KALYWAY 10.5.1 DVD release (the official)

kaly

2,627 posts in this topic

I cannot instal on a old via mainboard, with intel sse2 processor. All the versions of tiger could.

Installer simply restarts after loading a bunch of hfs files, seems to restart after some mention of efi, goes out quickly and restarts before i could read what it was.

Ditto

UPDATE: I get further than that under VMware, so I'm thinking my RAID controller, which isn't seen in VMware, must be confusing the install in native. I'm going to try disabling my RAID controller.

update:

That wasn't it. I can see the reboot happens at system.kext/plugins/something so I'm going to try replacing those files on the dvd with the ones from iatkos, since iatkos installs for me (after replacing the kernel with an sse2 kernel) but doesn't work afterward.

update:

Failure again. This time at TMSafetyNet. Back to the drawing board.

I have an Intel D945GNT MOBO and a Pentium D. Installing onto an 80GB IDE drive--blank with one partition.

The DVD verified fine... both when it was written and when the OSX installer checked it before installing.

I had to turn off Vanilla in order to allow the install to complete, otherwise the install would hang.

Turning off the Vanilla kernel options allowed the install to complete, but upon restart, the HD is not recognized. The OS that is on the CD ROM has no problem reading the drive. (I used the correct formatting: GUID with GUID selected in the install.)

yes im dutch :D

Can anyone give me an heads up on how to get my network + sound up and running ?

Network : no freaking clue its the asus p5k sadly they dont specify the chipset ued for lan

Sound : already got it running

so if anyone could help me out

Hey,

heb je msn en mag ik je msn dan weten? :P via pm ofzo?

want ik heb ook een p5k maar ik krijg hem maar niet werkent

me msn is : kkcwalter@hotmail.com

:) of je xfire is ook goed als je dat hebdt mijne is: kevinwalter

sorry this is netherlands!!!

Great release. Thanks. I had some trouble to install(1 minute hdd in standby) but I resolved by moving mouse. NIC, sound works right out of the install. About this mac is crashing. Any fix for that?

Also I can't see my windows and linux computers, despite of enabling sharing via samba in sharing, and naming my workgroup properly in network - wins. This might be problem of me not knowing Leopard yet. Great release thanks.

Worked pretty well with my board. Only hiccups are that the intro video didnt played and went right to the registration page. sound driver didnt work(had to to manually install drivers, no biggie) and the PS2 problem( good thing I have a cheap USB KB to test).

Very good overall, less error messages than the brazilmac and flat image. THe changes made to the colors and other stuff are annoying at first but easy to restore to original.

Good Job Kaly and Co. ( Do I see a ppf coming to address the small issues? :-) )

Wow. It's a Kalyway Kristmas! I'm in awe. Everything but my graphics card worked immediately out of the box. (See sig.)

Thanks to everyone involved with this project--and a special shoutout to all the IRCers helping with "customer service".

All the best. Happy Holidays.

Hey all, does anyone have a clue as to how I can get shutdown to work properly? At shut down I have to hold the power button in to shut off my PC? Other than that my install works almost perfectly, at least until now that is! Haven't tried everything yet? Updates worked flawlessly.

MOBO AsusP5B green

Dualcore intel pentium E 2140 1.66ghz

SATA DVD burner NEC Optiarc

XFX 7600 GT XXX edition PCI-E

2 x SATA Samsung 160gig drives for Leopard and Vista/XP, manual Bios boot

1 x IDE ATA WD 80gig, 2 partitions with Jas OSX 10.4.8 Tiger on it, running perfectly

Onboard sound Soundmax ADI AD1988A

Realtek networkcard

2 gigs Ram

Any help would be greatly appreciated, cheers, Plucka

screen.tiff

Wow. It's a Kalyway Kristmas! I'm in awe. Everything but my graphics card worked immediately out of the box. (See sig.)

Thanks to everyone involved with this project--and a special shoutout to all the IRCers helping with "customer service".

All the best. Happy Holidays.

yo ... another ny'er.....i'm in SI...do you have sleep working ?......everything works for me except sleep and i'm mental about it!!!!!!

I have:

Pentium4 660 (P) HT 3.6 GHz

• 800 MHz front side bus
  • Socket 775 With both sse2 and sse3

I have installed MAC OS X 10.4.8 without problems , just some problems with the sound. But i cant install This Edition , What is the diffrens?

and I don't understand what GUID is :(

Please help me really want this! :)

Thanks evrybody!

Can any one try to figgure out how to install this for me?

I have:

Pentium4 660 (P) HT 3.6 GHz

• 800 MHz front side bus
  • Socket 775 With both sse2 and sse3

I have installed MAC OS X 10.4.8 without problems , just some problems with the sound. But i cant install This Edition , What is the diffrens?

and I don't understand what GUID is :(

Please help me really want this! :)

Thanks evrybody!

Can any one try to figgure out how to install this for me?

i dont know what kind of motherboard you have but, you problably have to use a program called cpu-z to find out your lan , sound and video.... don't choose vanilla (don't choose any of the kernels, i think it installs the sleep_kernel by default)if you have p4. pick the sound and video as per your mobo/computer specs. on efi boot loader choose mbr( just erase the partition you had 10.4.8 on and use that for leopard)

Ok , i can show you what motherboard i have i have:

• Manufacturer: Asus
  • Motherboard Name: P5LP-LE
  • HP/Compaq motherboard name: Lithium-UL8E

I installed it before today but i got the b0 error :(

So i dont understand how to do :)

How can i get that partition to MBR?

Sorry iam a real newbie about partitions, I have Norton Partition Magic

Ok , i can show you what motherboard i have i have:

• Manufacturer: Asus
  • Motherboard Name: P5LP-LE
  • HP/Compaq motherboard name: Lithium-UL8E

I installed it before today but i got the b0 error :(

So i dont understand how to do :)

How can i get that partition to MBR?

Sorry iam a real newbie about partitions, I have Norton Partition Magic

this will show you how to set up a primary partiton and install osx on it , just use the kal dvd instead of 10.4.8 or whatever

http://dilnalomo.googlepages.com/

then you have to click customize , then choose either sse2 or nothing(like i said , sleep kernel is default)

then choose sound , graphics , bla, bla , blah..... at the bottom where it says boot loaders you problably have to choose mbr....

check this.... you may have to upgrade your chip......

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry533268

Please help me. :(

I´m no noob, but i really can´t get it to work at all.

Not with GUID or MBR.

Anyone with a DP35DP motherboard, or anyone that knows this board, please, i beg you, help me get this working.

I´m a ? on this. I never expected it to not work at all.

Thanx! :)

Please help me. :(

I´m no noob, but i really can´t get it to work at all.

Not with GUID or MBR.

Anyone with a DP35DP motherboard or anyone that knows this board, please, i beg you, help me get this working.

I´m a ? on this. I never exprected it to not work at all.

Thanx! :)

you keep mouving the mouse during the installation??

Cheers