i got the "waiting for root device" ...

should the partition specially formated to install mac on it?! i have read something about fat32 ?! but i can't format in fat evenmore trough vista...

@ above

no it shouldnt have to besince leopard had diskutil

strange this is we both have the same issue

The AppleIntelPIIXATA is already included in this release. it is a plugin of IOATAFamily.kextFurthermore, this release should work perfect with a P5K(ICH9).Go into your bios, put your SATA mode into Enhanced IDE and it should work. I used P5K-E(ICH9-R) too for development. TheICH9-R have exactly the same ID than ICH9 in SATA Enhanced mode, so it should work.

yes it should when using a sata dvd drive, but i dont have one, i managed to get kalaway tiger running using vmware and assign a phisical, and then booting nativly.However as said before, the leopard installer keeps looking for the bootactually it seems in my case it DOES find it,but still hangs, ill post a pic in a min however after a min or so the installer loaded and told me it could not be installed and i needed to reboot ?i tried to access diskutil but it would let me (or it would take ages to load)so im getting closer :)

Attempted install with Vanilla kernel options checked and suffered reboot loop.

Reinstalled without checking anything but EFI_GUID option and everything but sound came up fine.

Installed azaliaudio.pkg and now everything is working!

I plan on getting a Core based processor to see if I can install Vanilla kernel very soon.

Thanks for another great release Kalyway!

Kaden

I got it finally running on a GA-P35-DS3L, with vanilla but without any Drivers. iATKOS only worked without EFI.

This is quite a progress, THANKS TO KALY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think the Problem is my Club Nvidia 8600GT, it always stuck when booting from HD.

Not working until now:

Graphic: Only 1024x768, can´t use any other resolution

Audio: There is a solution that works with applehda patcher (I tried with iATKOS) edit: yes it works

Ethernet: Says cable not connected although it is.

Any idea concerning graphics and ethernet?

when i want to install kalyway in vmware ... not necessary if hdd is virtual or physical i always get the wating for root device error too!!

well as i just said, i managed to boot into the installer in VMWARE, im retesting to get in via trial and error to see what setting/thing actually made it boot through

Thanks for the new release!. This as I understand is a great release. Unfortunatly Mine installed after a some other tweeking. However I get the "b0 error" message after installation. My specs are listed in my sig.

I first installed without the vanilla kernal things checked. System got hung up at about 32 minutes remaining. Restarted and tried again, same thing. Then checked the vanilla kernal boxes and still hung up.

Retried this time I entered into the disk utility menu before installing and formatted as a Mac OS. Finally installed successfully but got the b0 error.

hi,

Anybody gets dark artifacts on safari? I'm talking about 'big' dark coloured line petterns. It mainly happens when i scroll d/u a page. Strange!

You get mouse tearing, I think. The line pattern occure when you move the mouse? Wich viedeo card did you use?

well i dont know what you are reffering to but if its the .iso then yes you either burn or mount it

ok ,

i found a way to be able to get past waiting for root device in vmware :)

seems that when the Jmicron is enbaled but (very important) NOTHING is attached it boots through.

When the Jmicron is disabled, or enabled with a ide dvd hooked up it will boot and find the root, but then will complain about a read only filesystem en keeps crashing pids after another.(note that im installing in vmware via daemon tools mount)

im now at the point where its Starting Dsmos.

ill keep updating here

well i dont know what you are reffering to but if its the .iso then yes you either burn or mount it.

ill keep updating here

the zip file?

I opened it in the program, chose burn as iso, and it seems to be burning, which is really odd.

if I'm not supposed to "extract" the zip file, what am I supposed to do? :S

I have big problems extracting the .zip file. the md5 of the zip is correct, but the resulting iso is wrong!

I tried unzip and ark in Linux and WinRAR and Stuffit in WinXP ... Stuffit was the only tool that extracted the iso, but the resulting file has a wrong md5.

What can I do??

Is there a torrent for the iso? could only find the zip :-(