KALYWAY 10.5.1 DVD release (the official)

kaly

2,627 posts in this topic

hands down easiest OSX install experience i've had yet. install went flawlessly, very slow, but flawlessly. had to delete geforce.kext and nvdaresman.kext but no biggie, and poof im into Leopard. ATI video drivers aren't working properly but im ok at 1280x1024 for now...4:30am and i'm satisfied. gonna make a norton ghost backup then work on everything else tomorrow.

im just happy it went so well with my nforce 650i board. first installer ever to see my IDE hard drive and install to it, always had to install to my usb HD and clone it over.

after that long ass iatkos download that won't boot for me and all the other installers i've tried, i was damn happy to see this work so well. very grateful.

Out of now 13 pages, I only see one other person who gets the repeating intro song/setup process. I think there was maybe one of two people who had it freeze after a successful install but during the first boot on the gray Apple screen.

Why would my system, which ran all previous versions including the Vanilla kernel mod for BrazilMac, not be able to run this one?

(Dell Precision 690 w/dual quad Xeons, 8 GB RAM, GeForce 7600 GS, and AudioAdvantage USB sound because I could never get the Dell built-in audio working on any OSx86 release)

I cannot instal on a old via mainboard, with intel sse2 processor. All the versions of tiger could.

Installer simply restarts after loading a bunch of hfs files, seems to restart after some mention of efi, goes out quickly and restarts before i could read what it was.

I cannot instal on a old via mainboard, with intel sse2 processor. All the versions of tiger could.

Installer simply restarts after loading a bunch of hfs files, seems to restart after some mention of efi, goes out quickly and restarts before i could read what it was.

Hi Sama, I got the exact same problem as you with the ToH RC2, but when I tried with kalyway, the problem disappears. Now I'm too busy with my studying that I cannot install Kalyway, hope that I can install is successfully and I'll post my achievement with instructions included for you.

By the way, did you try kalyway, or ToH? Try them, and if they don't work, try install EFI v8 first (it's just a suggestion of mine).

This is no problem! Just install your language pack from the additional installs package from any other Leo-DVD Release. I used Brazil-Mac.

Then go to system preferences//languages and drag your language on top of the list, than make your choice in the time and date format section. Then log out and log in and the sun is shining... :D

Hello again...

is there a posibility that anyone can give me (us germans) the German language package?

...perhaps we can make a secend DVD witdh language packages...

i love my new cat :) THANKS at all !

got this running stable with efi and orig kexts on a hp nc6320 laptop.

except both nic and wifi do not work and no sound.

but it runs smoother then toh or any other release.

tries iatkos but that just freezes during install.

argh , can someone shed some light on what im doing wrong ?

the Kalyway 10.5.1 supports jmicron right ?

So i should be able to install from DVD from a IDE DVD DRIVE on the JMICRON right ?

how come i CANNOT boot from the dvd ?

i keep getting the error cant find .plst thingie

i tried jmicron in al 3 modes : AHCI , IDE , RAID

none will make the kalyway DVD boot

(the target hdd is a 120GB Sata)

edit :

i janked out my via vt6421 controller out of my server (wich has a pata interface also)

and put it in my pc, when booting from IDE from the card, kalyway will NOT boot

how can i get the dvd to bot

For thouse of you who had this problems:

1-freeze at instal (1 minute left)

- solution - try to move the mouse and click from time to time (to prevent HDD to enter standby)

2- looping reebot

-solution - do not chek vanila

3-can't boot up

- solution - format the partitions using MBR and select MBR EFI

I had al this problems and naw it's evrething ok. I haven't tryed to update OS yet and i doun't think i'l do it because i'm tired to install and reinstal and stuf like that.

So good luck

argh , can someone shed some light on what im doing wrong ?

the Kalyway 10.5.1 supports jmicron right ?

So i should be able to install from DVD from a IDE DVD DRIVE on the JMICRON right ?

No, no , no and no. I said it many times. tired to repeat always the same things. read the forum please !

The Jmicron has a {censored} ATAPI implementation and when you insert the install DVD. darwin could not see the

HFS partition on it. So buy a PATA/SATA adaptor and plug your dvd drive on sata, or buy a sata DVD drive. it should work.

However, strangely if you connect and IDE HD and install leo on it, the JMicron work perfectly.

No, no , no and no. I said it many times. tired to repeat always the same things. read the forum please !

The Jmicron has a {censored} ATAPI implementation and when you insert the install DVD. darwin could not see the

HFS partition on it. So buy a PATA/SATA adaptor and plug your dvd drive on sata, or buy a sata DVD drive. it should work.

However, strangely if you connect and IDE HD and install leo on it, the JMicron work perfectly.

ok fine, then explain why the DVD also will NOT boot from my IDE RAID SATA/PATA VIA vt6421 ? (ofcourse the ide dvd drive is connected to the pata interface)

i still receive the same boot.plist error.

as if this one cannot read the disc also

ow yeah, and about your "tip" to read the forums, trust me i did, ive been reading for over 3 weeks now, this forum is very confusing

but gathering from your words i can conclude that the DVD has to be read via SATA interface ? so im stuck to buy a pata to sata convertor or a sata drive ?

then you say when using an IDE hdd it should work, so i took a 40GB IDE and hooked it up to the same ide cable as the DVD drive, still the bot.plist error

2- looping reebot

-solution - do not chek vanila

if you've got a core familly processor , better thing to do before not checking vanilla is to look in to your bios

and verify if the "Execute Disable Bit" feature or sometimes called "NX/XD" is enabled.

without this enabled the system boot in loop.

