KALYWAY 10.5.1 DVD release (the official)

kaly

2,627 posts in this topic

if i dont move the mouse every 2 min or so the HD stops working and the install fails....

I see. I never had that problem, but the progressbar could stop if i don´t move the mouse, but shows current state if i move it and does move on with install. I just need help to figure out why i can´t install it at all no matter what i select.

GUID is out of the question, and MBR shows that install went well and at the end shows me the green checked circle, but at restart, i have a black screen with a blinking cursor.

I don´t get anything right now..

when booting the installer in verbose mode i can see its waiting on the root device, but i fail to see why it should ?

im not even needing the hdd yet ?

i cant even get into the installer

last thing i see is

DEC 22 @@:07:50 localhost DirectoryService[52]: Launched version 5.0 (V514)

Can't believe it, that's what i call a good Christmas present!!!!!! This year could not afford a lot, but you made my day with this release.

I spent days of suffering trying to install and understand how mac osx could be installed on a normal pc. All paid off, and now i own a very reliable Leopard os. It looks better than Tiger, and i'll play with it during my christmas vacation (not much).

Thanks a lot to all that contributed with this release, hope it'll work out well for everyone (personal use!).

H A P P Y C H R I S T M A S.

Nice! Was trying iATKOS for the last day or two with no success. Tryied Kalyway today and it worked perfectly on first try! Recognized my dual 1600x1200 displays (via NVinject), boot loader works fine, etc. Happy camper!

Now to replace the orange background and icons.

Nice! Was trying iATKOS for the last day or two with no success. Tryied Kalyway today and it worked perfectly on first try! Recognized my dual 1600x1200 displays (via NVinject), boot loader works fine, etc. Happy camper!

Now to replace the orange background and icons.

Orange icons is a normal thing. System made them like that cos you are in AHCI mode.

Yes, I'm feeling like a real DA noob here. I'm having difficulty extracting this ISO ? to burn. Assuming it's an ISO. Using MagicISO it won't open. (3.50GB KALYWAY_LEO_10.5.1intel_SSE2_SSE3) I used winrar with no luck. I'll give stuffit a try.

...Used Stuffit 11 and extracting OK.

Installation here ends up in an unknown error when it's one more minute to go. I tried several times, with and without vanilla kernel update. MD5 signature is correct, install dvd verification before install was successful. I partitioned the hd choosing guid.

Yes, I'm feeling like a real DA noob here. I'm having difficulty extracting this ISO ? to burn. Assuming it's an ISO. Using MagicISO it won't open. (3.50GB KALYWAY_LEO_10.5.1intel_SSE2_SSE3) I used winrar with no luck. I'll give stuffit a try.
I suggest to try with apples built in unzipper. Don't remember how it's called, anything with bom archive or so. I justt doubleclicked the zip file and it was extracted.

Need help - Can't get it workIt loads after installation. Tried Guid partition.Starts loading, I see JMciron ATA kext is working, NVInject is working. All the same as in my previous attempts but then it just stops loading.I suspect it's either my Videocard or smth set wrong in BIOS but not sure any ideas?

If under Win try the last version of WinRAR - worked 4 me

Here is the screen I get on loading (with -x -v flags)

is it Nvidea problem or wrong BIOS settings? Or else?

really tired of messing with OSX for two weeks already :D

post-161719-1198371991_thumb.jpg

HTF do I do this? I have downloaded twice from tpb

tried to unzip with

Quick Zip

7zip

And Windows Explorer

with no luck

I also Tried it with

winRar

Suffit Expander

and it appeared to extract but won't get past Grey Apple logo in Vmware and it won't burn through Ultra Iso or Dvd Decryptor

What Can I do to get this to work? I have SSE2

Well, it looks like I finally got Vanilla + GUID working on my Dell. I went back and reset all BIOS settings to the defaults, changed the boot order of the DVD/Hard drives to be what I need them to be and it now installs, boots, and gets past the welcome song and keyboard identification. I'm really not sure what's different because all the BIOS settings appear to be the same as what I had before (and matched the settings that were listed earlier in all of these posts). The only thing I don't yet have working is my 7600 GS video card (it does work fine with the stock NVS 285 video that came with the Dell).

