KALYWAY 10.5.1 DVD release (the official)

kaly

2,627 posts in this topic

I got a problem with this zip file. The MD5 for zip was ok. but when i open with winrar it says: Unexpected end of file. After that tried with 7zip latest version and the iso inside is 386 MB. So whats happening here. I need a working OsX version to open the file or ? Thanks in advance.

EDITED: Sorry, I fixed it by just Upgrading Winrar to 3.71. Uncompresing Right Now.

Kaly, you are officially my hero.

Best OSx86 distro EVER!

All four of my sata ports finally work on my GA-P35-DS3L. Installation could not have gone smoother. To think how many hours and headaches it took to install Leopard last time, I did now with a couple button clicks. THANK YOU!

You're installing Tiger? Just kidding, couldn't resist :(

hahaa funny,

anyway , the tiger install runs fine,

the leo installer does not boot up, anyone know why ? last messages i get

also is it possible install tiger first and then upgrade to leo using kalyway 10.5.1 ?

leostart.jpg

i can see both leopard and tiger waiting on root devices, but the tiger installers goes through, the leo installer just hangs

is there any reason why this should happen ?

the md5 checksum of my leo 10.5 is ok

Also , is it possible to get into diskutil via F8 in darwin bootloader ? , i can boot up 10.4.1 fine, but 10.5 wont boot into installer

o my god this is frustrating, i can install tiger over and over again withouth a hitch(tried 4 times now), but the leo refuses to start the install

this will show you how to set up a primary partiton and install osx on it , just use the kal dvd instead of 10.4.8 or whatever

http://dilnalomo.googlepages.com/

then you have to click customize , then choose either sse2 or nothing(like i said , sleep kernel is default)

then choose sound , graphics , bla, bla , blah..... at the bottom where it says boot loaders you problably have to choose mbr....

check this.... you may have to upgrade your chip......

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry533268

I did exactly like the guide at Dilnalomo, but when i tought i was finished with the install i got "Install Failed". So i restarted the computer and then i got b0 error... What is the problem?! ;)

Has any other here got the same problem?, What was your solution?

Thanks for the Kalyway realese anyway! ;)

Nearly perfect install on Asus P5B/Q6600/HIS Radeon 1600 pro! :thumbsup_anim:

May be this helps some Radeon owners to.

I install it seven times systematicly and finally I got it. May be this will help some Noobs.

Step 1 Do all Bios settings like Dune31 has postet in this thread.

Step 2 Boot up your Kalyway (I used an external DVD-Drive).

Step 3 Format your disk (I use MBR but maybe GUID works to)

Step 4 Install with vanilla (like described, both buttons) and azalia but WITHOUT Natit (In my case it allways hangs on boot after install)

Step 5 Reboot, smile, look around and than search for the DIABOLIK NatitX1600.r1v3.Installer. Install only the second option, repair permissions, reboot.

You will get all Resolutions and QE/CI enabled - Hey!

Step 6 Smile a little bit more, even when you see, that your network works out of the box, than feel free to make some apple updates.

Step 7 You will see, that only 2 of 4 SATA Ports are supportet, but all your IDE-Drives.

Don´t care, reboot in your Bios and change settings from AHCI to IDE (even JMicron, if you want) then boot in Leo and see all your SATA ports

Minor probs to fix: Mic in (better: a way to get the onboard adi1988a completely working) and Sleep mode (it does´nt wake up)

ENJOY! :D

GREAT RELEASE, Kaly-Team G R E A T !!! THANKYOUVERYMUCH, also in the name of my school teachers, my parents, my wife and... you know....

P.S.: I know, there is a little bit shorter way, but that was the way I find out.

woohoo! got it installed first try. system is

gigabyte p35-ds3p rev2.0

2x1gb ram G.Skill

250gb sata hd. guid.

liteon dvd/rw sata.

intel core2q6600

dual monitors

everything but the audio works (working on that), and theres something weird with the video.

the weird thing with the video is that it turns the video card fan on full blast even though i'm not doing anything intensive (just idle). i checked the natit selection, i guess i need to change it? does anyone know?

racerx123 what bios settings etc did you use?

