KALYWAY 10.5.1 DVD release (the official)

kaly

2,627 posts in this topic

At first : THANK YOU !!!!!

so... now i have a problem... after successfull installation and rebooting the first start i get an error:

b0error...

please help me whats wrong ?

THX ;) and mary CH

I had the same error when i chose EFI GUID. I reinstalled with EFI MBR only and I am to boot.

Meanwhile I disabled speedstep as well (BIOS) and installed it a 5 th time...

This time I used the following options:

(found here:

http://forum.osx86scene.com/viewtopic.php?...p;sk=t&sd=a )

Now it is working :-)

works for p5w dh deluxe!!! you must simply tweak your bios setting!! execute disable fonction on enable ! Max cpuid on enable ! hpet enable! memory remap feature on enable! microcode updation on enable! acpi 2 support on yes ! acpi apic support on enablr!

voila! it' should work now!! with vanilla kernel!!

i had answer to you already on this forum.

but caution with some mobo with the MAx cpuid : on the p5w there are no problems to enable it, but on P5k-E for exemple you have to disable it because sometimes you lose the second core of your core 2 duo because of it !

The most important things for Vanilla kernel running correctly and avoid reboot loop is to Enable the "Execute Disable Bit" or called "NX/XD" !

I finally completed to download my copy and started to test it. I'm sorry I have to confirm that (at least, my) SSE2 CPU (P4 2.0Ghz, HP EVO 610C) isn't supported.

After loading (twice..) the kexts, the installation reboots forever.

Same as for ToH release.

I will stay on Tiger... everything works like a charm in 10.4.11.

Thanks for the trial.

Yeah Me too, really frustrating.

I had this same problem, it was simply because I formatted my drive for MBR instead of GUID. When I had selected to install the GUID bootloader from the install menu. Re-doing the install and making sure I used GUID in both places, and it was fixed.

The only issue I have is that my sound does not work, its frustrating .. everything else works but I need sound :)

I finally completed to download my copy and started to test it. I'm sorry I have to confirm that (at least, my) SSE2 CPU (P4 2.0Ghz, HP EVO 610C) isn't supported.

After loading (twice..) the kexts, the installation reboots forever.

Same as for ToH release.

I will stay on Tiger... everything works like a charm in 10.4.11.

Thanks for the trial.

I have sse2 only as well on my Pentium M. I was able to use the TOH rc2 and got a good install. I am still playing with options on Kalyway install

Here is what I have after the install.

Dell Inspiron 9300 2ghz sse2

The install went smoothly. I formated whole disk for two partitions, one HSF+ and one fat32.

Under Customize I selected:

Vanilla Kernel

SSE2

Nvidia for Laptop (I have geforce 6800 go)

Bootloader is EFI for MBR

The Boot Loader Works!

I select Leopard and after about But I am in a reboot loopThe last lines read :

BSD root: /dev/disk0s1, major 14, minor2

syncing disks: Killing all processes

Then it reboots. And same exact message when I try vanilla

Any Ideas? Or is this just because of sse2?

I had the same error when i chose EFI GUID. I reinstalled with EFI MBR only and I am to boot.

how can i do that? width the "EFI MBR" only?

i just make a partition without formating. 100GB on my Notebook with "gparted"

then i boot from the great DVD...

in the next step i use the diskutility and make a HFS+ Jurnaled .

after that i install MACOSX ... after installing success i reboot...

and the error comes

can you tell me the way how i must prepare my Harddisk before i do the reinstallation ? (like fist step second step aso.?)

Thank U Very much for helping me !

Mmm, could the reason of installation failure the lack of support of video card ? I have an ATI Radeon Mobility 7500..

Thanks for feedbacks.

Nando.

I have sse2 only as well on my Pentium M. I was able to use the TOH rc2 and got a good install. I am still playing with options on Kalyway install

Are you dual booting Vista and Leopard? If so what are you using to dual boot?

I have yet to get a boot loader installed, I have my bios set to boot my raid to vista .. I use F8 at the POST screen to pop up the boot menu to boot my IDE if I want to boot Leopard.

I quit using Leopard for now until I can find a way to get the sound working, I need my sound as I work all day on my pc and need to play music and such.

Hi to all,

I have installed today the Kalyway Leopard and the installation was excelent with both vanilla kernel , with corect efi (mbr in my case) , BUT... after the reboot i get "Error loading booter..."

So ... leopard was installed on a external drive ... i have googled and find something about "active partition"

Anybody else have this problem?

PS: thanks kaly fr your voluntary great work

according to this post (http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&showtopic=70071&view=findpost&p=534111)

is it possible to modify the kext of the install DVD so that we can use the PATA DVD Driver attached to Jmicron to install leopard?

I just don't want to buy another SATA DVD just for installation. My old DVD Writer is still performing very well.

This thing is already done in the dvd man. the problem is not the dvd !

I already explained that before : the Jmicron has a {censored} ATAPI implementation. if you connect a DVD drive to the PATA

, yes it will work, but you will never boot the install DVD whatever you do. The problem is that a DVD drive connected on the Jmicron PATA is uncapable to see the HFS partition on the DVD.

best thing to do , is to buy a SATA/PATA adaptator and to connect the dvd drive to your ICH sata.

I know it is strange since you can install without no problems at all Leo on a IDE HD connected to the Jmicron.

i had answer to you already on this forum.

but caution with some mobo with the MAx cpuid : on the p5w there are no problems to enable it, but on P5k-E for exemple you have to disable it because sometimes you lose the second core of your core 2 duo because of it !

The most important things for Vanilla kernel running correctly and avoid reboot loop is to Enable the "Execute Disable Bit" or called "NX/XD" !

Thanks, I read your post and configured the BIOS as you told me, but somehow it didn't work either. So I searched and found the quoted posting.

It seems to me, that enabling the "memory remap feature" did it. Is this possible?

After all, Dune and Kaly, you did a really great job! Thank you very much!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great Christmas Present you gave to the community!

Do you have a paypal account? I'd really like to spent you guys a beer, or wine, whatever you prefer ;-)

Cheers!

This thing is already done in the dvd man. the problem is not the dvd !

I already explained that before : the Jmicron has a {censored} ATAPI implementation. if you connect a DVD drive to the PATA

, yes it will work, but you will never boot the install DVD whatever you do. The problem is that a DVD drive connected on the Jmicron PATA is uncapable to see the HFS partition on the DVD.

best thing to do , is to buy a SATA/PATA adaptator and to connect the dvd drive to your ICH sata.

I know it is strange since you can install without no problems at all Leo on a IDE HD connected to the Jmicron.

thanks for your quick reply. Just that in the post I quote, the guy mentioned that after the modification the kext, he was able to boot the installation DVD and install from a PATA DVD attached to Jmicron to an IDE HDD attached to Jmicron as well. And he has the same Vendor ID and Product ID as mine. So I though it might be possible.

Thanks, I read your post and configured the BIOS as you told me, but somehow it didn't work either. So I searched and found the quoted posting.

It seems to me, that enabling the "memory remap feature" did it. Is this possible?

After all, Dune and Kaly, you did a really great job! Thank you very much!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great Christmas Present you gave to the community!

Do you have a paypal account? I'd really like to spent you guys a beer, or wine, whatever you prefer ;-)

Cheers!

me too! excellent job! really