KALYWAY 10.5.1 DVD release (the official)

kaly

2,627 posts in this topic

Stuck at:

localhost configd[32]: InterfaceNamer: no network interfaces, could not update platform UUID
localhost /usr/sbin/ocspd[59]: starting
localhost configd[32]: Could not establish network configuration: Success!

My hardware:Dell XPS 410 with Intel 965 chipset, ICH8 drive controllers and SATA hd

My install:Vanilla's checkedNATITstartup with -v -x

which video driver should i use for ati radeon hd2600xt?thanks!Try with mbr without vanilla, worked on my dp35dp, but i get stucked after the reboot on the apple welcome screen.After "do not transfer my information now" it starts again with "Welcome, in which region are ..." in an loop. -> any suggestions?

Try in startup options:

"Graphics Mode"="640x480x32"

This will force it not to run the new user setup routine. It worked for me on a different Leo install.

This board is one of our test board when we did this release. So yes it fully works on it

What do you think I am doing wrong? I have been trying all day to get it installed on my DS3P!!!!! I keep on getting the plist error or Ebios Block read error!!!

I have sata dvdr, sata hard drive and have ahci enabled, virtualization disabled, sata ide native mode enable etc.

Getting very frustrated now.

This install worked flawlessly for me. For my specs, check my signature. But in case it's useful to anyone, I didn't do anything fancy to get it installed:

1) Burnt the ISO in XP using DVD Decrypter at 6X on a Ridata/Ritek DVD

2) Booted from the DVD using the BIOS's bootup menu

3) Hit F8 upon DVD bootup for the Darwin Bootloader, and typed "vanilla" (no quotes) in to see if the Vanilla Kernel would work. It did no problems.

4) After the Installer finished booting, I went to Disk Utility and Partitioned the drive using GUID, Formatted said partition into HFS+ (Journaled) and labeled it "Leopard". Note here, I installed Leopard on a SEPARATE HDD, I'm not dual-booting from the same HDD, rather from 2 different physical drives (XP and Leopard, respectively)

5) Once that was done, I chose the packages I wanted installed. I chose the Vanilla Kernel and the other package from that section, from the Bootloader section checked that EFI_GUID was chosen and I chose NVInject for Desktop for my 7300GS.

6) Installer hanged with 2 minutes left, apparently the HDD went to sleep, so I clicked a menu and it sprung back to life. Installation proceeded fine.

7) Restarted. Leopard booted perfectly. Created my account, and now I'm trying to figure out a way to make this darned distro not be SO DAMNED UGLY. WHY Kaly, WHY!?

I hope that helps, and if ANYONE knows how to make Kalyway look like normal Retail Leo with the proper wallpaper and icons, please do tell.

Great Distribution nontheless, totally painless installation and great performance. ;)

Just wanted to confirm that this release works with SSE2.

I got a thinkpad with a pentium M and an IDE harddisk. Needed no bootloader switches to install. I only applied the SSE2 package in the installer selection.

With ToH I had the infinite reboot problem, with kalyway it works straight.

Try the MBR way and choose the MBR bootloader in the customize screen.

Thanks kalyway

OLD {censored} --> UPDATE available

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=77069&st=600#entry551664'>http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=77069&st=600#entry551664'>http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=77069&st=600#entry551664

Here is the Asus P5W DH Deluxe Guide

FIRST OF ALL PLEASE BUY LEOPARD!!! it costs not much but it is a great OS! Thanks

Look at the pictures and config it in the same way, this is for the

BIOS Version: 2406

Build Date: 11/16/07

Please do all the same like the pictures shows you and you will be happy!

Thanks a lot for this DVD-ROM :wallbash:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=77069&st=600#entry551664

Step:

01: 41323043we9.th.jpg02: 34609182of0.th.jpg03: 82165681ct8.th.jpg04: 76923578yu2.th.jpg

05: 82533740ny3.th.jpg06: 34733159hr8.th.jpg07: 46432834du6.th.jpg08: 17512428re9.th.jpg

09: 13198933an1.th.jpg10: 10ig9.th.jpg11: 11rn3.th.jpg12: 12mq9.th.jpg

13: 13yf2.th.jpg14: 14xi6.th.jpg15: 15hw0.th.jpg16: 16wh3.th.jpg

WAIT: 24ne2.th.jpg17: 17cs2.th.jpg18: 18nm8.th.jpg19: 19va0.th.jpg

20: 20ek5.th.jpg21: 21hh1.th.jpg22: 22tk9.th.jpg23: 23hw0.th.jpg

Merry Christmas,

by root2

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=77069&st=600#entry551664

you must use winrar on windows or bomarchiver on mac!

be sure to recheck hash with your torrent client before extracting!

