KALYWAY 10.5.1 DVD release (the official)

kaly

2,627 posts in this topic

This is a really great release and works like a charme. However, for the next one it would be fine to get a more "original" setup. No weird orange icons and background nor any 3rd party applications installed by default. Much better would be the integration of all languages and maybe some more drivers. Looking forward for another kickin' kalyway release :)

Success, it works and well too I might add. One thing how do I change my Leopard icon back to an internal HD icon? Cheers all, good luck as well, Plucka

download an icon...right click the icon and click ''get info''(same as the existing hd icon, keep both ''get info'' windows side by side).......the ''get info'' window has a small, medium, and large icon......''apple key'' + c (copy) the medium icon....then ''apple key'' + v (paste) the medium icon on the exiting medium hd icon

This is a really great release and works like a charme. However, for the next one it would be fine to get a more "original" setup. No weird orange icons and background nor any 3rd party applications installed by default. Much better would be the integration of all languages and maybe some more drivers. Looking forward for another kickin' kalyway release :)

ORANGE icon are NORMAL !!!!! it is leo that makes them orange not us ! don't change them on internal icons!

it is because you are in AHCI , and AHCI brings NCQ (Hotplug) , so your disk even your system disk are some sort of external disk ok ?

sorry for the noob question, but I don't understand where I choose to format GUID or MBR. I guess this is not the right place to look? Thanks.

picture1gj3.png

Oh well... I guess I hosed that install!! ;) I think I just found where I was supposed to choose the format scheme.

picture1id8.png

Okey, after a reinstallation but without any of the video driver selected then everyhting works fine.. boot up with vanilla (plus cpus=1) and sound etc works.. but the resolution is 124x768 32bit and can't be changed any tip?

Thats not enough info. What video card did you use?

sorry for the noob question, but I don't understand where I choose to format GUID or MBR. I guess this is not the right place to look? Thanks.

picture1gj3.png

to choose GUId look at the button "Options..." in the back left under the graphical partition representation

After some useless installs on my p5b Quad I give it a try on a 3 Ghz Celeron system. I tried the vanilla kernel at start up of the install disk but it hangs. So I tried without and it works. So I install without Vanilla. After install, the Celeron-PC boots up and e v e r y t h i n g works perfect. It says Mac Pro. I install the german language pack from a Brazil DVD. Perfect. Okay, so far so good. I put the harddisk with the fresh Leo-Install in my p5b Quad-System and boot it. It RUNS!!! But with only one video resolution, wich was not a wonder, because I installed no driver for my HIS Radeon 1600 pro. Right at this time, my IATkos download finished and I install it over the Kalyway-install. It works! I kept the german language pack and everything else fom the Kalyway-install but with the efi-kernel from IATkos. And so the allmighty KALYATKOS was born. :) I have stereo out of the box, also network access and both build-in DVD drives are supported, also "about this mac"Probs: 1. I still have only two SATA-Ports2. I get multiple resolutions but no QE and emulated CI (this is no Problem I think, may be I just have to edit the ID of the card)3. No sleep mode4. switch off needs a little bit time5. admin keychain is okay for login but not for to make changes in the system preferences nor for application install (?) curios...Resetting password with install disk makes no difference.Okay, tomorrow is a new day. Lets see.By the way: Thanks to all you nice people!

1024x768 32bit it should be.As my earlier post I type my card but I should do that again :)ATI Mobility Radeon X1400
Yeah, this will be good, cause there´s a lot words written in here... :angel: Did you try Natit?

I have tried to add my resolution via:

sudo nano /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist in the Terminal and then added this one but no joy (ATI Mobility Radeon X1400).

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1280x800x32</string>

I did add

<string>cpus=1</string>

<string>vanilla</string>

so it will boot up without me type it every time :D

Would someone be able to assist me in troubleshooting my install?

Kaly, Dune I know you guys are swamped with a ton of questions. I researched everything as much as I can. I was unable to fin anything worthwile. I also booted to the install disk and looked at the system.log for my install. The messages there look the same as the boot -v picture below.

My specs are:

Dell Inspiron 9300

Pentium M 2ghz

1.2 GB 533mhz RAM (1GB Stick + 256 MB Stick)

80GB Drive

Nvidia 6800 go

Not sure what esle would be helpful.

The OS tries to load, then requests a power off.

2128127620_42a24368cc_b.jpg

If I boot -v This is what I see.

2127665386_e8c32ab683_b.jpg

Durring the install

1. in diskutil I selected the HD, Selected two partitions, Changed the size (on 50gb one 23gb). I set the partition type to guid.

2. In customize I selected:

sse2

nvidia laptop

efi_guid

Then install

I have done the same steps above but with mbr instead of guid.

The results are exactly the same.

Can anyone offer some advise as to what the problem is?

Regards,

Chris

can someone post their bios settings in relation to sleep/s3/power management.....i'm trying like hell to get sleep working..... my rig can sleep and wake up but display won't wake from s3

I think this is a really old problem, even on original macs. I have it on my old G4/400 since Panther was released. And sometimes you can read about it in mac news magazines. So maybe it´s not a hackintosh problem.

First of all, thanks go to everyone involved in finally releasing an easy installer that replaces the 3 reboots (partition, install, patch) and other manual processes for getting 10.5.1 running.

I've been running OSx86 since the beginning and on this computer, was recently running 10.5.1 via the patched EFI bootload process. I know that it works on this hardware. With this release, though, if I check off nothing but the two Vanilla options and the GUID Bootloader (on a GUID formatted volume, of course) and nothing else (to eliminate the possibilities of a bad video or sound driver) the install completes, the computer reboots, and I'm hung up on the gray Apple logo.

If, on the other hand, I do the same, and check off only the first Vanilla (not the ACPI fix one), despite the instructions to select both, I end up with a computer that boots just fine into the setup, plays the welcome song/video, goes through the initial setup, and then after the "don't copy from another Mac" screen, delays and then starts the music/video welcome again.

I've verified the BIOS settings and read everyone else's response on the 11 pages prior to this post but didn't see anything like that. Am I missing something obvious? Is it possibly because I'm NOT installing any video driver that I'm locking up?

(Dell Precision 690 w/dual quad Xeons, 8 GB RAM, GeForce 7600 GS, and AudioAdvantage USB sound because I could never get the Dell built-in audio working on any OSx86 release)