KALYWAY 10.5.1 DVD release (the official)

kaly

2,627 posts in this topic

theres no languages inside? only english?

sorry kaly, but i think that release include lots of unneeded stuff that i can download after install from web...

type of installer is tiger or leopard one? (nah, little problem with images - now i can see)

This is no problem! Just install your language pack from the additional installs package from any other Leo-DVD Release. I used Brazil-Mac.

Then go to system preferences//languages and drag your language on top of the list, than make your choice in the time and date format section. Then log out and log in and the sun is shining... :rolleyes:

My experience

Installed this on two of my Hackintosh systems, the desktop loaded fine and resolved some issues I was having with USB, on the laptop I had to boot the DVD with the -legacy option to get the install to boot. Once booted, I was able to get the laptop working. Everything is working better then before with ToH RC2 install. Thanks Kalyway for the DVD. All working good here. I was able to do the updates from the Apple site with no problems.

This is me, giving up, I got Kaly installed, but i have to use the CPUS=1 -v -x flags at every boot, using NVINJECT installs the right drivers for my 8800GTS but then it sticks at a blue screen in normal boot mode. In safe mode i get the correct resolution. Trying the Golden.zip multicore patch screws the pooch on the whole OS. No networking or audio, though I'm sure theres a kext fix for that, but its honestly more then I care to mess with. Least till I get a new motherboard.

I have a core2duo, its a dell xps 410. I have all SATA drives and ICH8R/ICH9R. I installed Kalyway, without vanilla kernels, nvidia inject, and used GUID. I made sure that the partition I installed to was mac osx extended. It got done installing but then it restarted, and I got a b0 error once it rebooted?

How do I fix that?

I have a core2duo, its a dell xps 410. I have all SATA drives and ICH8R/ICH9R. I installed Kalyway, without vanilla kernels, nvidia inject, and used GUID. I made sure that the partition I installed to was mac osx extended. It got done installing but then it restarted, and I got a b0 error once it rebooted?

How do I fix that?

it seems you didn't format your disk with GUID partition table! so you installed the EFi_guid on a mbr partitionned disk. the result is b0....

In diskutility you must click on the button "OPTION..." under the graphical partitions representation. there choose "GUID". and after that do your partitions.

Thanks Dune..I just erased that partition and am re installing kaly but this time I chose EFI with mbr. I forgot about choosing GUID in Diskutility options. I'll prolly re do it again with Guid if its better next time.

Is there any news on Gigabit 82566DC ethernet card on the dells xps 410? IT did not work with iatkos..wondering if it ever will. What are the current compatible cards with Leo? I may just buy a cheap ether net card.

EDIT: Ok I installed it, and it verifies my keyboard.. BUt when it gets to transfer data and i pick do not transfer data, it reloops to the video of Welcome playing???

Sorry if this was a already covered, but I didn't see it anywhere. After booting from the DVD I get a blue screen right around the time the GUI should start. I've tried many boot commands, but could possibly missed a few. I am running SSE2. The computer is a Thinkpad (Lenovo) X41. The CD spins down after a few seconds of seeing the blue screen and then just hangs there. Thank you in advance for your help.

I have now tried like 6 times to install this release, and nothing works.

Both GUID and MBR installs. If i try GUID install, i get the yellow triangle at the end of install telling me it´s screwed, if i do the MBR one, i get the green checked one telling me install went fine and i need to restart.

After restart, i have a black screen with a white cursor in upper left corner forever, and that´s it. Damn.

Can anyone with a Intel DP35DP motherboard, that got it working fine, please tell me how you got it working.

I reinstalled the JaS 10.4.8, updated it to 10.4.10 with Koolkal, and that just works fine.

kudos to kaly and all who were involved..

Under MBR installation with vanilla kernal... flawless... runs perfect, CS3 works fine, added natit for video card.. and presto.. only thing is that geekbench still reports as a Hackentosh and not a Mac Pro.

whats up with that?

btw when installing under guid, i get bootlist bla bla error not found

kudos to kaly and all who were involved..

Under MBR installation with vanilla kernal... flawless... runs perfect, CS3 works fine, added natit for video card.. and presto.. only thing is that geekbench still reports as a Hackentosh and not a Mac Pro.

whats up with that?

btw when installing under guid, i get bootlist bla bla error not found

newer versions of geekbench will recognize the newest hacks with efi and applesmbios and report back hackintosh. if you use an older version of geekbench you will see Mac Pro just like in system profiler.