So I have to install a windows just to extract those files? (Can't install Mac OS X obviously... )

Bad luck I guess....

glad at least 1 confirmed SSE2 works. i can't even get far to select the MBR bootloader. i get the countdown timer where the F* message appears, then it tries to load files, then reboot :D

Just wanted to confirm that this release works with SSE2.

I got a thinkpad with a pentium M and an IDE harddisk. Needed no bootloader switches to install. I only applied the SSE2 package in the installer selection.

With ToH I had the infinite reboot problem, with kalyway it works straight.

Try the MBR way and choose the MBR bootloader in the customize screen.

Thanks kalyway

HTF do I do this? I have downloaded twice from tpb

tried to unzip with

Quick Zip

7zip

And Windows Explorer

with no luck

I also Tried it with

winRar

Suffit Expander

and it appeared to extract but won't get past Grey Apple logo in Vmware and it won't burn through Ultra Iso or Dvd Decryptor

What Can I do to get this to work? I have SSE2 Please help is it a corrupt ISO or what?

no i thought you was referring to the .iso

but it could be that they renamed the .iso to .zip (dont know where you are getting it from)

That's where my problem lies...

It won't extract the zip file :S

And I'm already using linux, so I can't really using windows / winrar to extract it :S

Furthermore, this release should work perfect with a P5K(ICH9).Go into your bios, put your SATA mode into Enhanced IDE and it should work. I used P5K-E(ICH9-R) too for development. TheICH9-R have exactly the same ID than ICH9 in SATA Enhanced mode, so it should work.
I'm struggling to get the system load after installAny ideas what might cause the problem?

Any chance I could get BIOS settings and install settings ?

Now i have a big problem .. ;)

I cant write, the keyboard used to work but it dosent work now, i need to write my password in the authentic box. So i can install the British keyboard layout. But i can't. Is it any built in program that i can use to write without keyboard? ;)

HTF do I do this? I have downloaded twice from tpb

tried to unzip with

Quick Zip

7zip

And Windows Explorer

with no luck

I also Tried it with

winRar

Suffit Expander

and it appeared to extract but won't get past Grey Apple logo in Vmware and it won't burn through Ultra Iso or Dvd Decryptor

What Can I do to get this to work? I have SSE2 Please help is it a corrupt ISO or what?

try winrar371 below. But you'll have to buy it after 40days of use if you like it

wrar371.exe

I'm up, I'm running, and I'm done messing with it trying to figure out why it didn't work before. The truth is, it works now. Had to reset BIOS settings to defaults and not disabled built-in serial, parallel, and PS2 ports (disabling them makes the install fail during the setup portion where you configure your keyboard; disabling them after the install works but the next install will fail).

- Dell Precision 690

- Two Quad-Core Xeon 2.33 Processors

- 8 GB RAM

- GUID Hard Drive format

- Vanilla Kernel + Patches

- NVidia Quadro NVS 285 Video (enabled through NVInject)

- Virginized post-install

Thanks for the help from everyone online. The last two days without a "Mac" were difficult!

No luck with mine currently. I am trying to install on a drive that is already partitioned. So this could be the reason I am not seeing the partition option in diskutility.

Any answers other than erase the present partition?

glad at least 1 confirmed SSE2 works. i can't even get far to select the MBR bootloader. i get the countdown timer where the F* message appears, then it tries to load files, then reboot :(

Did you try "-legacy" ? I didn't need it but maybe your system does. Also you might want to try to boot it in vmware to be sure that the dvd is not corrupted or something. I burned mine at 2x speed only. Dunno if that helps you, but I have no other clues.

i dont know what i have to do, to become kalyway working...

i have tested all bios settings... all hdds ... ever and ever

eveerytime there comes the wating for root device error...

while trying trough vmware... also with virtual disk, there comes one time the waiting for root device error... then something like starting stands there but nothing more happens...

i want leo too!!! :(