KALYWAY 10.5.1 DVD release (the official)

kaly

2,627 posts in this topic

How do I burn this on windows? The downloaded file is named "KALYWAY_LEO_10.5.1intel_SSE2_SSE3.zip", shouldn't it be ISO or some other kind of image file?

When i see question like this , i have a sudden urge to bang my head against a wall.... ;) hum do you know what is a zip archive ?

Use Winrar and unpack the zip file, the iso is into.... no more comment

icons have a better look than the original ones. but i agree with you the orange background is not so cool. It was the only point where i was not agree with kaly when we did the distrib lol. Anyway it is very simple to change , on the finder menu click on view and Show View Options , and there you can change the color of the back ground and make it default for all your windows.

thx

and how to make icons and dock normal?

i want it to look like the real thing ;)

Hey everybody,

I have just tried and failed my first Kalyway install on a P5B, at reboot I get this error ''0error'' Anyone have any ideas as to what this might be? I had the bios set as follows:

Sata to ACHI and Jmicroncontroler disabled for the initial install. After reboot got the above error and after that I changed the settings to get NTLDR not found error. Anyone reading this I hope there is someone out there that knows what to do as I have had the computer on for days and nights trying to DL this sucker, what a bummer if it turns out not to work!

Hope to hear from someone very soon, like in the next five minutes after posting this reply, cheers, Plucka

No, I think you did good. The azalia kext we integrated is for 1988a, our is for 1988b. so i think the id is not the same. but not sure.

Yes, you can reinstall the sound driver: insert your dvd , look into the folders System / Installation /Packages and there you will find a package called Azalia_ADI1988b. Double click on it , it will install the driver. reboot. if after that sound does not work , this driver defenitively does not work for the ADI1988a. Choose the AZALIA_out package instead of.

What a bummer, neither the driver included on the dvd (reinstalled it), nor the AppleHDA patcher with 1988b codec dump, work.

Has anybody gotten sound to work with Leopard on an Asus P5B Deluxe mobo?

Chris Eastman

Phatservers Support

Thank you Kaly for your release I think it's the best,

Can I install the EFI on this pc :

My processor is celeron 320, sse2/sse3, socket 478.

My mainboard is chipset intel i845PE and the southbridge is ICH4.

Thanks alot

Hey everybody,I have just tried and failed my first Kalyway install on a P5B, at reboot I get this error ''0error'' Anyone have any ideas as to what this might be? I had the bios set as follows:Sata to ACHI and Jmicroncontroler disabled for the initial install. After reboot got the above error and after that I changed the settings to get NTLDR not found error. Anyone reading this I hope there is someone out there that knows what to do as I have had the computer on for days and nights trying to DL this sucker, what a bummer if it turns out not to work!Hope to hear from someone very soon, like in the next five minutes after posting this reply, cheers, Plucka
have you read the Read me ? some times i feel we write for nothing. You certainly have not formatted your disk with GUID partitions table (in diskutil --> Option --> GUID). do these things and it should work . if you definitively do not know how to change the partition table in GUID. choose the EFI_mbr instead of EFI_guid
What a bummer, neither the driver included on the dvd (reinstalled it), nor the AppleHDA patcher with 1988b codec dump, work. Has anybody gotten sound to work with Leopard on an Asus P5B Deluxe mobo?Chris EastmanPhatservers Support
Have you also tried the classic AZALIA_out like i said before ?

My hackintosh is already runing 10.4.10 and it's very fast and stable. I would like to have à step-by-step guide to install the kaly distro on my existing HFS partiion coz i am a little confsued with these new things: mbr, efi ,vanilla kernel......

Your humble stupid windows junky :D

have you read the Read me ? some times i feel we write for nothing. You certainly have not formatted your disk with GUID partitions table (in diskutil --> Option --> GUID). do these things and it should work . if you definitively do not know how to change the partition table in GUID. choose the EFI_mbr instead of EFI_guid
Thanks for that as a matter of fact I read the redme, I had an empty disk and the advice was to format it and than select mbr, so now I will retry it with guid, on another note if my Hds are seen as external drives, is it possible to change that from within Leopard?

Thankyou for your advice any way and I am sure you dont write for nothing, cheers, Plucka

Dune31 Thanks for the tip.

Went to options and chose guid for the format and now everything loaded well. just rebooted after doing software update including security updates.

