KALYWAY 10.5.1 DVD release (the official)

kaly

2,627 posts in this topic

Man - what a distribution.

Just installed it on a fresh 500gb HDD (format with GUID).

Just choose both Vanilla options and Nvinject (Desktop).

Have to use an old IONetworkingFamily kext (10.4.3) for my Intel 1000MT as usual.

No problems so far even with Restart/Sleep etc...

System:

P5K (plain)

Samsung 500gb HDD (in ide enhanced mode not AHCI yeah)

MSI 7900GTO

BIG THANKS GUYS

Really thank You Kaly (and other guys who are involved)!!! For me You are genius just like Albert E :huh:)

Your install was really easy and understable for such a end user like me :D)

Also all drivers are working (audio, net, video) and is booting much faster as my Tiger 10.4.10 ... (because tiger on every boot used to turn of screen and after minute it turned on..)Now only have to figure out and install Grub, because Chain0 worked only with for 10.4.10 ... new Leopard I can boot only if i choose leopards hdd in bios as main hdd...

My specs: Asus P5LD2 SE with NVidia GeForce 6200 Le.

Once again - thank You all!

Hi everyone, I wonder if you guys have the same problem as I do. After the installation, my computer keeps on freezing at the grey mac screen. The animation below the logo works for a while and then finally it freezes. any ideas?

My configuration is as follows:

Sony FZ240 Laptop

Intel G965 chipset with X3100 graphics

Intel Core 2 Duo t5250

Intel ICH8 Sata controller with 160GB Sata drive.

That tells nothing. Reboot with startup options (F8) and then press -v, so that you can see where it hangs and wrote this here or make a screenshot. so maybe someome knows the answer.

HI ALL

FOR ALL HAVE This issue (after the end of the choice, osx return on the video) :huh:

(commande are after ">" on each line, before you find a comment.

Start your pc and press F8, here ask to start in single user mode :

to do that, write >-s and press enter

Your osx start in console mode.

Here, start to check hard drive >/sbin/fsck -fy and press enter

Osx scan you pc and does to answer you : File system was modified.

After we does to mount all drives >/sbin/mount -uw / and press enter ; Dont forget the "/" it ask to mount all drives

Them, now we does to active and creat password for the root account >passwd root

The system ask for a new pass : enter it and confirm an other time when asking (press enter each time).

Now we does to do something to notify to osx that we have end the Setup. >touch /var/db/.AppleSetupDone and press enter (Don't forget the "." before Apple).

And now you could restart >reboot and press enter

Now don't touch anything, osx boot and ask you to log in :D

Enter : log : root

and the pass you have choose before.

Enjoy ;)

leglode

Hi, guys

First of all, many thanks to Kalyway for this release,

Vanilla didn't work for me (no boot after install), but otherwise everything went well. I chose to install video drivers inside leopard. My 7600gt works perfectly with njinject.

Now the problems: No audio (alc888), No network (viarhine)

Tried to install drivers from Tiger (the ones that work with macosx tiger), but no luck. It says that it cannot install them.

Any idea, do somebody have those precious kext?

It'll be appreciated.

Asrock 4coredual-vsta

2gb 667

7600gt

using a spare samsung ata133 hdd 40gb

argh , can someone shed some light on what im doing wrong ?

the Kalyway 10.5.1 supports jmicron right ?

So i should be able to install from DVD from a IDE DVD DRIVE on the JMICRON right ?

how come i CANNOT boot from the dvd ?

i keep getting the error cant find .plst thingie

i tried jmicron in al 3 modes : AHCI , IDE , RAID

none will make the kalyway DVD boot

(the target hdd is a 120GB Sata)

edit :

i janked out my via vt6421 controller out of my server (wich has a pata interface also)

and put it in my pc, when booting from IDE from the card, kalyway will NOT boot

how can i get the dvd to bot

As far as I know you must use a external usb-dvd-drive or a sata-dvd-drive. Support for IDE starts after the installation, when the system is bootet. Am I correct, boys and girls?

I also have the Asus P5B, no sound and only one ethernet port is working?? Any suggestions?

Thanks for the help, by the way this is a great release thanks for all the hard work!!!

I have the same board, Do you have mor than one ethernet port? If this is working, its enough, or not? You get stereo out/no in with azalia.

I had the same problem. Try to install again but without the acpi+ps2Fix. Anyone knows what this is about (acpi+ps2Fix)? It worked for me!

Finally my P5K is working good with osx. Sound is working great (select first driver on the list - don´t recall the name). Big thanx Kaliway and all the osx86 community!

After testing in my setup, everything seemed fine, but after the restart, i have no keyboard any more.

During the setup (from DVD) my keyboard works, but as soon as goes pass the bootloader, there is no activity from my keyboard (ps2).

The video comes ok during the first load, but i can't put any information during the first setup (keyboard is dead).

I choose GUID on a fresh HDD, with vanilla kexts.

Also i changed the bios settings accordingly.

This happens for the first time for me.

Anyone with keyboard problem?

Regards

hi ,

i have it installed

but he give's a error "b0 error" :(

i think its Boot Error.

is there a solution for? :)

it is installed on a dual core 2 2.86 GHZ 2 work...

8600 nvidia and a asus motherbord P5K

SSE SSE2 SSE3 SSSE3 EMT64

KevinWalter :)

GUID is the normal way to format a disk if you use a real mac.

Any way, you have to make shure, that, if you use GUID, the boot option is also choosed GUID. Same with MBR.

But - read the manual, its all described there!

I had the same problem. Try to install again but without the acpi+ps2Fix. Anyone knows what this is about (acpi+ps2Fix)? It worked for me!

Finally my P5K is working good with osx. Sound is working great (select first driver on the list - don´t recall the name). Big thanx Kaliway and all the osx86 community!

Unchecking this, makes no installation of Vanilla Kernel.

I did try and indeed my keyboard works ok, but i am not using vanilla kernel.

Also Sleep doesn't work during my test (offcource without vanilla).

Anyone having the same problem?

You guys are all using USB keyboards? or is my M/B who does this problem?

Regards

Hi,without EFI everything was pretty easy, I got it working!Tried with EFI, when it boots it get stuck with the apple frozen. I'm able to accomplish a -s, but when I exit it keeps on booting for a a while and then with same results (Freeze).

I used:

F8 and "vanilla"

vanilla kernel (both options)

guid bootloader

Thanks a lot and you guys rock! (I gave up with iATKOS, it's really messy...).

Thanks a lot for you help

Oh I don't have NX/XD in my bios, so I dont think that is the cause of the looping of "identify you keyboard" issue. I'll look again though, would adding the vanilla kernels help? It's really weird since the other kaly tiger release was almost perfect.