I have DS3P Rev 1.1, Q6600, 7300GT and have tried installing with GUID and screen goes blank at end of install?

Hi guys!

This went smoothly.

The only problem I have is, that i cannot shutdown the computer. When I want to shutdown, everything go down (screen, hdd), but the power led doesnt. I have to push power button for 5 secs to shut it down.

Any ideas?

Are you shure, it not just needs a little bit more time? In my case it is so, but it works. Even reboot takes a little bit to long.

if you've got a core familly processor , better thing to do before not checking vanilla is to look in to your bios

and verify if the "Execute Disable Bit" feature or sometimes called "NX/XD" is enabled.

without this enabled the system boot in loop.

Dune31:

I've been reading this thread, and the only solution/answer to the loop-issue that many of us experience is the one mentioned above?

My BIOS dont have that option, nor the ones you mentioned in the middle of this thread.

So, the milliondollar question is: If I dont have those options, what can I do in order NOT to keep stucking in the loop?

Since I dont have a Core processor I assume I have a ss2 type.

Furthermore, what information can I provide you with to make it easier for the both of us to solve this?

Your response is highly appreciated! Thank god for my Macbook so I dont have to sit on XP, but I want that other Laptop working as well! :thumbsup_anim:

Orange icons is a normal thing. System made them like that cos you are in AHCI mode.
Hi Dune 31,I read some post in a thread about an ICH8 IDE SUPPORT driver (you will find it easy) and they talk about a procedure to use this driver with the new Kalyway-Release. And they said, you have to change this setting to IDE, to get full support of all SATA ports.Otherwise - I read in the manual of the Kaly-Release that it IS supportet anyway. So I give it a Try. I go the bios and change to IDE, even JMicron, and I could´nt believe it - It boots up and I see all my SATA-drives, not only two., and they shown as internal drives!I hear you say: "this is normal" :thumbsup_anim:
macimesser: 100% positive. I waited for about 10 minutes and nothing happend. Everything seems to be off (hdd, screen, fans), but led...Reboot works normaly though.
Okay, 10 minutes are definitely too long. Sorry, it was just an idea...
Can anyone help me? I've read through the thread, and noticed other people have the boot.plist error come up after installation, but it comes up for me when I initially try to boot from the DVD. I'm trying to boot off a USB DVD drive and cannot even get the installer to boot.
Try external USB-DVD-Drive
Third time I got successful install message, when I rebooted I got Ebios read error in Block!!!!!Help!!!!
What did you install? What options did you use (network, video, boot) What´s youre hardware?

´Hi, there i post my problem here too...

i get stuck on this screen...

img_028446t.jpg

i have tesed with tiger and another leopard dvd... there comes the firewire detection and after a few sec. waiting for root device apears... maybe this is here to?! but i can't see it... is there any option to load in text mode?!?

btw. whats the problem when the waiting for root device is coming??

Good work!

I have try to install and ok, but at first restart freez on apple screen.

My hardware in signature

I have select efi vanilla guid , ati driver, alc883

With -v tell me

(/.Spotlight-V100/Stores/ADB12066-F7B6-431D-8A13-D147067164EF)(Error) IndexCI in ContentIndexOpenBulk:No index

i have leo toh with kernel vanilla and efi works tested.

thanks

Don´t use the natit installer of this release. You can install it later (Diabolik)

´Hi, there i post my problem here too...

i get stuck on this screen...

img_028446t.jpg

i have tesed with tiger and another leopard dvd... there comes the firewire detection and after a few sec. waiting for root device apears... maybe this is here to?! but i can't see it... is there any option to load in text mode?!?

btw. whats the problem when the waiting for root device is coming??

1. if you want help, give details about your hardware...

2. boot with F8 (options), than type -v return, now you can see waht happens