Now I just need to figure out which driver I need for sound, and get an afte rmarket heatsink/fan for my video card so it doesn't go full boar all the time (bfg 7600gt).

if anyone know off the top of their head what kext I need to use for a gigabyte GA-965GM-S2 to enable sound, please let me know.

Thanks again.

When i see question like this , i have a sudden urge to bang my head against a wall.... :D hum do you know what is a zip archive ?

Use Winrar and unpack the zip file, the iso is into.... no more comment

of course I know what a zip archive is! I have been using both mac and pc for 7 years, have built my pc from scratch, have basic knowledge of unix coding, making websites (css/html), webservers using php and mysql, and I know the basics of javascript. not that anything of that is directly related to zip archives, but I just want you to know I'm not a complete noob at computers.

I agree my question sounds very dumb, but the reason I asked is because unzipping the file only gives me 2 folders, and NOT an ISO file. the iATKOS zip file extracts to an ISO file without any problems, but this Kalyway zip file won't... But I'm sure it's just because i'm tired and not thinking straight, since nobody else seems to be having problems with extracting, so i'll just try again.

Thank you for being so kind in your response, really appreciated =) I'm sure a lot of people are very interested in your sudden urge of banging your head against a wall. Telling me that was of course a necessary part in the process of HELPING me.

EDIT: now it works, don't know what i did wrong before, well well, all is good now :unsure:

Thanks for that as a matter of fact I read the redme, I had an empty disk and the advice was to format it and than select mbr, so now I will retry it with guid, on another note if my Hds are seen as external drives, is it possible to change that from within Leopard?

Thankyou for your advice any way and I am sure you dont write for nothing, cheers, Plucka

You may think i am rude lol. in the read me we recommand GUID not mbr , but the both works perfectly.

Your Hd are seen as External Drives , it is normal with AHCI because AHCI brings the NCQ functions (Hot plug ). So if you see your hd in orange it is a normal thing and a good thing.

of course I know what a zip archive is! I have been using both mac and pc for 7 years, have built my pc from scratch, have basic knowledge of unix coding, making websites (css/html), webservers using php and mysql, and I know the basics of javascript. not that anything of that is directly related to zip archives, but I just want you to know I'm not a complete noob at computers.

I agree my question sounds very dumb, but the reason I asked is because unzipping the file only gives me 2 folders, and NOT an ISO file. the iATKOS zip file extracts to an ISO file without any problems, but this Kalyway zip file won't... But I'm sure it's just because i'm tired and not thinking straight, since nobody else seems to be having problems with extracting, so i'll just try again.

Thank you for being so kind in your response, really appreciated =) I'm sure a lot of people are very interested in your sudden urge of banging your head against a wall. Telling me that was of course a necessary part in the process of HELPING me.

EDIT: now it works, don't know what i did wrong before, well well, all is good now :)

LoL !! well , imagine you are in my shoes, and you see the question as I have seen it. Yes it sounds dumb and newbie. Sorry i have no oracular gifts. could not see behind your question that you had already unzipped it. Use winrar (3.71) and you will see an Iso. And if you look at the number of questions , i have answered today, you could maybe understand my disapointment when i saw your question. i am not rude, i try to do my best for bringing to all of you the best support possible. My answer was not wicked, just mocking :)

I am going to try the audio patch in this pkg for the P5B ill report my findings.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=51862

Yep, worked .. awesome. Now my only issue is that I can't read data I want to from my vista drive, the "users" folder from Vista has a lock on it and I can not access it from Leopard. Anybody know how to get around this?

Great DVD install!!!!

I picked most of the options i thought i needed and with the exception of loading my own sigmatel9227 audio and my Ralink wireless every thing installed!

This is the closest i've gotten to my own install! it takes away the PAIN of havin to prepare the HDD GUID and making it bootable! With this and my old 128MB usb stick with all my kexts on i'm up and running with the system in 14mins

SticMAN

i'm seeding through the night with TPB torrent on my old HP laptop, then i'll convert her in the morning, o yes i'm still waiting for iatk**** to finish downloading :)

Every OSX installation I tried to my Acer laptop the sound and wireless/network does not work, but with this ít may work :(

First I install it with apple vanilla and the installation worked very well. Have a ATI X1400 card inside the laptop so the apple loadning screen loads up and then the welcome video will display I only hear the sound and no video or graphical at all. I selected ATI driver inside the installer.. and MBR to the disk. I will try to reinstall again.. but any tip let me know!