Hi everyone, I wonder if you guys have the same problem as I do. After the installation, my computer keeps on freezing at the grey mac screen. The animation below the logo works for a while and then finally it freezes. any ideas?

My configuration is as follows:

Sony FZ240 Laptop

Intel G965 chipset with X3100 graphics

Intel Core 2 Duo t5250

Intel ICH8 Sata controller with 160GB Sata drive.

Hey everybody, a special congrats go out to Kalyway, you made a lot of peoples day mate. Absolutely fantastic bit of work. Whilst on the subject, does anyone have a solution for the pc not shutting its self down when you power down, the screen goes off the HDs stop but the PC stays on and I have to manually shut down by holding the power button in? Does anybody have the same quirk, if so, how did you solve it?

Would really like to know, cheers again to Kalyway, Plucka

iATKOS v1.0i betrayed AMD and now KALYWAY also betrayed AMD...

iATKOS v1.0u seems to take ages to release and atleast the rumor said christmas which is two days away.

please help and save all the AMD users in the world. If there is a smart one out there please write a guide on how to patch these

"official" releases to support AMD also, there is a AMD/INtel patch available in Piratebay bt im not quite sure about what it does and

how it does

My desktop system is a P4 3.0GHz w/HT Nvidia GFX5200 AGPthe rest is standard. Would i be able to install OSX on this system?

More details:

Intel Pentium 4 630

mobo: Gigabyte GA

Code Name Prescott

Specification Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 3.00GHz

Package Socket 775 LGA

Rated Bus speed 800.2 MHz

Stock frequency 3000 MHz

Instruction sets MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, EM64T

Chipset & Memory

Northbridge SiS 661FX rev. 11

Southbridge SiS 964 rev. 36

Graphic Interface AGP

AGP Revision 3.0

AGP Transfer Rate 8x

AGP Side Band Addressing supported, enabled

Memory Type

Memory Size 2048 MBytes

Mainboard Vendor Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.

Mainboard Model GA-8S661FXM-775

BIOS Vendor Award Software International, Inc.

BIOS Version F4

BIOS Date 10/14/2005

Memory SPD

Module 1 DDR, PC3200 (200 MHz), 1024 MBytes, Kingston

Module 2 DDR, PC3200 (200 MHz), 1024 MBytes, Kingston

Regards

So there is no way to stop the looping that happens when I am asked if I want to transfer files?? It would be greatly appreciated if I could get this working on my computer. If I boot with -x instead of the video loop I get the "your keyboard must be identified before continuing" loop after I press Do not transfer any files and Continue.

What a messup(Iatkos)!!

I decided to test both NEW installs on my Dell Dimension 9200 and did Kayway first, without going into too much details (cause there are'nt any!) everything installed.

I had to add my soundcard sigmatel 9227, my Wireless USB from Netopia and i was up and running! This included running in RAID mode.

NO PROBLEM!

I must add to read the instructions during the setup screens during boot up!

Then it was Iatkos's turn....

firstly had to switch my raid off, so I had to disable my main drive in order not to wipe it!

The boot setup went through with normal speed, i read the instructions, as the setup did NOT include making the drive bootable!

It had a seperate Terminal application to do this!?

This is where the mess started, if you do a diskutil list you will see your drive, mine as it had my main drive(disk0) included, was disk1, BUT you have to GUESS as the question was which HDD?!!!!

If you didn't know GUID made more than one partition, HOW THE HELL ARE YOU SUPPOSE TO KNOW ITS PARTITION 2!!!!!

After this mess the installation continued, but the DVD seemed to be stuck on a point for a long time without showing ANYTHING on the progrees bar (4 min 23sec) the first time i thought it wwas stuch so i rebooted then the second time, then just as I was going to reboot it, it continued! I do understand that this is because the image file is compressed? but why try and save 2GB if you are going to cut a 4,7GB DVD!?

I really thought the idea of the DVD was to help those that don't know as much as others(us, we, the inner circle) but this is a real mess if you are a normal(noobi) user!

You be the judge...... Iatkos, or Kalyway......

SticMAN

ps do Kalyway last then you are done and don't have to redo everything!!

Can't install on ASUS P5K PRO

AHCI - Enabled

Install stops on this step:

post-115068-1198310934_thumb.jpg

Help! Please...

EDIT: Problemm solved!!!

ACPI - Enable in BIOS and WOOALYA !

post-115068-1198324609_thumb.jpg

Thank's KALY! Great RELEASE !!!!!!!!