(Dell Precision 690 w/dual quad Xeons, 8 GB RAM, GeForce 7600 GS, and AudioAdvantage USB sound because I could never get the Dell built-in audio working on any OSx86 release)

So it does not loop for you anymore? Maybe because you used GUID?? Maybe I'll try and reset my bios to wat default after I install again. It still seems like it would happen to me anyway. I have a dell xps 410 by the way.

For me (old BIOS settings), it would loop when I installed only half of the Vanilla settings. If I installed all of them, it would lock up on the gray Apple logo screen after the installation.

In all cases, I tried GUID and the other with no difference in performance. I also tried it with and without Video and Sound drivers. The BIOS change is definitely what made everything work, although, again, I had previously gone over it line by line and made sure everything matched the required options (virtualization off, CPUID max off, etc.). But there's either something I missed originally or something that is not called the same as in the posts here but it was the reset (and that alone) that suddenly got a non-working Leopard up and running.

All I'm struggling with now is my EVGA GeForce 7600 GS. Neither the NATIT or NVInject on the DVD seem to be able to get it to work (I had it working with a lower, Dell-provided video card so I at least have options). I'm trying again with out selecting any video options and we'll see if that makes a difference or not.

Someone said not to select any network drivers when you install so it does not give you the loop. I have a 7900gs and that is not supported without kext editing anyways. But Im sure someone will make some kext for the gs types soon. It is the gt's that have no problem.

Someone said not to select any network drivers when you install so it does not give you the loop. I have a 7900gs and that is not supported without kext editing anyways. But Im sure someone will make some kext for the gs types soon. It is the gt's that have no problem.

I've never checked anything in the network drivers so I don't think that had any affect on why I was looping. My 7600 GS is a week old... maybe I'll just return it to Fry's because its not worth all this trouble! Was only trying to find a card better than the NVS 285 (that wasn't $400).

Yeh I never checked any network drivers either. This time I chose both vanilla kernels and will see if there is any difference. If that still loops then I'll reset the bios too and then load it again. I hope one of these will work. Iatkos works good but I hate switchin from Raid On in bios to Raid/ATA everytime I want to go back to windows.

Yeh I never checked any network drivers either. This time I chose both vanilla kernels and will see if there is any difference. If that still loops then I'll reset the bios too and then load it again. I hope one of these will work. Iatkos works good but I hate switchin from Raid On in bios to Raid/ATA everytime I want to go back to windows.

The plot thickens. I installed without checking any video options and I got to the welcome screen / keyboard identification and... it looped again! So I went back and again reset the BIOS settings to the default, changed my boot order, and (without reinstalling) everything came up. Of course, I'm stuck at 1024x768 but otherwise its working.

In the BIOS, all I did between the video card swap was disable some of the ports (PS2, serial, and parallel) that OSX shouldn't really need to function. After all, real Macs don't even have those. So, I'm kind of stuck wondering why its behaving like this. Very odd!

Im gona try what was insisted earlier in the forum here: Start your pc and press F8, here ask to start in single user mode :

to do that, write >-s and press enterYour osx start in console mode.

Here, start to check hard drive >/sbin/fsck -fy and press enterOsx scan you pc and does to answer you : File system was modified.

After we does to mount all drives >/sbin/mount -uw / and press enter ; Dont forget the "/" it ask to mount all drivesThem, now we does to active and creat password for the root account >passwd rootThe system ask for a new pass : enter it and confirm an other time when asking (press enter each time).Now we does to do something to notify to osx that we have end the Setup. >touch /var/db/.AppleSetupDone and press enter (Don't forget the "." before Apple).And now you could restart >reboot and press enterNow don't touch anything, osx boot and ask you to log in wink_anim.gifEnter : log : rootand the pass you have choose before.^^^ Yes that has worked!! Now I just have to check out how to change the login name from "root" to my name, and the pasword too. Try that Theta, I think it will work for you too!