Top class!!

I just tested the release and it is really a timesaver. The only two things it didn't for me were:

-fixing IONetworkingFamily.kext so that my intel 100/VE would work

-installing Paulicat's Natit.kext for GMA950 on laptops to eliminate mouse tearing

But this is not a problem when you can fix it with your system running!!

Other than this it is just like my brazilMac+guid+tuneups setup which took a lot more time both in the command line and mainly booting a couple of times the DVD.No need for usbsticks aswell!

Congrats for the work!

ok fine, then explain why the DVD also will NOT boot from my IDE RAID SATA/PATA VIA vt6421 ? (ofcourse the ide dvd drive is connected to the pata interface)

i still receive the same boot.plist error.

as if this one cannot read the disc also

could be the same problem, or your dvd drive.

ow yeah, and about your "tip" to read the forums, trust me i did, ive been reading for over 3 weeks now, this forum is very confusing

How can you read this topic over 3 weeks, since kalyway is out since 3 days. you know , i am not rude, don't believe that. ;) But before asking question look a bit around please. so in 3 minutes i found the answer post 29 & 141...... ;)

but gathering from your words i can conclude that the DVD has to be read via SATA interface ? so im stuck to buy a pata to sata convertor or a sata drive ?

yes, best way

then you say when using an IDE hdd it should work, so i took a 40GB IDE and hooked it up to the same ide cable as the DVD drive, still the bot.plist error

no, i said you can install leo on a IDE HD connected to the Jmicron without any problems.

what sound audio drivers for 889a p35-DS4 ?

Threepwood wait for response in 30 minuties ;)

I can confirm that this distribution is working with P35-DS4, with vanilla and grub. I do a clean install and only problem was a freeze at the end of the installation

I don't like the theme included in this distro ;)

I'm having same problems as some users where I get an instant reboot after all the HFS messages when it seems to be just loading files from CD and hasn't accessed the HD yet.

I have Intel SSE2 on a Asus P4G8X mobo, VESA3 graphics.

I'm not sure which start up options I must use for SSE2, and which ones to try?

Thanks!

After testing in my setup, everything seemed fine, but after the restart, i have no keyboard any more.

During the setup (from DVD) my keyboard works, but as soon as goes pass the bootloader, there is no activity from my keyboard (ps2).

The video comes ok during the first load, but i can't put any information during the first setup (keyboard is dead).

I choose GUID on a fresh HDD, with vanilla kexts.

Also i changed the bios settings accordingly.

This happens for the first time for me.

Anyone with keyboard problem?

Regards

can someone explain me why my colors (millions) on "Nvidia Geforce Go7300" so bad?

- pictures are with ugly stripes, gradients not smooth...

it seems that my graficcard don't works correctly ?

in my "System Profiler" the resolution is correct and the collors are in millions (no refresh rate??)

that looks ok... but Pictures or other (backround) has ugly artifacts ...

what can i do ?

I met some problems: Installed the DVD to the harddisk OK,but we i boot from harddisk, the system just reboot after the gracy logo appers and reboot again and again.

My Machine: IBM X32, SSE2, 512MB, Does anyone have any solution for that?

Thanks in advance.

or your dvd drive.

cant, i swapped out drives also .. ;)

How can you read this topic over 3 weeks, since kalyway is out since 3 days.

i never ever said ive been reading about kalyway for 3 weeks, ive been reading up on installing osx on intel machines in general for 3 weeks (and i still dont have a clue lol)

But before asking question look a bit around please. so in 3 minutes i found the answer post 29 & 141...... ;)

going to take a look at the posts

Sorry i'm new with this, but i did get the JAS 10.4.8 to work but when i install this it says.

"Install Failed

Mac OS X could not be installed on your computer

The installer encountered an unknown error that failed the install.

Contact the software manufacture for assistance." So i pushed the restart button on the screen and it wont eaven restart :(

I have made a partition that is Fat32 that i have erased to a MAC os X partiotion.

I did burn the ISO that i downloaded "KALYWAY_LEO_10.5.1intel_SSE2_SSE3" but it was an other folder in the Zip file that had the name "__MACOSX"

I don't really know what to do :(

And i have an Intel pentium 4 3.6 ghz processor with sse3 and sse2 What should i do?!

Sorry if the text is a little bit messy.

Any idea? :(

hi ,

i have it installed

but he give's a error "b0 error" :(

i think its Boot Error.

is there a solution for? :(

it is installed on a dual core 2 2.86 GHZ 2 work...

8600 nvidia and a asus motherbord P5K

SSE SSE2 SSE3 SSSE3 EMT64

KevinWalter :(

try to boot from DVD and then reinstall only the GUID_EFI or MBR Package (after boot into System) that was good for me and after that i can boot normal widthout DVD